Adobe Kills Flash for the Milestone/Droid!

Boostjunky

Reaction score
What a bunch of drama queens up in this thread! My hell almighty! Get a life!

I'll bet half you whining idiots haven't even checked the market to see if the app is there or not. I don't have a stock droid, so I can't verify that it is or isn't there. But all my friends who have stock droids have Adobe Flash 10.1.

Get with it, actually read the thread instead of making assumptions off the first post, and quit yer whining!

PhoenixAmazon

Reaction score
Please excuse the ignorance on my part, How does one know if they have a Milestone Droid vs a newer model. Could Verizon hold back some of these Milestones and then just slip them in the shipments of new buyers.

wmnomore

Reaction score
Didn't we get a bump to 800mhz on the froyo release?
I remember this verizon rom was only rooted and otherwise untouched-with it clocked at 800. am i delusional?

Kmart95

Reaction score
I remember this verizon rom was only rooted and otherwise untouched-with it clocked at 800. am i delusional?

The person who rooted the rom might have enhanced the kernal somehow. Or i think i saw something a week or so ago saying that with froyo the droid could be overclocked with set cpu as long as the rom was rooted so you didnt need a custom kernal.

Kmart95

Reaction score

The person who rooted the rom might have enhanced the kernal somehow. Or i think i saw something a week or so ago saying that with froyo the droid could be overclocked with set cpu as long as the rom was rooted so you didnt need a custom kernel. All froyo did performance wise was enable JIT im pretty sure.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock kernel in ESE81 could NOT be overclocked beyond 550. The stock kernel in FRG01B and FRG22D CAN. It's set at 600 by the OS, so you have to root to take advantage of that, but I can't imagine that's a coincidence. Who knows, maybe the OS takes advantage of that 800 when it has to (i.e. when running flash?) without us knowing it.

The only reason this is an issue is because the OP subjectively (apparently) included the phrase "suppose as well for the droid".

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stock kernel in ESE81 could NOT be overclocked beyond 550. The stock kernel in FRG01B and FRG22D CAN. It's set at 600 by the OS, so you have to root to take advantage of that, but I can't imagine that's a coincidence. Who knows, maybe the OS takes advantage of that 800 when it has to (i.e. when running flash?) without us knowing it.

The only reason this is an issue is because the OP subjectively (apparently) included the phrase "suppose as well for the droid".

Let me clarify just to make sure - the stock kernel that comes with the official OTA files for both FRG01B and FRG22D have the ability to be clocked to 800. Call me crazy, but that's not a coincidence.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
People read way to much into stuff. Its an advertisement for the droid 2. Thats all. Advertising it has flash preinstalled. Thats all there is to it.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There is Flash for droid if you have FRG22D. The latest software for droid allows the cpu to run @ 800Mhz when need be. This was done purposely for flash. Maybe the milestone is not getting 2.2 so that is why there will be no flash. This was all covered when flash was announced for the moto droid.

The only thing adobe killed was my battery life...

I have noticed that with a clean install of frg22d that my battery life is ok. Once I install flash it drains a lot quicker. Even if I disable plugins in the browser. It still downloads the flash files but just does not play them. Even if I uninstall flash the battery life is horrible. A reset does not work and the only way I found to keep decent battery life for me is to wipe everything and install fresh OS. Sounds weird but that's what I have noticed the past couple of weeks since frg22d went live.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
It's hard to say if Adobe and/or Moto have an agenda here but it does seem odd considering that my Droid runs flash just fine. What bugs me is that Google stated that Froyo would include support for adobe flash, so if the Droid can support Froyo is stands to reason it should be able to support flash too. It's starting to feel like a conflict of ideals between companies; Google wants to give their customers what they want, Motorola is okay with that as long as it makes them a profit, and Adobe is just ridding on the coattails but doesn't seem to want to put in any real effort. If the Droid 2 looked better I'd be interested but I'm not sure I like the new keyboard layout and in all of the photos I've seen the Droid 2 has a blue/silver case which is just lame.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Please excuse the ignorance on my part, How does one know if they have a Milestone Droid vs a newer model. Could Verizon hold back some of these Milestones and then just slip them in the shipments of new buyers.
If you live in the US, you have a Droid, not a milestone. They are "cousins", but not the same phone. Now to get back to the soap opera at hand, please pass the popcorn!

Spyte

Reaction score
Here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
my Motorola Droid handles Adobe Flash Player very good!

Maybe it's like the joke about how a bee can fly.

You and I know that Flash shouldn't work on a Droid, but the Droid doesn't know it. So the Droid runs Flash.