Flash will be ready for DROID 1 on August 18th

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
flash-8-18-600x459.jpg

We reported earlier today that Adobe Flash 10.1 was not available for DROID 1 owners who had upgraded to Android 2.2. Verizon acknowledged the issue, and at the time, was unsure when/how it would be resolved. Good news! Droid-Life just got word that Adobe Flash 10.1 will be available for the DROID 1 on August 18th, on the Android Market free of charge. We are still unsure whether or not Adobe plans to improve the current version of Adobe Flash floating around the web (specifically, beta 3 for the Nexus One). It would certainly be a nice surprise to see an optimized version for the DROID 1 and its TI OMAP processor.

Until then, feel free to install the latest beta of Adobe Flash, found here.

Source: Droid-Life

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which OTA you are referring to jkhonea. After some searching around, it seems like it's the Droid X OTA that has been pushed back. FRG22 is likely a very small change and probably won't take long to test.

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I hope FRG22 doesn't get delay to match the Adobe Flash release. And please fix how choppy and gitchy it is on the Droid. I download the .apk and uninstalled it immediately because I couldn't enjoy the video.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I'm not sure which OTA you are referring to jkhonea. After some searching around, it seems like it's the Droid X OTA that has been pushed back. FRG22 is likely a very small change and probably won't take long to test.

Ahhh, that's it, you're correct. It's the Droid X update pushed back to September due to being buggy according to Engadget.

And now I'm discovering the biggest pain about everything going under the Droid main moniker. Trying to keep up with which they're referring to. :D

Droid X update to Android 2.2 coming 'by early September' -- Engadget

Bimmerjo

Reaction score
I sure hope they do "optimize" it. Because if it is anything like their other apps on the market, I don't want anything to do with it.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It BADLY needs optimization but, unfortunately, it seems a lot of flash itself needs to be optimized. I keep getting notifications that video on websites I'm trying to watch is "not optimized for mobile platforms" and has a list of issues I might face as a result.

Yet I keep reading posts of people watching video "smoothly". I think they're on Facebook or something for that, but I can't be sure.

Still any Droid-specific progress is a Good Thing and I'm actually hopeful for hardware-specific improvements. dancedroid

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, that's it, you're correct. It's the Droid X update pushed back to September due to being buggy according to Engadget.

And now I'm discovering the biggest pain about everything going under the Droid main moniker. Trying to keep up with which they're referring to. :D

Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes, the brain just filters out the "X" after the word Droid.

I'm finally learning to look closely for an "X" or a "2" after the word Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Flash player does need some optimization... but I think a lot of web content also needs to be optimized....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Yeah, I hear ya. Sometimes, the brain just filters out the "X" after the word Droid.

I'm finally learning to look closely for an "X" or a "2" after the word Droid.
Thank God, I was hoping it wasn't just me.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm running Sapphire 1.0 and I was able to see/install it from the market. And the verson is 10.1 Beta 3.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
yet to see flash have any viable use except bragging rights for android...hopefully that'll change

rustyb

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I was wondering when it was coming to market.....

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I'll finally be able access Zombo.com on my Droid. I will be able to do anything.

OSX2000

Reaction score
I don't get it...what's this August 18th nonsense? With all builds of Froyo I've tried on my Droid, Flash was waiting for me in the market right away.