Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

Big Ry

Reaction score
ever since i got the leaked froyo and the first release of the adobe apk, ive had no problems. now on stock nonrooted 22d or whatever the last update was, i STILL have zero flash problems. what the problem is?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The real problem here is that the OP has returned to his sensationalist / Enquirer magazine, style of thread posting and titling ways :)

barcodelinux

Reaction score
OMG!!!

You folks should REALLY read what the German article said (google can translate this for you). It referred to the Adobe Spec page for Flash 10.1. All that Adobe said was that the processor requirements are now 800MHz. Now, we know that the Milestone, as of yet, has not received an update to up the clock speed to meet the minimum requirements, but the Droid has (as of FRG22D).

By the OP's logic, the Milestone and the Droid are the same thing. The Milestone is a GSM phone. Does that mean that the Droid supported GSM networks? No it doesn't. Just because something isn't supported on the Milestone, does NOT mean that it isn't supported on the Droid.

Its the same reason why you can't stick a Droid ROM onto a Milestone. They are NOT the same device.

jay80z

Reaction score
Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid. Since they did not deliver as advertised, we should be able to return the Droid for a refund and end our contract with Verizon.

The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

This is very disappointing that Verizon can advertise one thing, and pull the rug on it, and have no repercussions. They might as well have offered us a free Mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

lol, where did you see this advertisement?

beneharris

Reaction score
Good job, Adobe. Make more people hate you.

What is gonna be bad if you can't update then when Flash sites require 10.3 and Droid 1's only have 10.1 this is when the issues will start.

So I guess FRG22D was a waste for VZW and Droid 1 users. Since it broke root.
The hell are you talking about?
the update that let you see flash in the marketplace got rid of root. i had my phone rooted to use rootexplorer, and things like that, and after installing it, i lost my SU permissions. and universal androot that i used to root in the first place can't re-root.

i think thats what he was getting at

vm2001

Reaction score
ok so was reading some of the posts and wanted to clarify something.
I personally have not had a non rooted droid for over a year so im asking this question for my non rooted droid friends at work. If they are running froyo (official version) cant they just go to the market and download flash? even if they take it out of the market cant they just Google it and download and install it?
If im correct then the only bad news this is - there is no bad news! just that adobe made an announcement that it should run on 800MHz or more, am i correct?

sslbaron

Reaction score
FYI, i just went to the market to download Angry Birds, which everyone should check out BTW, and Flash 10.1 is still available to download. I wouldn't worry too much about this issue. Even if Flash were to take it off the market, I'm sure there are enough of us D1 users which have a copy of the .apk file that would be willing to share. We will not go down without a fight! :icon_ nana:

keklar

Reaction score
Um, what are you talking about?? Flash runs on the Droid perfectly fine... they released it officially now. :p Might want to check your sources first...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just installed the 22D update this morning which I thought was supposed to allow me to download Flash from the Market.

Perfect. :mad:

Have you tried to find it in the Market? If you haven't you can try clearing the cache in the Market app. It also can take an hour for it to appear.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
this is exactly the type of crap I thought would happen when they started coming out with new droids, the original would stop being supported, neglected. I was told by a verizon rep that was true. bull****, im so pissed off at how verizon and motorola are handling the original droid and its owners.

I have the same complaint about my '57 Chevy, my '03 Honda Valkyrie, and my '04 Mazda.

Are you just figuring out the term "planned obsolescence?"

RemyL75

Reaction score
What some people here are forgetting is that Motorola treats the Milestone differently than it does the Droid. Essentially they are the same phone, but the Milestone has always had to wait longer for updates, had a locked bootloader, and was overall marketed and sold as a different phone. So while Adobe may have said the Milestone 1 isn't capable of running Flash, they didn't specifically say that the Droid 1 was capable.

DanielC

Reaction score
this is exactly the type of crap I thought would happen when they started coming out with new droids, the original would stop being supported, neglected. I was told by a verizon rep that was true. bull****, im so pissed off at how verizon and motorola are handling the original droid and its owners.

I have the same complaint about my '57 Chevy, my '03 Honda Valkyrie, and my '04 Mazda.

Are you just figuring out the term "planned obsolescence?"

And this is why many stick with the iPhone, because you feel like you have a new product for 3 years. Not trying to start a flame war, but it's one thing apple has over us Droid owners dancedroid

R

RETG

Wow, that's intelligent. Like nothing ever gets out dated. I have a 900 MHz processor computer from Toshiba, I can't run Windows 7. Should I scream at Toshiba or at Microsoft. After all, it must be a consipiracy.

I also have BB Tour, it cannot run the new RIM OS 6.0. But, I can't blame either Verizon or RIM. New software sometimes requires different hardware. It's a fact of life. If you don't get over it, you will be bitter about any updates that won't work for you.

More to life to worry about than flash on an Adroid phone.:icon_ banana: