[6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

magma_camel

Reaction score
hey dude are you going to possibly overlay this theme ontop of your froyo source build? i think that would be hot just saying idk if it would be better but it just seems like it woud make sense to do that

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
:icon_eek:Can't send/receive picture messages...anyone know a fix for this?!?:icon_eek:

Using this ROM and "stock" kernal. And handcent for texting. Deleted stock messenger(could this be the problem).

**Reinstalled ROM and it works...dont know what i did to make it stop working, but its good now

Last edited:

Isaiah

Reaction score
I cannot stress strongly enough how awesome the processor profile thing in setcpu is. Check it out. Usually I could get around atleast a full day (from 8am to 5pm before i felt like i needed to charge it. now I can probably let it go to like 3pm the next day.

if anybody's curious I'm using chevy's 1ghz ULV kernal

under 100% battery my phone is clocked from 550 to 1000
under 35% battery it drops down to 250 to 550
while the screens off (sleep mode) 250 to 400 (makes the phone super efficient while im not using it)
charging is from 250 to 400 (makes it charge quicker)

just thought I'd throw that out there, hope somebody finds it useful

magma_camel

Reaction score
I cannot stress strongly enough how awesome the processor profile thing in setcpu is. Check it out. Usually I could get around atleast a full day (from 8am to 5pm before i felt like i needed to charge it. now I can probably let it go to like 3pm the next day.

while the screens off (sleep mode) 250 to 400 (makes the phone super efficient while im not using it)

thats all well and good but whats your usage like...and what apps do you have running..whats going on in the background? my profiles are set lower then yours and im getting maybe 10 hours out of my phone

Isaiah

Reaction score

thats all well and good but whats your usage like...and what apps do you have running..whats going on in the background? my profiles are set lower then yours and im getting maybe 10 hours out of my phone
Do you (maybe) have wider intervals for the processor than me though? the only thing I really have running in the background is beyond pod, it syncs daily and downloads about 3 ~30mb podcasts.

to put the data in more comparable terms though vzw says I've used 1485921.72KB data (~1.5gbs) and the billing cycle ends on the 12th... so IDK if that helps but yeah, and ID say I use the droid a lot.

If I use navigation it does shoot through the battery very quickly, but thats what car chargers are for.

otter34

Reaction score

Thanks, but I have a question. Why is it necessary for the phone to be efficient when you're not using it? I think I'm missing something there

otter34

Reaction score
I've tried the last 3 versions of bb and keep coming back to this one. It's just so much better in my opinion at least for me. I have 1.1 (even though it still says 1.0) w/ Chevy ulv, 1.2Ghz kernal.

Can someone explain something to me about the quadrant scores? I have it set to run at 550Mhz and I'm getting quadrant scores which are equivalent to what I got running, say a 1.0Ghz Chevy ulv at 800 or 900Mhz (or maybe 100-150 points lower).

For example, I'm running 1.1 right now w/ Chevy 1.2Ghz ulv like I said. I've got 1112, 1170, 1156, 1133, 942, 1173 and 1050. So the average is 1105. Basically I underclocked it so I can save battery life, however if it's running 2x as high as I have it clocked am I really saving any battery life? And why is it running so fast if I have it clocked at 550Mhz?

Lastly I see people mention Mflops. What exactly is that and how should I use it to gage the performance of my phone?

Isaiah

Reaction score

Thanks, but I have a question. Why is it necessary for the phone to be efficient when you're not using it? I think I'm missing something there

I'm not entirely sure what you mean? are you familiar with what the word efficient means? While you aren't using the phone, its still using battery power, lowering the clock speeds while the phone is not in use means it uses less battery... which is good. Unless you run a ton of background tasks that need to be completed very quickly... but thats very unlikely.

BAoxymoron

Reaction score
This has been a real learning experience for me: I learned that 7zip doesn't unzip .msi files properly, how to root stuff and several other things but what I haven't figured out is where the **** is the stock music app... I tried the script and it got rid of both and now i can't install an .apk of the original app either????

edit: finially got music mod to reinstall... sorta it just fc's alot... almost everything has been fc for me... idk
edit2: Ok I think I got it to work.... *knocks on wood*(yes literally I just did that)... well still can't wait till source version gets blue... plz mr. rummy get source working
edit3:apparently I didn't knock hard enough... fml
final edit fttb: looks like for the time being i'm going to back to full stock been nice playing with it though can't wait till source rom is in blue

Last edited:

otter34

Reaction score
My downloads only show me having 5 downloads, but I have about 85 apps that I downloaded. I'm using many right now that aren't even on the list. I had 3 updates according to the notifications and I selected that which is when I was brought to the download page and there were just these 5 downloads and no updates were available.

Anyone have an explanation? Why don't my downloads show up in the market under, "downloads?"

Last edited:

Kvalte

Reaction score
From changelog:
-Removed ADWLauncher as the default launcher and added back froyo Launcher2

Jrummy...why'd you remove ADWLauncher?

idk man.. just would suck if adw updated or something.

I did compile the latest version. You can download it from the first thread and install it like a normal app.

Mine wont install like a normal app. I can't figure this out. I miss having the ADWSettings and clicking home to spread the screens :[

Shadowlord

Reaction score
Install 1.1 keep old theme

I know I am jumping at the end of the Thread and off topic, but I was wondering about downloading 1.1 but keeping a different theme. I love what Jrummy has done to Launcherpro beta and I am running off Kangerade 1.0 now. Maybe I am an itiot but can I install 1.1 and keep the pro beta.Love any ideas and love what you do Jrummy keep it up.

askey35

Reaction score
Can't someone tell me how to get mabilo ringtones to work properly on this rom. Whenever you try to set a ringer it changes to ringer or notification sound to silent.