Thunderbolt Bug Fixing Update Tonight

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The flyer that Verizon put out should have read

"Get the most out of your Thunderbolt by HTC by rooting it and installing Das BAMF Sense 3.0 RC5"

Rotas

Reaction score
Now only if we can get gingerbread....

The update actually has helped the phone a lot though, at least for me.

pappabacon

Reaction score
Still haven't been able to get it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RotorJoe

Reaction score
Can you go back anyway? Liked my free hotspot. Still not comfortable in the root process yet, but it looks like I'm going to have be real soon.

cj1896

Reaction score
The flyer that Verizon put out should have read

"Get the most out of your Thunderbolt by HTC by rooting it and installing Cyanogenmod"

Fixed your post. But seriously the only way to get any support for your phone (regardless of manufacturer) is to root it and manage your own updates. The bloatware is the worst too! That is reason enough to root as it bogs the phone down and sucks battery which is already in short supply with this phone.

MS3G35

Reaction score
Even tho my wifes TB wasen't having the rebooting issues it was having gps lock issues and running slow. I had her do the update since we don't use mobile hotspot and it runs much better now. Also the gps lock works again. No issues yet and she updated about an hr after 8 on friday.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
Can you go back anyway? Liked my free hotspot. Still not comfortable in the root process yet, but it looks like I'm going to have be real soon.

Free hotspot was never intended to be free forever. If you want it free, then get comfy with rooting and get it that way.

dan427

Reaction score
I downloaded the update, and don't see much of a difference.. i have no idea what tabs you guys are talking about, and there is no NY Times bookmark in the browser. GPS still takes forever to connect.. anyone have any screen hots to help out??

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I heard this didn't fix anything so i'm not going to unroot to get it.

Anyone know how to get better data connectivity?

I drop data every 20 minutes.

713King

Reaction score

who did you hear this from?

Also I am considering using my upgrade for this phone, Unless the Droid 3 can be updated to have 4g

Reaction score
You can't update a phone to get 4g. That is a hardware change. Different radio hardware. Droid 3 will always be 3g. If 4g is make or break for you then pass on the Droid 3.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score

Flash the new radio only? That is the only thing I can think of. My 4G locks on quick even after being turned off by Juice Defender.

713King

Reaction score
Havent looked at the hardware the Droid has, but I think the Thunderbolt is a nice phone overall. I think its time to upgrade from Droid X to Thunderbolt

Mike1970

Reaction score
Found new option in settings to turn off 4G, setting/wireless networks/mobile networks/network mode. Change to CDMA only mode if not in 4G area. Rooted with new Rom & radio

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cj1896

Reaction score

Flash the new radio only? That is the only thing I can think of. My 4G locks on quick even after being turned off by Juice Defender.

You don't have to unroot to get it. There is a stock deodexed rooted rom on XDA for this. You also need to flash the radio. You can also flash the radio and any MR2 compatible ROM. There really are a lot of options, no unrooting req'd.