Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

akula1

Reaction score
Return the Droid??

Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid. Since they did not deliver as advertised, we should be able to return the Droid for a refund and end our contract with Verizon.

The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

This is very disappointing that Verizon can advertise one thing, and pull the rug on it, and have no repercussions. They might as well have offered us a free Mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

Sal

Reaction score
Tigger, Flash is working fine, has been for weeks. Don't know where you got that info from but 10.1 is working good.

Makes no sense. 22d was specifically sent to allow flash download on D1.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tigger, Flash is working fine, has been for weeks. Don't know where you got that info from but 10.1 is working good.
I think it is more directed at the Milestone users, as the Droid was O/Ced to 800Mhz stock with the latest update...I believe the Milestone is still at 550Mhz

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid. Since they did not deliver as advertised, we should be able to return the Droid for a refund and end our contract with Verizon.

The other option is to form a Class Action Lawsuit for false advertising.

This is very disappointing that Verizon can advertise one thing, and pull the rug on it, and have no repercussions. They might as well have offered us a free Mercedes.

Just my 2 cents.

You got some proof that shows it was offered as part of your purchase of a motorola Droid. Anyway this report Tigger is giving has to do with the Milestone not the Droid. They are close cousins but not the same phone.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You got some proof that shows it was offered as part of your purchase of a motorola Droid.
Agreed, I don't remember getting anything in writing that flash would be available to me when I purchased my Droid, although it might have been said in a press release at some point, that really has no direct bearing as me the consumer until it is a done deal...and not all deals get done :icon_eek:

Darksthour

Reaction score
Well it sucks but isn't the flash in the android market just the beta anyways? I'm pretty sure if they do pull the plug someone will find a way around it or adobe will hear everyones complaints and change their mind...I hope. I got my droid back in may and don't have the money to upgrade so hopefully this isn't true. I love making fun of everyone with an iphone and all the things they can't do on it.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Promises promises .... that's all they are.

The realization that the STOCK Droid just cannot run flash well has caught up to both Adobe and Moto.

Period.

That's all there is to it. I was hoping that 10.1 would be tailored to use HW accelleration, and moto would tailor that to the Droid's GPU, but it appears that did not occur.

They were up against a fence, no jump of the imagination here.

Reaction score
It seems as though they are only talking about the Milestone. However, if they are including the D1 then it seems like the are trying to get people to move out of it and on to another device. This reminds me of the fact that they don't allow wireless tethering on stock D1 because they say it can't handle it but it can. What's next?

akula1

Reaction score
Yes I can

I am a former CSR for Verizon. All of their advertising for the Droid stated that Flash was coming in 1Q 2010, then 2Q 2010. It was on the posters, and even on their TV commercials small print.

Since I purchased the Droid back in December 09 Verizon has promised Flash capabilities on the Droid.

Just my 2 cents.

You got some proof that shows it was offered as part of your purchase of a motorola Droid. Anyway this report Tigger is giving has to do with the Milestone not the Droid. They are close cousins but not the same phone.

crspang

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they're (Adobe) addressing the milestone. I think the lack of support for our milestone using cousins from motorola is a travesty. It's pi$$ poor customer service on moto's part IMO.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Horse*rap, the droids capable of running adobe flash for a mobile device just fine, damn verizon, they're just ruining the froyo experience for droid customers who don't root, talk about ruling the customers, not the air, why make such a big deal about flash and then just yank it from all the million of original droid users that helped kick off this whole droid fiasco

Gary37716

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Just installed the 22D update this morning which I thought was supposed to allow me to download Flash from the Market.

Perfect. :mad:

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
You got some proof that shows it was offered as part of your purchase of a motorola Droid.
Agreed, I don't remember getting anything in writing that flash would be available to me when I purchased my Droid, although it might have been said in a press release at some point, that really has no direct bearing as me the consumer until it is a done deal...and not all deals get done :icon_eek:

they made the flash ready wen browser a selling point not sure about he milestone though, it says it on the Verizon specs page

Reaction score
This thread needs to be deleted. All it's doing is confusing the people that have the Motorola Droid and making them want blood. Let's clear up some confusion here because no one seems to be reading:

1. Motorola Droid's FRG01B update to Froyo included an overclock on the processor to 800mhz which meets the requirements for Flash 10.1 (which is NOT beta anymore for that person saying it was)

2. Motorola Droid's FRG22D update allows for Flash 10.1 to be downloaded from Market. My wife's Droid is stock and it works just fine.

3. What this article is saying is that the Milestone will not be seeing Flash 10.1

tl;dr
They are not canceling Flash 10.1 on the Droid and they're not stopping support for those that downloaded it through the Android Market. So the person crying for a class action lawsuit, you can give up right now because there's not even a slight reason to clamor for that.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This thread needs to be deleted. All it's doing is confusing the people that have the Motorola Droid and making them want blood. .

Nothing wrong with the Thread...People need to actually read what is written and not what they want it to say...