Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Shadez, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks

• [​IMG]

Now that the Motorola Droid 2 has been officially announced, Adobe wants to make sure that everyone knows it will be the first phone to come with the completely redesigned Flash Player 10.1 out of the box.

Flash 10.1 is currently in beta (version 3) on the Android Market, but the final version is expected to be released next week at the Adobe Android summit on August 16th. We have no confirmation on which version of Flash will ship on the Droid 2, but I’m going to assume the final version is ready and Motorola already has it.

Other devices with Android 2.2 should see Flash 10.1 in the following weeks. Adobe says that the HTC Incredible, the Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Milestone, Droid X and others will support Flash Player 10.1 soon and they will keep us posted on updates.

Recent leaks suggest the original Droid will see Flash 10.1 in the Android Market on August 18th so keep an eye on that date for other devices as well.

Adobe demos Flash 10.1 on Droid 2, will launch on other phones in the following weeks – Android and Me
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. blufftontiger

blufftontiger New Member

Diana reminds me of my mother in '80s. (No offence to Diana, of course)
  3. IanG

IanG New Member

Yeah, I know it's a mobile phone, but even on the Droid 2, flash looked quite laggy.
  4. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

I thought it was Barbara Bush when it first started playing..
  5. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

that sure seems to run smoother than the current version we're putting on our Droid's
  6. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

And they are still beta versions. You can't judge it until the final is release.

Also, its mildly annoying the order in which phones get 2.2 and apparently now flash. IMO, the Droid1 shouldn't have gotten 2.2 before the Incredible or DroidX. Frankly, the DroidX shouldn't have been released without 2.2. With the hardware of the Droid2 so similar to the DroidX, the DroidX should have 2.2 very soon. Its almost as if Motorola/Verizon is using stuff like that to boost sales.
  7. Sal

Sal New Member

No direct mention of Droid 1. Hmmmm....
  8. dverplank

dverplank New Member

Should i take back the x for the d2.....I love the x but wtf? I want whatever the developers are going to support. The x is sooooo laggy without 2.2

Thoughts anyone?
  9. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

My X is smooth as silk with 2.1
  10. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I'm hoping that's what they meant by "Milestone"

The reason I say this is that they couldn't be talking about the GSM Milestone, as the update matrix for that phone doesn't even show plans for 2.2 - and 2.2 is necessary to run Flash.
  11. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

That gives a good look at the Skin of the D2, it looks like it has a Metallic casing

I also like how she said "this is the first time out of the box a mobile device has ran Adobe Flash" knowing the Android Community has been running Adobe Flash for a few Months already
  12. jimmyg

jimmyg New Member

Was told i was getting Flash over a year ago.. not holding my breath. :icon_evil:
  13. oshizo

oshizo New Member

well it's out there tbh. you just have to put it on your phone. if you have the x and don't need a keyboard then keep it. I personally won't be upgradding to the d2 simply because there's nothing wrong with my d1 the upgradded version is deffinately not worth full price for me since i got the phone at launch last nov. I will be waiting on the next keyboarded phone, if non comes out then i will just get the d2 when i can upgrade. Flash is out there, i'm a bit dissappointed that they aren't specifically working on a d1 flash but the milestone version should be sufficient.
  14. Droidarola

Droidarola New Member

15. pittdude

pittdude New Member

Do you know which beta version that it is?
  16. Droidarola

Droidarola New Member

An old version I found out lol I thought it was full that my co-worker said but it's beta 1 I think from what others said so far
  17. robboxedit

robboxedit New Member

Sorry if I missed this answer someplace else but I've downloaded the apk file and tossed it on root. how do I install it from there? i have astro so I can see the file there but not sure how to actually "install" it.

Thanks
  18. Sweettooth

Sweettooth New Member

If you're in the Astro app and you've placed the .apk somewhere in /sdcard, all you have to do is press it, choose "Open App Manager" then press Install. I just got the beta 3 and I realize we probably should have had Flash back when the D1 first came out or before considering they demo'd Flash like a year ago or more, however I have to say it's still awesome. Obviously it's laggy as hell but it's an awesome step in the right direction; no more need for apps just to view videos or mobile versions of sites, you can just watch or manipulate everything in the browser. Between Flash and the fact that .gif's and file upload now work, these phones just got 5 times more awesome. :)