About that new MIUI update

papp_e

Reaction score
I suppose about the time us kiddies in the USA were going to bed, china was rolling out the new 2.x.x MIUI update.....which gives framework about 9 hours now to have spluged his creamy magic on it. Now I'm eager and probably gonna splooge in my pants once this update solves all of my life problems, so serve it up!

Just kidding, take as long as you need buddy, we dont want another april fools day update-kind-of-thing ;).

But really...I brought my charger to work. So hurry up...or I'll feel stupid

:heart:

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Seconding the previous post, I too brought my charger to work. I would rather wait a few extra hours though for framework to get it right then to have to turn right around and patch the install like last time

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
P

papp_e

Reaction score
Seconding the previous post, I too brought my charger to work. I would rather wait a few extra hours though for framework to get it right then to have to turn right around and patch the install like last time

haha, good to know im not the only crazy one.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Dammit that date in rom manager said there was a new file today but nothing showed up.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want it now! J/k

When this new one comes out, do I have to wipe data or can I flash it over the current one like with CM7?

MIUI

OP
P

papp_e

Reaction score
well its going to go from 1.7.22.1 to 2.something.something i forget the other numbers. Its probably a full rom, so i just backed up apps and settings with MIUI backup to prepare for a complete wipe

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it only takes me about 20 minutes now with titanium backup to get everything the way I like it. Still, it does get old...

MIUI

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I would delete the old TiBu back-up, make a new one. Go into Recovery, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, wipe battery stats (not sure if any adjustments have been made in that area but I do it anyways), flash the new version and then reboot.

fishhelmet

Reaction score
soon young grasshopper

But, but I want it now!!! I already spent most of the day looking like and idiot for obsessively checking my phone at the office every five minutes and then scowling with disapointment as the update failed to materialize.

Framework43

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
soon young grasshopper

But, but I want it now!!! I already spent most of the day looking like and idiot for obsessively checking my phone at the office every five minutes and then scowling with disapointment as the update failed to materialize.

China released EXTREMELY late, it was already saturday in China when it was released.
D2 build is on Rom Manager

OP
P

papp_e

Reaction score
Everyone get it and try it! Framework does it again, secret sauce all around!

fishhelmet

Reaction score
soon young grasshopper

China released EXTREMELY late, it was already saturday in China when it was released.
D2 build is on Rom Manager

Yeah way to go framework!! I'm not sure if its been said enough but I really appreciate all the work you do, especially without a d2 of your own.