[7-2] Froyo Source Built Kangerade 4.0.7 - *HUGE list of features & Themes*

EbE404

Reaction score
Could someone answer this for me. Is this the new Froyo build? So it would almost like be an update to the 1.1 Kangerade? Just trying to figure out if I should put this one on my Droid instead.

My answer to all three questions there would be "yes".

atticus

Reaction score

VetteKlr

Reaction score
anyone want to test this build and look for fixes and bugs? http://www.froyoroms.com/files/developers/jrummy/JRummy/Froyo_Kangerade/V5.0.8/update.zip

I want to see if apps auto restore (after a wipe), gps location works for news and weather and beautiful widgets, and if that icon is gone.

I installed this build and now my Wifi is acting all crazy. It won't stay connected. Connects, disconnects, scans, disables, connects, then repeats. I sat on the Connections screen and watched it do this. Lol. Pretty crazy to say the least.

taz1458

Reaction score
Could someone answer this for me. Is this the new Froyo build? So it would almost like be an update to the 1.1 Kangerade? Just trying to figure out if I should put this one on my Droid instead.

How about qiping and all that? or would you say just put it on there?

EbE404

Reaction score

If you meant "wiping", then the general consensus is that you should clear cache but not do a factory reset if you are coming from an earlier Kangerade build (that's what I did, and it's working like a charm for me).

taz1458

Reaction score

If you meant "wiping", then the general consensus is that you should clear cache but not do a factory reset if you are coming from an earlier Kangerade build (that's what I did, and it's working like a charm for me).

Ya I meant wiping. I can't type. Lol. Ok heading to this version now!

sstreet3

Reaction score
Flash Problem

I don't know if this was already posted but is anyone having any issues with Flash videos playing? When I open a site with flash content, there's an arrow where the flash image is and the video never starts. It worked fine before the new rom.

FrostMan

Reaction score
I don't know if this was already posted but is anyone having any issues with Flash videos playing? When I open a site with flash content, there's an arrow where the flash image is and the video never starts. It worked fine before the new rom.

In settings do you have the plugins set on demand? Sounds like that is what you are describing. Just tap on the white window with the little arrow and it will open the flash content.

EbE404

Reaction score

In settings do you have the plugins set on demand? Sounds like that is what you are describing. Just tap on the white window with the little arrow and it will open the flash content.

Personally, I love this option-it essentially works the same way as ClickToFlash on my Mac. Not only does it shut down the irritating Flash ads, but you don't waste time or bandwidth downloading any garbage Flash content other than what you actually want. Yes, it's an additional click, but totally worth it in my mind.

sstreet3

Reaction score
I see your point. I never thought of it that way.

Personally, I love this option-it essentially works the same way as ClickToFlash on my Mac. Not only does it shut down the irritating Flash ads, but you don't waste time or bandwidth downloading any garbage Flash content other than what you actually want. Yes, it's an additional click, but totally worth it in my mind.

fernandw

Reaction score
anyone else had swype complain that it is configured for a different device and works in limited mode (only works single tapping each letter)? I've uninstalled and reinstalled via the swype beta installer and via a backup .apk I had. The version I'm using is the droid (fwvga,854res) version and not the generic wvga.

Yes, I am having the same issue. I sent them an email this morning...

atticus

Reaction score
anyone else had swype complain that it is configured for a different device and works in limited mode (only works single tapping each letter)? I've uninstalled and reinstalled via the swype beta installer and via a backup .apk I had. The version I'm using is the droid (fwvga,854res) version and not the generic wvga.

Yes, I am having the same issue. I sent them an email this morning...

ditto. think it's safe to say everyone is.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
I have been hoping to find an orange themed ROM or rom theme update (for something like Bugless) but Kangerade is what I found so I'm checking it out now. It looks GREAT so far! One feature that I immediately noticed I miss is that apps are installed to SD card, even ones that arnt supported.

*EDIT*

I guess I was seeing things because I posted a question referring to a script for apps-to-SD inside the Kangerade Scripts application that doesn't appear to exist :D

I guess I have to be more careful about what I install.

Last edited: