[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

Aegon

Reaction score
Grrr my phone refuses any kernel over 1.2 Ghz. Anyone got any ideas or have I hit the wall with my droid?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Will the new build be put on the OP? I was also wondering when the clock/no clock text color changes will be posted? I am running v1.1 now, stock with a black bar and I just don't want to change until I can set the new install up like this one.....

Great work.......

Aegon

Reaction score
Grrr my phone refuses any kernel over 1.2 Ghz. Anyone got any ideas or have I hit the wall with my droid?

You have probably hit the wall. If you have not yet read it, read the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html thread I mentioned in my first response to your questions to understand why and what's going on.

Yeah I read it great info in that by the way. That post is how I figured I hit the wall

nightwo|f

Reaction score
anyone else had swype complain that it is configured for a different device and works in limited mode (only works single tapping each letter)? I've uninstalled and reinstalled via the swype beta installer and via a backup .apk I had. The version I'm using is the droid (fwvga,854res) version and not the generic wvga.

magma_camel

Reaction score
Really I guess the only thing I don't like about these themes are the gtalk notification icon I mean let's be honest its kinda ugly haha

stark23x

Reaction score
Really I guess the only thing I don't like about these themes are the gtalk notification icon I mean let's be honest its kinda ugly haha

I'll be honest with you: I hate the Maps and Gallery icons. I mean...hate. SO much hate I themed Gallery myself just to get rid of it. Not messing with Maps though. Sometimes I think that program is possessed by a demon and I wish to NOT anger it.

Jrummy, I love your ROM and I apologize for insulting your icons. But I did, so...umm...I'll shut up now. :)

EbE404

Reaction score

You have probably hit the wall. If you have not yet read it, read the http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/47871-overclocking-101-a.html thread I mentioned in my first response to your questions to understand why and what's going on.

Yeah I read it great info in that by the way. That post is how I figured I hit the wall

Cool! The important point to take away there is that each device is going to be a bit different, so it's difficult to say exactly how each device is going to perform with a given kernel or settings.

One other important issue is just how fast is "fast enough"? Honestly the difference between 1000 and 1250 is negligible at best in most situations, and you start to get into the balancing act of performance vs. stability vs. battery life.

The combination of the kernel, the new ROM and the new build of SetCPU, (got to spread the love around) and some testing/tweaking have gotten me an incredibly zippy phone with killer battery life (after normal use (for me), I had 40% battery life after 26 hours, where previously, I would hit the 40% mark at about 12 hours).

EbE404

Reaction score
anyone else had swype complain that it is configured for a different device and works in limited mode (only works single tapping each letter)? I've uninstalled and reinstalled via the swype beta installer and via a backup .apk I had. The version I'm using is the droid (fwvga,854res) version and not the generic wvga.

An uninstall and reinstall fixed that for me straight away. I am using the official beta.

VetteKlr

Reaction score

Cool! The important point to take away there is that each device is going to be a bit different, so it's difficult to say exactly how each device is going to perform with a given kernel or settings.

One other important issue is just how fast is "fast enough"? Honestly the difference between 1000 and 1250 is negligible at best in most situations, and you start to get into the balancing act of performance vs. stability vs. battery life.

The combination of the kernel, the new ROM and the new build of SetCPU, (got to spread the love around) and some testing/tweaking have gotten me an incredibly zippy phone with killer battery life (after normal use (for me), I had 40% battery life after 26 hours, where previously, I would hit the 40% mark at about 12 hours).

How are you getting 40% after 12 hours, even 26 hours???? After 9 hours my phone is dead to the world.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jrummy just wanted to say thanks again for topping the rest... Been following since you came out with the Cyanogen themes... Keeps getting better. Thank you for making the music mod the default player ass well. Running great...dancedroid

Aegon

Reaction score
I meant to say my phone hates any kernel over 1.0 not 1.2 anyway it is rocking with the 1.0.

taz1458

Reaction score
Could someone answer this for me. Is this the new Froyo build? So it would almost like be an update to the 1.1 Kangerade? Just trying to figure out if I should put this one on my Droid instead.

EbE404

Reaction score

How are you getting 40% after 12 hours, even 26 hours???? After 9 hours my phone is dead to the world.

I was a bit surprised myself at the improvement, we'll see if it stays consistent. Usage patterns and settings. Here's the basic info:

My Typical usage
  • Maybe 15 minutes of phone calls each day (I'm an antisocial prick, nobody wants to talk to me ;) )
  • Automatic e-mail and data syncs, including the most frequent update settings for Beautiful Widgets and News Rob
  • Bluetooth off when I'm not using it.
  • About 30 minutes of WiFi use to download files, off otherwise.
  • GPS off if I'm not using it.
  • I check the phone pretty frequently, so the screen does spend a lot of time being on, but I have it set to a low brightness setting (Beautiful Brightness).
  • A few SMS each day
  • Various apps get used, there's not a lot of consistency there. I do use Pandora quite a bit, but no music or video otherwise. Quite a lot of time on the web, but non-Flash sites.

I'm using the P3 1000 LV Froyo kernel and Sweeter Home build 825 as my home screen and launcher. I AM using a live wallpaper.

SetCPU Settings
With the new version, I started off with Skull's recommendations, tested them, then made some modifications based on what my phone wanted:

• Max-1000
  • Min-500
  • Scaling-OnDemand
  • Screen Off Profile: 400/125, Priority 100
  • Temp >50 Profile: 600/125, Priority 90
  • Charging/Full Profile: 500/125, Priority 50
  • Battery <20% Profile: 600/125, Priority 40
  • Sampling Rate: 32000
  • Up Threshold: 90
  • Ignore Nice: 0
  • Power Save Bias: 200

So, that's what working for me based on how I use the phone. It's very responsive and quick when opening and shutting down apps or switching screens. I'm going to continue tweaking and testing to see if I can get it even better, but I think I've found a sweet spot with performance and battery life.

Last edited: