Themed Helix Launchers

droid_maine

Reaction score
I have been working on putting together several themed versions of the Helix Launcher... I had been working on these for a bit, originally using Helix 1.1 as my base.

I have since started to convert them to the new version 1.2a that is on the market. I change themes and ROMs often so I like to be able to quickly install whichever launcher best fits... After talking with Jrummy, I have decided to start a thread to share them with the community.

I just finished the Cyanogen themed version... using the cyanogen logo...

Other versions will include my own launcher button, designed to be very simple. Colors will be Blue, Cyan, Red, and Green to match the current theme colors provided by Jrummy... I will update this post as I finish each one.

Credit and Thanks to Faruq Rasid for designing the launcher itself.

To install:

1. Download the desired .apk file)
2. Copy the apk to your SD card
3. Uninstall any previous installations of Helix Launcher 1
4. Install this version using any file explorer app (Astro is FREE)
5. Enjoy!

As of 05/21 all Themed Helix 1.2a files have been moved here...

Themed Helix 1.2a Launchers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helix Launcher 1.2a Cyanogen Themed
(Includes Darkened Cyan transparent app drawer, themed trashcan, and themed search widget)
2vl669i.jpg

Helix Launcher 1.2a Blue Themed
(Uploaded 05/19)
(Includes Darkened Blue transparent app drawer, themed trashcan, and themed search widget)
21mvhid.jpg

Helix Launcher 1.2a Red Themed (Uploaded 05/19)
(Includes Darkened Red transparent app drawer, themed trashcan, and themed search widget)
2z3z5mx.jpg

Helix Launcher 1.2a Green Themed (Uploaded 05/19)
(Includes Darkened Green transparent app drawer, themed trashcan, and themed search widget)
2rcya9e.jpg

Helix Launcher 1.2a Cyan Themed (Uploaded 05/19)
(Identical to the Cyanogen theme, only with my style launcher instead of the Cyanogen Logo)
2yybk7k.jpg

Helix Launcher 1.2a Pink Themed
(Uploaded 05/19)
(This theme is fully credited to jrummy and of course the App Dev, as I pulled it directly from Jrummy's PINK LIFE Theme)

All I did was pack it into an installable APK so that you can easily switch between it and other launchers without using update.zip and SPRecovery...

Here are Jrummy's screen shots... That include this launcher... If you like this theme, it can be found here....

PINK LIFE

2aj6tqx.jpg

Oh and I just uploaded a CyanBlue Helix 1... Nothing big, just my blue themed helix 1 with the launcher button swapped for the Cyanogen Icon.

Last edited:
OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Note: Due to the way the Dev chose to build Helix 2 the transparent/themed App Drawer and Blue Icon Selection within the drawer is not possible at this time. Sorry. I will e-mail the Dev to see if there is any way to work around this later.

Cyanogen Themed Helix Launcher 2 is up... Install same way as suggested in OP
Blue ........Themed Helix Launcher 2 is up... Install same way as suggested in OP (Uploaded 05/19)
Red .... ....Themed Helix Launcher 2 is up... Install same way as suggested in OP (Uploaded 05/19)
Green .... .Themed Helix Launcher 2 is up... Install same way as suggested in OP (Uploaded 05/19)
Cyan ..... .Themed Helix Launcher 2 is up... Install same way as suggested in OP (Uploaded 05/19)

As of 05/21 all Themed Helix 2 files have been moved here...

Themed Helix 2 Launchers

Last edited:

ps5281

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... any chance these launchers can have to option to hide the status bar?

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity... any chance these launchers can have to option to hide the status bar?

I assume you mean to have it cover the clock and such when the drawer is opened? If so, there is no way that I know that this can be done by changing the themes...

However, I read in another thread that version 1.3BETA2 is available for for those who make a donation the on the Dev's page, and that it is supposed to include this feature.

[APP] HelixLauncher: ON MARKET! UPDATED [130510] - xda-developers

Also, the current version of Helix Launcher 2 includes this feature, and I will be including themed versions of this soon too....

Edit: I just uploaded the Cyanogen version of Helix 2 in the second post of this thread.

Last edited:

ps5281

Reaction score

I assume you mean to have it cover the clock and such when the drawer is opened? If so, there is no way that I know that this can be done by changing the themes...

However, I read in another thread that version 1.3BETA2 is available for for those who make a donation the on the Dev's page, and that it is supposed to include this feature.

Also, the current version of Helix Launcher 2 includes this feature, and I will be including themed versions of this soon too....

Edit: I just uploaded the Cyanogen version of Helix 2 in the second post of this thread.

Yea, I meant the feature that Helix2 has, removing the bar when it is on the home screen. Helix2 has always been really buggy for me no matter what rom I've ran. I'll give your upload a shot....

Looking forward to the blue versions...

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score

Yea, I meant the feature that Helix2 has, removing the bar when it is on the home screen. Helix2 has always been really buggy for me no matter what rom I've ran. I'll give your upload a shot....

Looking forward to the blue versions...

I just uploaded a blue version... Enjoy! :)

ps5281

Reaction score
Thanks! How is it you can get the launcher icon to change like that?

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Thanks! How is it you can get the launcher icon to change like that?

Do you mean, how is it that I can change the icon, or how is it that it changed when pressed or when it is time to delete something?

Changing the icon is fairly easy... Just create your own picture file of the correct dimensions and replace the original like all other themes...

Making it change based on pressing it is just a matter of making sure the icon that represents whatever action being done is changed to how u want it to look...

ps5281

Reaction score
Yea I'm trying to change the "all_apps_button..." files. For some reason once I change them I cant get Astro to load them onto my phone. I know I'm using compatible pictures because I pulled them from the other launchers you've uploaded... I used winRAR to try and change the files...

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
Yea I'm trying to change the "all_apps_button..." files. For some reason once I change them I cant get Astro to load them onto my phone. I know I'm using compatible pictures because I pulled them from the other launchers you've uploaded... I used winRAR to try and change the files...

This is an issue with app signing... Unless you are familiar with the Java Dev Kit I am not sure how to explain the process... Hold on, I will PM You.

bose301s

Reaction score
I know this is a single user's request, but would it be possible to make a themed Helixlauncher 1 that uses the same green that JRummy used everywhere in his green theme for the outline of apps when you click on them as well as for all other outlines that the normal orange would be used for while keeping the stock app drawer icon and having a gray "Smoked Glass" transparent background for the app drawer instead of the green transparent background? If so thanks, if not no problem.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score
I know this is a single user's request, but would it be possible to make a themed Helixlauncher 1 that uses the same green that JRummy used everywhere in his green theme for the outline of apps when you click on them as well as for all other outlines that the normal orange would be used for while keeping the stock app drawer icon and having a gray "Smoked Glass" transparent background for the app drawer instead of the green transparent background? If so thanks, if not no problem.

Please give this a try and let me know if it is what you had in mind...

[attachment below]

bose301s

Reaction score

[attachment below]

The green used isn't exactly what I would like, if you could use the standard Android green, the green used for the unlock button and the battery indicator it would be perfect.

OP
droid_maine

droid_maine

Reaction score

[attachment below]

The green used isn't exactly what I would like, if you could use the standard Android green, the green used for the unlock button and the battery indicator it would be perfect.

Try this one on for size...