Themed Helix Launchers

bose301s

Reaction score
Please give this a try and let me know if it is what you had in mind...

[attachment below]

The green used isn't exactly what I would like, if you could use the standard Android green, the green used for the unlock button and the battery indicator it would be perfect.

Try this one on for size...
Very close, if you can get the green from this Android dude it would be 100% perfect.

android640x480007.jpg

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
These look great! I will have to further look into changing the color for launchers that have the 3d app drawer. If I know where the color is located in the app before it's compiled then that's just half the battle.. keep up the good work.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
These look great! I will have to further look into changing the color for launchers that have the 3d app drawer. If I know where the color is located in the app before it's compiled then that's just half the battle.. keep up the good work.

Thanks man...

I am not sure which file holds the key to the background color for Helix 2.
It is coded into the program. If I knew where I would simply update in the hex code (similar to changing the notification colors in framework)

Too bad it is not a png, like in helix 1.2a or 1.3... In fact the pattern_carbon_fiber_dark.png file in helix 2 has no effect at all.

I have been working with themes for Helix 1.3Beta2, but I cannot release them due to this only being available in the Dev's Repo for those who choose to donate. But I must say that a full screen themed transparent app drawer looks amazing...

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Just a quick update...

I just added file links to the OP to download the files from.

I did this due to the 5 file per post limit on the forums. :)

If there are any requests for other theme variations please let me know, and I will work on them when I have time...

-Droid Maine

ps5281

Reaction score
Yea I'm trying to change the "all_apps_button..." files. For some reason once I change them I cant get Astro to load them onto my phone. I know I'm using compatible pictures because I pulled them from the other launchers you've uploaded... I used winRAR to try and change the files...

This is an issue with app signing... Unless you are familiar with the Java Dev Kit I am not sure how to explain the process... Hold on, I will PM You.

I finally got some free time to play around with this some more this morning. Was able to figure out how to resign apps after a little research. Been playing around with the helix launchers and a modifying a few live wallpapers.

Got a nice New York Yankees set up now. Working on a few others.

Thanks for the help...

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dark theme

How about a dark theme? There is one out but it is for the old mm. The only problem I see is the text color. Anyway, if you could do that I would definitely download it! Great work on the others!

Edit: Sorry, I'm an idiot! They are already dark. What I meant was to get one with all white in the bar, thanks!

Last edited:
OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Okay guys, I am going to be in and out very little for a couple weeks, I am doing some traveling. I will check back as I get time... I just uploaded a CyanBlue Helix 1... Nothing big, just my blue themed helix 1 with the launcher button swapped for the Cyanogen Icon.

I am too tired to do much more right now lol.