Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

Jester6x

Reaction score
Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid. Since they did not deliver as advertised, we should be able to return the Droid for a refund and end our contract with Verizon.

The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

This is very disappointing that Verizon can advertise one thing, and pull the rug on it, and have no repercussions. They might as well have offered us a free Mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

This stuff really bothers me in society. Everyone is so sue happy its unreal. Stop looking for your free handout.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You got some proof that shows it was offered as part of your purchase of a motorola Droid.
Agreed, I don't remember getting anything in writing that flash would be available to me when I purchased my Droid, although it might have been said in a press release at some point, that really has no direct bearing as me the consumer until it is a done deal...and not all deals get done :icon_eek:

they made the flash ready wen browser a selling point not sure about he milestone though, it says it on the Verizon specs page

Well, it is FLASH ready. I don't understand what the problem is here, the Droid runs Flash just fine. Go to abc.com and take a look, you can see it working over there.

Works even better in my Droid 2. ;)

zadam123

Reaction score
Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid. Since they did not deliver as advertised, we should be able to return the Droid for a refund and end our contract with Verizon.

The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

This is very disappointing that Verizon can advertise one thing, and pull the rug on it, and have no repercussions. They might as well have offered us a free Mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

I so totally agree with this. This is the main reason i bought my droid back in dec (which was my first smartphone). I was told by the beginning of jan it would be available, but verizon talks so much sh#@ i should have known it was a lie. That being said i now have the droid 2 from a replacement and flash really dont work to well on some websites like abc.com if you try to watch programs on there it is totally choppy and freezes, you also cant pause or fastfoward anything. VERY DISAPOINTING! :mad:

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Agreed, I don't remember getting anything in writing that flash would be available to me when I purchased my Droid, although it might have been said in a press release at some point, that really has no direct bearing as me the consumer until it is a done deal...and not all deals get done :icon_eek:

they made the flash ready wen browser a selling point not sure about he milestone though, it says it on the Verizon specs page

Well, it is FLASH ready. I don't understand what the problem is here, the Droid runs Flash just fine. Go to abc.com and take a look, you can see it working over there.

Works even better in my Droid 2. ;)

Well as written b4, i believe its about the full flash support and not only "flash ready"

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
This thread needs to be deleted. All it's doing is confusing the people that have the Motorola Droid and making them want blood. Let's clear up some confusion here because no one seems to be reading:

1. Motorola Droid's FRG01B update to Froyo included an overclock on the processor to 800mhz which meets the requirements for Flash 10.1 (which is NOT beta anymore for that person saying it was)

2. Motorola Droid's FRG22D update allows for Flash 10.1 to be downloaded from Market. My wife's Droid is stock and it works just fine.

3. What this article is saying is that the Milestone will not be seeing Flash 10.1

tl;dr
They are not canceling Flash 10.1 on the Droid and they're not stopping support for those that downloaded it through the Android Market. So the person crying for a class action lawsuit, you can give up right now because there's not even a slight reason to clamor for that.

Stock Droids are not overclocked to 800mhz. The 2.2 Kernel just has the ability to be overclocked to 800mhz. You still need to root and overclock to get it to go that high.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Please read before jumping to conclusions. Adobe changed the minimum to 800MHZ - period. Probably wise to make it work well. Droid 1 during update was pushed to 800MHZ so will run it. I have no idea if the milestone had an update and if it got pushed to 800MHZ. If not Flash will not run well and is not guaranteed to work. The update to 800MHZ may be why some Droids could not handle the 2.2 upgrade and those should have been replaced. I don't live in the Milestone places so I don't know how that is working. Droid 1 people relax!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either way if they pull it we are going to pull the APK off and make sure everyone getrs it. It works well on froyo on the Droid X and Droid2 also. Adobe may have found 800 mhz works "better" but it works

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
my Motorola Droid handles Adobe Flash Player very good!

Yea. I guess its just moto, willing to push new devices!
Its just PITA, for those, not rooting and installing stuff
on their own risk, know what i mean?

Speaking for the A855 DROID, Flash Player IS available. It is showing up in the market for those folks running FRG22D, as a matter of fact that is one of the main "fixes" in FRG22D.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

IanG

Reaction score
I'm running FRG22D, how do I know for sure my CPU is clocked at 800mhz?

Download and run OS Monitor and go to the Misc tab. Here are the scores I got before rooting and overclocking. Looks like my stock was running 250-600, but capable of 125-800 which is what I am at now that I overclocked. Will be interested to see what other stock FRG22D people are at.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...yo-rollout-thread-version2-11.html#post721854

Everyone is clocked to 600MHz. The "Frequency Range" is just the specifications of what the processor can theoretically do while stock, but Motorola has limited how high the processor can go (so peoples devices don't blow up, and 100% of all processors will work flawlessly). Yes, it says it can go to 800MHz, but the stock build/kernel will only allow us to go to 600. You're not overclocked on FRG01B/FRG22D. You're still at the same speeds.

Nibbz

Reaction score
this is exactly the type of crap I thought would happen when they started coming out with new droids, the original would stop being supported, neglected. I was told by a verizon rep that was true. bull****, im so pissed off at how verizon and motorola are handling the original droid and its owners.