[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

dddjames

Reaction score
Awesome Rom! I went with Strawberry Kangerade the first time, but since I wanted to update to the latest build, I switched it up to the Blueberry and I'm lovin it. This rom is so awesome that I have two completely lame, superficial, and cosmetic questions/complaints:

When my screen is locked, instead of sitting on my "middle" screen in the middle of the wallpaper, it is sitting on the far right screen of my 3 screen setup. When I unlock, sure enough, I'm back on my middle home screen. But then again when locked, its sitting in lock mode off-centered on my wallpaper. Like I said -- pure cosmetic.

Secondly, in the Red theme, the twitter icon was themed, so when I got Twitter notifications, it popped up Red in the notification tray. Now in the blue it appears that you decided to just skip the modification on Twitter (since its blue anyway after all) and now the notification tray for it is a very bland black.

See -- I told you -- completely unnecessary and lame complaints. But just curious.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The weather updates with beautiful widgets,maps location works,no stupid icon for the hot spot. Does the droid even support that option? I heard koush say the twian drivers for the droid dont support it.

Doesn't support it and in the official release of froyo I'm pretty sure you will have to sign up for an extra bs data plan.

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
anyone want to test this build and look for fixes and bugs?

I want to see if apps auto restore (after a wipe), gps location works for news and weather and beautiful widgets, and if that icon is gone.

After wiping, installed the test build, then rebooted.

1. Signed into Google account.

2. After 10 - 15 seconds, the synch icon appeared. After a minute or so, "Google Maps Installation Unsuccessful" appeared, but the synch icon remained for another minute, or so.

3. "Applications partially restored" appeared. Upon checking, the only application not restored was Google Maps.

4. Enabled wi-fi, and it found my home network without any problems.

5. Checked news and weather. The weather correctly appeared based on my gps location.

6. I don't use Beautiful Widgets - so can't test that one.

7. The tethering icon did not appear where it wasn't wanted. :)

ok, cool.. sounds like I got those fixes... what else do I need to fix?

btdownloads7

Reaction score
anyone want to test this build and look for fixes and bugs? http://www.froyoroms.com/files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/Froyo_Kangerade/V5.0.8/update.zip

I want to see if apps auto restore (after a wipe), gps location works for news and weather and beautiful widgets, and if that icon is gone.

Almost everything works like a charm, but using Wireless Tether for Root (from the market) seems to break Wi-Fi. Here's a reproduceable sequence:

1. Make sure wi-fi is on and connected
2. Start the tether, which will turn off wi-fi.
3. Stop the tether, which is supposed to turn wi-fi back on, but instead it gets "stuck".

At this point wi-fi can't be turned on or off, and shows up as half-lit in the power control widget. The phone has to be rebooted to get it back.

MJ5150

Reaction score
Got the latest up and running with zero issues on my Droid. Spent about 30 minutes customizing the blueberry theme to my liking and off I go with another *****in' cool release of Kangerade. I just came aboard Kangerade after being devoted to another dev for the last three to four months. GREAT work JRummy. I hope we don't lose you to another device.

One issue that really wasn't a big deal to me....none of my Market apps were restored. I had to do it manually and try to remember everything I had DLed.

-Mike

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
got it installed been playing with it before i post
apps partially restored as already mentioned < i ran the script to remove maps tried to re d/l still unsuccesful cleared card still no go>

wifi connected great stayed connect for about 5 mins then rom manager and market both were giving me network connection switched back to 3g then restarted phone still had network error. turned wifi off turned back on wifi had net back. retried maps still no go

ran quadrant got 1097 flashed chevys ulv 1.25 got 1571

still got net so far went to ringtone no defaults just the ones on my sd card <notification tones all there>

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
anyone want to test this build and look for fixes and bugs? http://www.froyoroms.com/files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/Froyo_Kangerade/V5.0.8/update.zip

Almost everything works like a charm, but using Wireless Tether for Root (from the market) seems to break Wi-Fi. Here's a reproduceable sequence:

1. Make sure wi-fi is on and connected
2. Start the tether, which will turn off wi-fi.
3. Stop the tether, which is supposed to turn wi-fi back on, but instead it gets "stuck".

At this point wi-fi can't be turned on or off, and shows up as half-lit in the power control widget. The phone has to be rebooted to get it back.

i didnt have to reboot went into settings and checked turn wifi on worked for me

beautiful widgets works but i am not sure what the problem was to begin with

after reboot i have to reconnect wifi starts with networ error

is there no scripts ? try to run block ads get an error

Last edited:

phrost211

Reaction score
Re: 5.0.8
I've been using fancy widget instead of BW. Had the same problem, but appears its resolved now.
One issue i was having on 4.0.7 was my browser would randomly fc and restart. Not sure if thats an issue with the rom thoug, It would happen at random times.
Another issue that im seeing as i write this, is typing is laggy. Would that be more related to this appearing to be a stock build?

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
browser fc on the now edition wifi is touch and go
nenamark1 13.0 fps gears 61 fps linpack 19.543

Last edited:

superglen99

Reaction score
Having slight frustration. I am not running any task killer (evil!!) or any script freeing up memory but when I run navi and pandora it dont work. When the navi anounces directions it either A. Kills pandora or B. pauses pandora for good so I have to manually open and hit play. Obviously this is very frustrating and defeats the whole purpose of Android if I can not multi task this way. I have 4.0.7 nex theme and like I said no task killers or free memory scripts. running 800mhz and need some help. Anybody got a solution??

guys, some help here please?

dodgerslim

Reaction score
Having slight frustration. I am not running any task killer (evil!!) or any script freeing up memory but when I run navi and pandora it dont work. When the navi anounces directions it either A. Kills pandora or B. pauses pandora for good so I have to manually open and hit play. Obviously this is very frustrating and defeats the whole purpose of Android if I can not multi task this way. I have 4.0.7 nex theme and like I said no task killers or free memory scripts. running 800mhz and need some help. Anybody got a solution??

guys, some help here please?

Does Navigation and Pandora work simultaneously on stock? I've never tried, but for example when you get a text message, it cuts out music if you're playing any. Could be the same deal.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
tried to install maps again now i get pop up i quote
"Installation error
Unknown reason -8
and the wifi is really getting annoying only connecte 5 mins from activation

screen is kinda whacky very touchy

Last edited:

superglen99

Reaction score
I didnt have this problem on 2.1 with pandora and navi. I actually used it quite a bit when looking to buy houses. I would get a text and hear the DRROOIIDDD and the music would continue, or the navi would say turn left ahead and the music continued. Now it kills or pause Pandora when anouncing directions, not sure abut txts. Pisses me off. any help?