[Release] New Theme - PINK-LIFE

packetdog

Reaction score
I tried to download Easyroot but it says it doesnt work with the 2.2 update... do I have any more choices?

You're on the Motorola Droid 1 right? I used FreeRoot (Google it) on m wife's phone running Froyo (Android 2.2) and then installed ROM Manager from the Android Market, and flashed LithiumMod w/o any issues. You do want to make backups along the way in case there are issues, but it's very easy.

I also understand Universal Androot can root a 2.2 FRG01B phone. You're probably on FRG22 though aren't you. :) I don't think that build can be '1-click' rooted, and you'd have to flash a 2.0.1/2.1 build using RSDLite (and the applicable .sbf) file. This is a much longer process. There may be updates in the coming weeks to allow one touch rooting, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else care to confirm?

BlackMarket

Reaction score
I tried to download Easyroot but it says it doesnt work with the 2.2 update... do I have any more choices?

You're on the Motorola Droid 1 right? I used FreeRoot (Google it) on m wife's phone running Froyo (Android 2.2) and then installed ROM Manager from the Android Market, and flashed LithiumMod w/o any issues. You do want to make backups along the way in case there are issues, but it's very easy.

I also understand Universal Androot can root a 2.2 FRG01B phone. You're probably on FRG22 though aren't you. :) I don't think that build can be '1-click' rooted, and you'd have to flash a 2.0.1/2.1 build using RSDLite (and the applicable .sbf) file. This is a much longer process. There may be updates in the coming weeks to allow one touch rooting, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else care to confirm?

From my experience with Androot you are correct. I was able to Root a few 2.2's and regain root after losing it on a few 2.2's also... that app works like a charm on 2.1's though. Just did an LG Ally and an HTC Hero in the last week with zero issues.

RSDlite is lengthy but it always works for me. but having the ability to Root without a comp. is a huge credit to Uni. Androot. I have had nothing but issues with easyroot. Never tried Free Root

dorlisa

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your help! I used someone's instructions last night and went through and used the RSDLite and got my Droid rooted, then did research to the the pink theme on it.. .and LOVE it!! I am so happy that I rooted. My phone seems to be running alot smoother and faster with the LithiumMod also.

THANK YOU! I was so nervous though, scared I was going to brick my phone

BlackMarket

Reaction score
it is kinda scary at first but once you get through it you kinda go... Huh? that wasnt to bad.

Glad you are enjoying YOUR phone since it is now yours :)

packetdog

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all your help! I used someone's instructions last night and went through and used the RSDLite and got my Droid rooted, then did research to the the pink theme on it.. .and LOVE it!! I am so happy that I rooted. My phone seems to be running alot smoother and faster with the LithiumMod also.

THANK YOU! I was so nervous though, scared I was going to brick my phone

Good job! Just please do me a favor and KEEP BACKUPS! :) Use ROM Manager, or reboot into recovery and do it from the 'Nandroid' menu. Then you'll be great! Cheers!

dorlisa

Reaction score
Seems I am getting a little bravier! The Twitter and Facebook are not pink and I am trying to find out how to do that.... any suggestions? LOL (us girls, just can't be happy, can we?) :)

packetdog

Reaction score
Seems I am getting a little bravier! The Twitter and Facebook are not pink and I am trying to find out how to do that.... any suggestions? LOL (us girls, just can't be happy, can we?) :)

Yea, if you updated Twitter & Facebook from the Market they won't be pink-- the icon will revert back to the stock one. When the next LithiumMod release comes out, they will update the themes with all of the pretty color-matched icons. Until then you'd have to decompile the Facebook .apk on your phone, switch the icons, recompile/resign, and reimport to your phone. Even I'm too lazy to do that.. :) New LithMod release should be here soon, waiting for that FRG22D build to be incorporated.

honeygirl

Reaction score
any way this could be ported to Droid X stock 2.1 rom?? please please pleaseeeee lol:biggrin::biggrin:

dorlisa

Reaction score
I had to reinstall every day this morning.. I noticed before I signed in to Facebook for the first time, it ws the pretty pink logo.... anyway of getting that back?

I could of swore Gmail was pink too but it is red now... did I miss something or imagine it was pink?