Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Sad news for those of you who are not doing tweaks on their system and just use it as it is, cuz Adobe just announced - there will not be flash for the milestone (suppose as well for the droid). Adobe raised the minimum hardware to a Cortex A8 800MHZ CPU and so Droid and Milestone are done with it!

motorolamilestone2419x560.jpg

Motorola was asked to the announcement and just replied, that "there are devices after the droid, capable of flash" - so just buy them. This is a little crappy, because all of you guys surely remember the youtube-movie by adobe, where chief of project Adrian Ludwig showed Flash 10.1 on THE DROID.

[video=youtube;p8wuJ129d0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8wuJ129d0w&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Flash Player 10.1 on Motorola Droid[/video]​

So what is the deal? Is moto having an ally with adobe to push new devices? or was it just to hard for adobe to implement flash on the droid? Whats your oppinion on it?

via

Last edited:

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I think Adobe just want to make sure that the devices they are choosing to support have the hardware to not just run Flash, but to run it well. Why give Jobs an excuse to slam them for poor performance on Android? That being said my Droid runs it just fine, but it is overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I don't have any experience running it on the Droid's stock kernel.

I don't like their choice here, but I can see why they made it.

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I don't understand. I have not tweaked my Droid and I was able to download and run Flash after the last update. Article makes it sound like I wasn't supposed to get it...

OP
RinTinTigger

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I think Adobe just want to make sure that the devices they are choosing to support have the hardware to not just run Flash, but to run it well. Why give Jobs an excuse to slam them for poor performance on Android? That being said my Droid runs it just fine, but it is overclocked to 1.2 Ghz. I don't have any experience running it on the Droid's stock kernel.

but i also see that it was PROMISED to customers. a lot of guys bought a droid/milestone just cause it can haz flash.....but it cant...nowadays. I dont believe they took this step just to give Steve no reason for a slammer!

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score

but i also see that it was PROMISED to customers. a lot of guys bought a droid/milestone just cause it can haz flash.....but it cant...nowadays. I dont believe they took this step just to give Steve no reason for a slammer!

Listen I'm with you on your point here, but the decision is not one that is up to Moto, Verizon, or you and me. Adobe is making this call. They were just on the Android Guys or one Android Central podcast, I can't recall which one it was, but they were addressing this very issue. I delete them after I listen so I wish I could tell you which it was, but I believe it was the last episode of one or the other.

rpk717

Reaction score
I don't get it, I'm not rooted just running stock with Flash installed. Last night I watched an old episode of Big Brother, 46 minutes, not a skip or interruption. I go to websites that used to not work for me and see the Flash content. I get emails with images that used to not open, that open fine now.

What about it doesn't work?

Lucas5

Reaction score
i certainly welcome the ability to run flash on my droid, but at stock speeds viewing a website with two or more flash advertisements is slow.
anyway, does this announcement mean that flash will be unavailable for updated (frg22/froyo 2.2) droid 1 users?

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
my Motorola Droid handles Adobe Flash Player very good!

Same here, unrooted Droid 1 running FRG22D; got Flash from the Market after the last update and it works fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I wouldn't really worry about it. I can't imagine them removing your ability to run it on your Droid. From what I remember those stats were just the suggested minimums.

Reaction score
This has no bearing on the Motorola Droid. With the FRG01B update the Droid was overclocked to 800mhz stock. It appears that Motorola won't be doing the same to the Milestone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tigger, Flash is working fine, has been for weeks. Don't know where you got that info from but 10.1 is working good.