[ROM] [6/18/12] CM9 ICS For the Droid Pro

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Haha thanks!

I also switched to GSM and rebooted and it stayed on GSM!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Haha thanks!

I also switched to GSM and rebooted and it stayed on GSM!

well, luckily I backed up my ics rom this last time so maybe it won't be the two hours to reset it up again :) Of course, I may have to wipe again, but at least there might be the chance I don't :)

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
well, luckily I backed up my ics rom this last time so maybe it won't be the two hours to reset it up again :) Of course, I may have to wipe again, but at least there might be the chance I don't :)

you just have to wipe your system and cache if you already have installed CM9 or if you're restoring to a CM9 backup :)

I've updated the OP with our latest zip (and probably our best to day) :) enjoy! notes about the new update are in a larger font

ngtwolf

Reaction score
you just have to wipe your system and cache if you already have installed CM9 or if you're restoring to a CM9 backup :)

I've updated the OP with our latest zip (and probably our best to day) :) enjoy! notes about the new update are in a larger font

Thanks! I have two backups now, the one I made with your ICS version and then the custom stock I've been reverting back to during the week at least until the gsm is working completely. I was hoping I could restore the ICS backup and then install the newest zip without wiping... If I have to wipe, then it doesn't really matter to restore the ICS backup first.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Thanks! I have two backups now, the one I made with your ICS version and then the custom stock I've been reverting back to during the week at least until the gsm is working completely. I was hoping I could restore the ICS backup and then install the newest zip without wiping... If I have to wipe, then it doesn't really matter to restore the ICS backup first.

Wiping system doesn't erase all of your app info. That's wiping data.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
New update has the torch too fyi :) how's everybody's phones with the new update?

wykjacky

Reaction score
New update has the torch too fyi :) how's everybody's phones with the new update?

Thanks for the new build again.
Here is my testing result:

1. Droid Pro does not ring again for incoming calls. When I try to make a phone call, phone.apk still get FC for the first time. But after the FC, DP can ring for the incoming calls!!! Seems the restart of phone.apk caused by the FC 'activated' the GSM's voice function. I am not sure.

2. Droid Pro wasn't able to soft shut down by selecting the Reboot in the menu. Stuck in the "Rebooting" msg box. (because of the phone.apk's FC? )

wykjacky

Reaction score
Moreover, the GSM signal strength (Icon on status) is always showing full signal.

And under the Setting->About Phone->Status
I can see the signal strength section is always
0 dBm 97 asu

and this never change.

ngtwolf

Reaction score
still no camera :-(

As long as we're re-writing stuff from the first post, the tethering still doesn't work either :)

Anyway, here are the results of my tests so far. GSM is working well so far. I've been playing around in the build.prop, I noticed a couple things.

1) you have ro.com.android.dataroaming=true in the build.prop, followed later by ro.com.android.dataroaming=false

2) I found this which might address the black screen that was referred to earlier: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/495620-build-prop-performance-tweaks.html
s
pecifically this part:

Disable black screen issue after call (Thanks to Whyzor for finding why looking into the other tweaks)
mot.proximity.delay=150

That's it for now, I'm going to see if I can figure out a way around the tethering. Thanks again jackpotclavin!

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Moreover, the GSM signal strength (Icon on status) is always showing full signal.

And under the Setting->About Phone->Status
I can see the signal strength section is always
0 dBm 97 asu

and this never change.

Yup, confirmed here as well.

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Thanks for the new build again.
Here is my testing result:

1. Droid Pro does not ring again for incoming calls. When I try to make a phone call, phone.apk still get FC for the first time. But after the FC, DP can ring for the incoming calls!!! Seems the restart of phone.apk caused by the FC 'activated' the GSM's voice function. I am not sure.

2. Droid Pro wasn't able to soft shut down by selecting the Reboot in the menu. Stuck in the "Rebooting" msg box. (because of the phone.apk's FC? )

I noticed #1 on the old build, but didn't happen to me this time. Though, I didn't do a complete wipe either. Since there was no wipe, I was on GSM from the start the second time. As for #2, I saw that happen once on the old build where I pulled the battery. On the new build I -thought- I saw this, but got distracted before I could get around to doing a battery pull and it eventually rebooted.

fyi, I miss 'reboot to recovery' ... I've found that I get distracted easily between initiating the reboot and the point to hit the down key. :)

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
hmm i really don't know where to go regarding that bug since i don't ever use GSM. i will take a look into stuff but i can't guarantee anything :/