Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

tommyz

Reaction score
The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

Just my 2 cents.

The only people that benefit from Class Action Lawsuits are the lawyers!

noo_too_droid

Reaction score
whats the point of going to a forum if you dont read!?

and if you are accually worried about flash root you dumb****s! wtf are you waiting for?

Ridley

Reaction score
How about killing this thread" It's a waste of tiem and innacurrate, it amazes me that a mod would make a thread like this and keep it going after it was shown to be false.

MrSinister1

Reaction score
You know the droid was my first Android phone and my first true love to be honest with youdancedroid:heart:.I've never had as much fun with a cellphone rooting and playing with cust. ROMs But as of late I have not been to thrilled with motorola(not android) just moto, I will be an android lover for life, but I believe my next android phone will not be moto branded because of for one the bloatware motoblur, two they are going to try harder and harder to lock down their devices, three the problems with the droid x OTA's, and now this which won't affect me but it will other people with whom I'm always trying to sway androids way. I love my droid but if something happens to it I'm screwed because it's out of production which mine is fully covered but also rooted so I'm probably screwed either way. So probably sooner rather than later I believe I will be jumping the moto ship and either be purchasing a new fascinate or what I really can't wait to get my fingers around is this bad boy http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...e-cdma-gsm-android-slider-coming-verizon.html especially if everything turns out to be true about this thing I can't wait.

Nibbz

Reaction score
the mod or a mod, in my personal opinion to avoid more people coming in thinking there is no flash for droid, should change the post to reflect the fact that it only affects the Motorola Milestone.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Amusing how many people are getting upset at this. I downloaded flash and uninstalled it. Found no need at all for it.

everstar80

Reaction score
This information is confusing to me. Are they taking away flash from all droid phones or does this apply to just droid1? I have the droid2 with flash preinstalled. Does this mean that it will affect how or if flash will continue to run on my phone?

luv2increase

Reaction score
This information is confusing to me. Are they taking away flash from all droid phones or does this apply to just droid1? I have the droid2 with flash preinstalled. Does this mean that it will affect how or if flash will continue to run on my phone?

Did you just read the title of the thread before posting :icon_eek:

Just the Milestone and Droid 1. dancedroid

everstar80

Reaction score
Yeah I did as well as the posts nad there is alot of confusion as to if this affects milestone uusers or other droid users as well. I was just looking for some clarity about adobes intentions for droid and droid2 users.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Yeah I did as well as the posts nad there is alot of confusion as to if this affects milestone uusers or other droid users as well. I was just looking for some clarity about adobes intentions for droid and droid2 users.

Nope. There is no confusion.

From the opening post:
dobe raised the minimum hardware to a Cortex A8 800MHZ CPU

The Droid X, Droid 2 and Droid Incredible all have 1000MHZ phones. The Droid "1" has a 550MHZ stock CPU and I believe 600MHZ when Froyo is installed. Therefore, it is just the Milestone and Droid 1.

I don't see how you were confused about a definite minimum of 800Mhz.

I hope that cleared everything up for ya :)

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
they made the flash ready wen browser a selling point not sure about he milestone though, it says it on the Verizon specs page

Well, it is FLASH ready. I don't understand what the problem is here, the Droid runs Flash just fine. Go to abc.com and take a look, you can see it working over there.

Works even better in my Droid 2. ;)

Well as written b4, i believe its about the full flash support and not only "flash ready"

I totally agree with the droid 1 being more of a flash ready phone. I'm overclocked to 800MHz and tried to run several online lecture videos created for viewing through flash player on my phone. The end result was it crashing my browser every time I tried to run this file after 30 seconds or so. I can run that same file on my laptop without any problems.

Based on my experience I can't say that the droid 1 is ready for full scale, of course it may run better if I overclock to 1GHz+.

Freelancer

Reaction score
It's a shame, but probably the right call. Flash runs great on my D1 overclocked, but for stock users I can imagine that it's not an optimal experience, and perhaps even a bad one.

I think the worst part of the whole thing is that it's going to bring a lot of "I told you so"s from the Apple crowd. Ideally, they should have figured this out months ago before hyping, advertising, and releasing it.