Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by RinTinTigger, Sep 6, 2010.

1. RemyL75

RemyL75 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    What some people here are forgetting is that Motorola treats the Milestone differently than it does the Droid. Essentially they are the same phone, but the Milestone has always had to wait longer for updates, had a locked bootloader, and was overall marketed and sold as a different phone. So while Adobe may have said the Milestone 1 isn't capable of running Flash, they didn't specifically say that the Droid 1 was capable.

2. DanielC

DanielC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And this is why many stick with the iPhone, because you feel like you have a new product for 3 years. Not trying to start a flame war, but it's one thing apple has over us Droid owners dancedroid

3. RETG

RETG Active Member

Ratings:
    +110
    Wow, that's intelligent. Like nothing ever gets out dated. I have a 900 MHz processor computer from Toshiba, I can't run Windows 7. Should I scream at Toshiba or at Microsoft. After all, it must be a consipiracy.

I also have BB Tour, it cannot run the new RIM OS 6.0. But, I can't blame either Verizon or RIM. New software sometimes requires different hardware. It's a fact of life. If you don't get over it, you will be bitter about any updates that won't work for you.

More to life to worry about than flash on an Adroid phone.:icon_ banana:

4. Boostjunky

Boostjunky Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What a bunch of drama queens up in this thread! My hell almighty! Get a life!

I'll bet half you whining idiots haven't even checked the market to see if the app is there or not. I don't have a stock droid, so I can't verify that it is or isn't there. But all my friends who have stock droids have Adobe Flash 10.1.

Get with it, actually read the thread instead of making assumptions off the first post, and quit yer whining!

5. PhoenixAmazon

PhoenixAmazon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Please excuse the ignorance on my part, How does one know if they have a Milestone Droid vs a newer model. Could Verizon hold back some of these Milestones and then just slip them in the shipments of new buyers.

6. luv2increase

luv2increase Member

Ratings:
    +0

That is the right answer. End of story.

7. wmnomore

wmnomore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't we get a bump to 800mhz on the froyo release?
    I remember this verizon rom was only rooted and otherwise untouched-with it clocked at 800. am i delusional?

8. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The person who rooted the rom might have enhanced the kernal somehow. Or i think i saw something a week or so ago saying that with froyo the droid could be overclocked with set cpu as long as the rom was rooted so you didnt need a custom kernal.

9. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    The stock kernel in ESE81 could NOT be overclocked beyond 550. The stock kernel in FRG01B and FRG22D CAN. It's set at 600 by the OS, so you have to root to take advantage of that, but I can't imagine that's a coincidence. Who knows, maybe the OS takes advantage of that 800 when it has to (i.e. when running flash?) without us knowing it.

The only reason this is an issue is because the OP subjectively (apparently) included the phrase "suppose as well for the droid".

11. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +319
    Let me clarify just to make sure - the stock kernel that comes with the official OTA files for both FRG01B and FRG22D have the ability to be clocked to 800. Call me crazy, but that's not a coincidence.

12. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +211
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    People read way to much into stuff. Its an advertisement for the droid 2. Thats all. Advertising it has flash preinstalled. Thats all there is to it.

Search tags for this page

adobe flash player for motorola droid3 2.3.4 up grade

does the motorola milestone suppose flash player

droid forums commando adobe flash