6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

Xcountry

Reaction score
Well Jrummy I got it to finally work. I dl from Rom Manager and all went well. So you might want to check the actual dl links on the OP. I really liked the rom and thought it ran great on the 800mhz but everytime I tried to load a kernel it would get stuck in a boot loop. Didnt matter if it was a chevy kernel or a p3. Loved the blue theme too! Cant get it to work so I will have to stick with BB. Keep up the good work though!

Isaiah

Reaction score
Well Jrummy I got it to finally work. I dl from Rom Manager and all went well. So you might want to check the actual dl links on the OP. I really liked the rom and thought it ran great on the 800mhz but everytime I tried to load a kernel it would get stuck in a boot loop. Didnt matter if it was a chevy kernel or a p3. Loved the blue theme too! Cant get it to work so I will have to stick with BB. Keep up the good work though!

theres a new version of this rom out.

Lars1

Reaction score

And? Any different? Better? What's new? Apps2sd native?

I need info!!! dancedroid

Also, what kernel do ya'll recommend? I'm running Chevy 1.1 LV set at 1 Ghz and I'm not impressed with battery life so far. Any other suggestions?

Thnx

Last edited:

skltr21

Reaction score

And? Any different? Better? What's new? Apps2sd native?

I need info!!! dancedroid

Also, what kernel do ya'll recommend? I'm running Chevy 1.1 LV set at 1 Ghz and I'm not impressed with battery life so far. Any other suggestions?

Thnx

im with you..... my battery life blows.

tender82

Reaction score
This is my first theme I've used for my Droid. Nice work JRummy! I have a question though...

What's up with the text messages? Each text has the person's picture next to it. When I send a text, it just has the little android robot next to it. What happened to the top bar on each thread with the facebook status and the single picture?

Thanks!

otter34

Reaction score
This is my first theme I've used for my Droid. Nice work JRummy! I have a question though...

What's up with the text messages? Each text has the person's picture next to it. When I send a text, it just has the little android robot next to it. What happened to the top bar on each thread with the facebook status and the single picture?

Thanks!

I've wondered that as well and I liked that option too. I'd like to add it if possible. Also, my facebook picture doesn't show up when I send a text message like it used to. How can I fix that as well?

wmnomore

Reaction score
not sure if this was covered, but anyone having a problem with playing videos?
also quadrant won't run with the video problem.
i have a video on my sd card and it won't play. any thoughts?
thanks, chris

maugwa

Reaction score
I have a major problem. I tried jrummy one more time. I installed Jrummy's Froyo ROM and wiped cache and did a backup. Everything seemed to go well until I shut my phone down and then started up again. Now I can't even get the phone to start correctly... unfortunately I'm in an endless boot loop that I can't get out of. I can't do the typical boot into recovery by starting up holding the x down. Anyone have suggestions???

Pull the battery. Replace the battery, start up and try to get back into recovery that way from a new boot once you break the loop.

What recovery were you using-CW or SP?

I installed jrummy using ROM Manager and had CW recovery setup. I've tried pulling the battery and trying to get into recovery by holding down the x key while starting -- no joy.

I can't seem to get it past the boot animation at this point.

I'm about to call Verizon and cash in on the insurance I've been paying for.

Other ideas? I'm open to trying just about anything.

Thanks!

I haven't read ahead to see if you finally got this resolved. I had this same issue last night. I ended up using RSDLite and reflashed the SPFRecovery, I was then able to get back into my phone and redo setup.

Make sure your phone is not connect to computer
Pull battery and put back in.
Press and hold d-pad up and the power button, this will get you to a black bootloader screen.
Connect to computer via USB and start RSD Lite, it should see your phone and then you can push whatever you use for recovery. I opted for SPFRecovery since I already had that downloaded on my computer and this is what I used to initially setup my root.
I then restored a bu I had and went on to install Kangerade again.

I'm back up and running w/o issues.

myk.robinson

Reaction score
Theme Change

I have installed the JRummy Froyo Stock rom, and it is working well. I'd like to give it a black taskbar, will that require flashing a whole new rom, or is there a theme that is "officially" supported that I can apply? Very green to theming, so be gentle :)

Thanks,
-myk

Jdrobinson

Reaction score
can someone please help me, im looking to install kangerade green theme. i am currently rooted to stock froyo 2.2. ive tried using sbrecovery to load the kangerade rom and first i had an error of 21. so i took the space out of the folder and it gave me an error of 25 which i understand is tthere are too many sub-folders. well how do i solve that issue? becuase there are about 30 other folders inside of system. do i need to take every file out of all the folders and place it just in the kangerade folder? thanks guys

Jdrobinson

Reaction score
i tried rom manager but it always says sd card not mounted. even though im clearly mounted.

VanessaRenee

Reaction score
Sorry, I am new to this and don't know exactly where to post.. I just rooted my phone yesterday and installed jrummys kangerade. Today I turned off my phone, and when I turned it back on now most off my apps are gone from my app drawer and gone from the market including rom manager. The market wont let me download anything, and when I go into manage applications it wont ever finish loading and wont let me get into anything!!! Will someone please help, I am freaking out...