• [FONT=&quot]Improved data connectivity.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Enhanced Call History view.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reduced number of device power cycles and resets.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]View App Menu in tabbed layout.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]People search function enabled.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Backup Assistant has been added to the All Apps menu.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Preloaded My Verizon, V CAST Music and V CAST Videos.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Desktop cradle App is now available, showing clock in landscape m[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]NY Times site has been added into the browser bookmarks.[/FONT]
A recently leaked screenshot shows these items being included in an update that’s supposed to hit Verizon T-bolts tonight. The update build is 1.70.605.0. It’s not the Gingerbread update that will also bring Skype video calling support, but this one brings a host of fixes.

Via: Androidcentral

Last edited by a moderator:

nateccnn

Reaction score
I thought something was coming. The last time I tried to check for an update and I got a message satying the serviced is unavailable, that night the MR1 became avaialable. I've been getting the same message each time I check for an update today. Maybe they take the server off line when they are readying the update and that's why our phones tell us the service is unavailable.

Nate

YungFrshCrckr

Reaction score
What's really annoying me is that they can't even say that this maintenance update is actually fixing the rebooting problems. It's just going to REDUCE them. Kind of ridiculous that we even had to wait this long, just for them to sort of fix an issue. So no, I'm not really all that excited, albeit, it is good news that some of those issues are being fixed.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
Wow

:icon_ banana: YAY! More Bloatware from VZW and a supposed half ass fix oh wait theres more
Enhanced Call History view.
Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.
View App Menu in tabbed layout.

Without this update idk where id be honestly "sarcasm" anyhow I wonder if this half ass fix changes anything? someone should quadrant test it after and report anything interesting but yes id love some GB if there ever nice enough to take it out of the dam oven. Wonder how much the bloatware will slow it down... or if its worth the update even. Still debating rooting it but with roots come some things that dont work like they should in some builds. Sigh :icon_eek: guess time will tell.

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
:icon_ banana: YAY! More Bloatware from VZW and a supposed half ass fix oh wait theres more
Enhanced Call History view.
Improved Bluetooth Discovery Mode pop-up window.
View App Menu in tabbed layout.

Without this update idk where id be honestly "sarcasm" anyhow I wonder if this half ass fix changes anything? someone should quadrant test it after and report anything interesting but yes id love some GB if there ever nice enough to take it out of the dam oven. Wonder how much the bloatware will slow it down... or if its worth the update even. Still debating rooting it but with roots come some things that dont work like they should in some builds. Sigh :icon_eek: guess time will tell.

Root that baby! I'm due for an upgrade in a couple weeks and might get the TB. No way I'd run it stock though. I run a ROM on my Incredible called OMFGB. They have a version for the TB. It awesome. Go grab yourself some Gingerbread.

mafiafan123

Reaction score
I had a Droid the first one before the thunderbolt and after about 4 months I rooted it but then after flashing a couple of roms and kernels no matter what it was I started losing 3g connection and would have to do airplane mode etc sms on video didn't work. I'm just afraid if I root it then GB will come out and i would have a need to. The only reason why id root isn't even for battery it would just be for Netflix and of course the great look of GB

Limbwalker

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one for my wife (upgrade time) but have been scared away by the issues . . . dancedroid

thurilok

Reaction score
In other words, give up your rooted native tether compatibility for a handful of meaningless features that other apps do better anyway. I'll wait for the stand alone rooted radio update, thank you very much.

davefanmike

Reaction score
No more mobile hotspot

Figures that they would take away the mobile hotspot!!!
I am starting to wonder why I moved away from my X!

shanewprice

Reaction score
I have received the notification that the update is available but when I select "OK" it then tries to download the update only to tell me that it is "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER."

Oh well.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have received the notification that the update is available but when I select "OK" it then tries to download the update only to tell me that it is "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE SERVER."

Oh well.

yeah mine was about 90% done and it got that message, but it shows back up when you search for an update again.

Mysfit

Reaction score
Got the update. Seems a lot faster and smoother then before. Some of the apps that were force closing seem tho have stopped so a will see.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums