ALERT! Droid 2 getting update tonight.

Reaction score
So this might be gingerbread. cause there were rumors running around that a major release would be 2.3? if not then i am in love with google for pushing out this and then gingerbread. dancedroid

Google doesn't make updates specifically for certain phone models, as far as im aware. They only do that with the Nexus One I think. Google develops and releases new versions of the Android OS, but that applies to all/most phones. Motorola made this update, it's not Gingerbread.

microsnook

Reaction score
I am rooted, but not running a rom just stock with root. Does the root block the OTA?

no, but when you install the update you will lose root access

Thanks for the heads up Cereal.
I am too rooted, but have not received any updates for my phone? I also checked manually in system updates, and it says im up to date (2.2.20) or something like that.

So how would I go about the update?!

Thanks

Wetherby

Reaction score
Update is awesome! Makes my Droid feel brand new again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Wetherby

Reaction score
The update is definately not gingerbread

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

icebluemale30

Reaction score
Question ....if im on 2.3.15 rooted and i sbf back to 2.2.0 and get this update will i be able to root my phone again .......before i do all the trouble ?

moneymatt

Reaction score
Ugh..

why did they have to move the screen unlock bar!!

I spend a year getting used to something and then they mess it up. Jerks.

m

Last edited by a moderator:

ocdtrekkie

Reaction score
Love Verizon's casual slide of their cruddy paid navigation software onto the device.

microsnook

Reaction score

Cloppy

Reaction score
Question ....if im on 2.3.15 rooted and i sbf back to 2.2.0 and get this update will i be able to root my phone again .......before i do all the trouble ?

Yes you have to re run the exploit and set permissions on the file

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like they pulled it for now. But any one with the ota be nice to get a system dump....or the ota ;)
That way the devs can get to work.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love Verizon's casual slide of their cruddy paid navigation software onto the device.

Its just so sad

"Hey they already have free turn by turn voice directions lets give them the option of our own paid version!"

"Great idea!!!"
Anyone care to be the first to admit they purchased the service even though we get it FREE? lol

:icon_ devil:

... you know someone is gonna... and I can't even begin to wonder what their thought process is like.

Mdelisle25

Reaction score
:mad: the suspense of this is killing me. does anyone know the reason behind why some phones get it before others?