[New!]D1-MIUI-1.1.28.0

bamick823

Reaction score
I have to say that this is an excellent running rom. I have had no issues that everyone else has had. I took my phone off the charger at 4:45 this morning and with some light to moderate use I still have 50% batterry at 3 this afternoon. Here's how I installled. With clockwork recovery, back up existing rom. Wipe data/cache 3 times. Wipe cache partition 3 times. Go into advanced, wipe boot, wipe system. Install zip from SD card, in this case miui 1.28. Then installed slayer lfy ulv 1.2 kernel. Skipped google login. Restored apps and data with tibu. Then installed google account. Very important not to restore any system app or data from a previous rom. So far so good. Sometimes just a little laggy but all roms I've tried get laggy at some point.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with any versions running swype and im on the beta. Install it with every new rom with wipe included.
I did a restore from TiBu of Swype , and says , version wrong , re license loop , previous build of MIUI (1.1.22) Swype worked fine , I might try DLing from Swype server but will wait for next build of MIUI to try .

Reaction score
1.28 is running beautifully for me; better than 1.22. The only problem I’ve encountered is that when I turned on Wi-Fi my phone went into a boot loop, so I restored my most recent updated nand of 1.28. Wi-Fi not working doesn’t bother me because I don’t currently use it.

I do new nandroid back up after every significant change or update, even within the duration of a given build on my phone, so if I run into any problems while messing around I can go directly back to what most recently worked.

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
1.28 is running beautifully for me; better than 1.22. The only problem I’ve encountered is that when I turned on Wi-Fi my phone went into a boot loop, so I restored my most recent updated nand of 1.28. Wi-Fi not working doesn’t bother me because I don’t currently use it.

I do new nandroid back up after every significant change or update, even within the duration of a given build on my phone, so if I run into any problems while messing around I can go directly back to what most recently worked.

did you flash another kernel other than the stock one provided with the rom?

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
I cant even remotely think of using a different rom..mine actually is working top notch and I am very happy, yeah maybe a glitch here and there but what rom doesnt and i think i have tried almost all for droid............please keep up the excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stragabenz

Reaction score
quick question any way to make MIUI camera app default, such as pressing the physical camera button on phone will load up the MIUI camera app instead of old droid app?

Reaction score

Yes. Actually I flashed your custom kernel over stock, but I hadn’t enabled compcache. I was going through reviewing the settings and I thought I’d turn on Wi-Fi at my woman’s place to check out what Wi-Fi signals were around. That’s when the boot loop occurred, so restored the back up.

Today I tried enabling compcache with your kernel and was successful. I installed the Terminal from the o.p. that tp4bama themed and with guidance from the Custom Kernel thread I used it, though I haven’t tried turning on the Wi-Fi since compcache has been enabled it. Maybe now that compcache is enabled the Wi-Fi might work? I don’t use the Wi-Fi so it’s not essential, but it would be cool to have the choice and to have as much of the rom in good working order as possible.

Is there another script I should run in order to enable Wi-Fi? I’m a super noob at using the Terminal but if it’s not too complicated I should be able to do it. Please let me know if there’s another script I might try running for Wi-Fi. In the meantime I’ll do a nand of my present set up, then I’ll try turning it on again.

artshark

Reaction score
hey guys considering this as my rom. if i don't mess with kernel, will i be subject to the wifi issues? I have a stock droid, nothing fancy at the moment. also, is it as simple as the few steps on the first post? no concerns regarding kernel?
thanks

loveubuntu

Reaction score
if an app is moved to SD card, the widget will no longer work. Tried it on Twidroyd.

Reaction score
This update has been givng me issues. Most noteworthy is the battery issue. Tonight I took my phone off of the charger at 100% and when I checked it an hour later after only taking a 5 min call and using my phone minimal and it was down to 60%. Looking forward to the update that hopefully works better. Like as been said many times before, I don't get the weekly updates that have things broken that where fixed the week before. I alway thought you built on what you have, improving as you go, not constantly breaking and fixing the same things. I love Miui but the inconsistancy can be frustrating.

OP
jamezelle

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yes. Actually I flashed your custom kernel over stock, but I hadn’t enabled compcache. I was going through reviewing the settings and I thought I’d turn on Wi-Fi at my woman’s place to check out what Wi-Fi signals were around. That’s when the boot loop occurred, so restored the back up.

Today I tried enabling compcache with your kernel and was successful. I installed the Terminal from the o.p. that tp4bama themed and with guidance from the Custom Kernel thread I used it, though I haven’t tried turning on the Wi-Fi since compcache has been enabled it. Maybe now that compcache is enabled the Wi-Fi might work? I don’t use the Wi-Fi so it’s not essential, but it would be cool to have the choice and to have as much of the rom in good working order as possible.

Is there another script I should run in order to enable Wi-Fi? I’m a super noob at using the Terminal but if it’s not too complicated I should be able to do it. Please let me know if there’s another script I might try running for Wi-Fi. In the meantime I’ll do a nand of my present set up, then I’ll try turning it on again.

i was afraid of that i should edit that post to tell people not to flash that kernel, its unstable at the moment, Im still recovering after a hdd crash and dont have my kernel source synced yet so i havent been able to update the kernel yet, so flash another kernel for now. i recommend p3 kernels if you want compcache

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The xm issue has been fixed. It has to do with the hosts file used in system/etc.
To fix it download this zip click, Unzip it and extract the hosts file. Then in adb preform this series of code
adb remount
adb push hosts /system/etc
Should work without a reboot.
Thanks to Jamezelle for coming up with this idea for the fix :)

Reaction score

i was afraid of that i should edit that post to tell people not to flash that kernel, its unstable at the moment, Im still recovering after a hdd crash and dont have my kernel source synced yet so i havent been able to update the kernel yet, so flash another kernel for now. i recommend p3 kernels if you want compcache

Okay, thanks for the heads up Jamezelle. Editing that post is probably a good idea. There are plenty of folks over there in the Custom Kernel thread trying your kernel.

I’ll go back to P3 kernels. That’s what I flashed over stock before using your custom kernel. My phone worked well with them. However I’m not sure whether or not I use the same terminal command to enable compcache with P3 kernels. Your custom kernel is the first time I used the terminal to enable compcache, so I have no idea if I use the same or a different command line, or if compcache is just enabled on boot with P3 kernels. I see no instructions mentioning compcache, much less how it’s enabled on P3’s kernel site.

I’ll do a Google search for what I can learn about enabling compcache with P3’s kernels, but in the meantime any feedback would be appreciated.

Also I just realized I’m not sure if I should flash back to the stock kernel first, then flash P3’s, or can I just flash it over your custom kernel? I’ve always flashed kernels over each other without flashing the stock kernel in between, but now I’m not so sure.

Edit: I just flashed P3’s LV250-1100 kernel directly over your custom kernel without a problem. Its running blazing fast and Wi-Fi works!

Last edited:

DyMiC

Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!

I don't understand... How everybody is having issues with this? I was having battery issues with 1.1.22.1, and it was a little laggy....

But this... this is pure silk. I'm running Chevy's ULV 1.25, OCed at 1100 (1.25 gets a little choppy).... stability is amazing.

I took my phone off the charger at about 6 this morning before I left for work. I use my phone all day texting and Facebooking and whatnot.... and I'm sitting at 80 percent right now.... and it's almost 3 in the afternoon. The graphics are smooth. I like the new animations that were added. I think I may have found a ROM I might actually stick with for awhile.

Thank you so much, guys! You Devs are freaking insanely awesome. Expect donations some time in the near future!!!!
:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

doublea500

Reaction score
theres been times where my screen has been "unresponsive". like it can freeze and i can click the button to turn the screen off and then the screen doesnt turn off until about a min later... stuff like that. another thing is the lockscreen. sometimes it just goes away lol and i cant get it back unless i reboot.