Would anybody be willing to test out an ICS alpha for the Pro?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, has anyone else tried to change the battery to percentage? The other status bar tweaks seem to work, but the battery one isn't changing for me.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

_lurker

Reaction score
Is this battery thing going to be something we just have to deal with forever, or will it eventually be fixed? Not pressuring you or anything...just wondering if it might be worthwhile to get an external charger. I have a spare battery, but I'm stupid enough to probably let both die. My regular battery has already died, so I'll have to SBF or go back to CM7 to charge it.
Be very careful, because when your battery is dead, you can't SBF anyway unless you have a factory cable, which is *not* the regular USB cable.

Which was exactly my problem :)

Edit: Oh I see what you mean, you mean SBF'ing to cm7 with the working battery to charge the dead battery. A charger cost like $10 on amazon and I would say it's a good investment. Recently I bought two batteries on ebay for $10 too.

dettofatto

Reaction score
Thanks. I managed to get into the setting page. But failed with the network mode switch.

Once I change it into gsm, it will get a FC and reverted back to CDMA.

By the way, the rom is smooth and fast. I would love this most!!!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

No GSM with/without gsm unlock...
I've 2 droid pro for testing....!

wykjacky

Reaction score
No GSM with/without gsm unlock...
I've 2 droid pro for testing....!

I think so. Can't change to GSM mode in cm9. So couldnt get a chance to try out the 3G data connectivity in GSM mode anyway.
Flashed back to cm7 for now.

I am jealous of you guys using CDMA and having fun with cm9 ! lol

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
How did you guys switch over to GSM in lurker's build?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Reaction score
Live wallpapers work beautifully without any of the tricks described earlier. Youtube appears to be a system app now, can't be uninstalled but is jumpy. Installed Tubemate and streaming video got better. Still getting the clock closed error periodically.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Maybe it is because you uninstalled whatever you did? Just a thought, might not have anything to do with it.

dettofatto

Reaction score
With *#*#4636#*#*
I can see the signal, but I can't make any calls...
But I can send messages in only Lurker ics...

I've done some tests:
I'i've restored cgm gb
I've switched to gsm
I've flashed your ics
Now I've always error (Android phone...etc...)
But I can see under menù the gsm settings and also the apn, I can see also my operator with manual search, but I can't register my Sim...

sent from my Motosola!

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
How's everyone doing on battery life? Here's mine, which is basically the same as CM7

Screenshot_2012-02-11-22-17-05.png

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well i've fixed the AC charging issue. In then next build (whenever that is) you can feel free to let your battery die and you won't be screwed as plugging it in will now boot up successfully as opposed to being doomed and stuck at the M logo :)

Keep sending those bug reports; so far we have like 3 things

Regular video (Non-HD)
GSM which hopefully we get a little help from our buddies working on the Droid 2 Global
Camera (no ETA in sight)

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Well, did I predict my own stupidity, or what? I plugged in at 10% today, but failed to realize that the switch for the outlet wasn't on, so the phone died. Now I'm out two batteries, and no external charger.

FML.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Wow. Try plugging in your power charger and then right after you see the M logo, immediately hold power+r+m so you get into recovery mode. Then unplug your power charger and select reboot and see if you can boot far enough till the boot animation starts up then plug it into your outlet

Remember once you get into recovery mode, you have to press volume up and down simultaneously it isn't the @ button anymore

pavlak21

Reaction score
Hej .. what I did in this case once..I cut off the microusb plug from car charger. Then connected by tape red wire to terminal plus on battery and minus I believe was white or balck after 10 mins I had enough power to boot phone ..
Make sure the wires r not touching another terminals...
Hoppe it help you

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Wow. Try plugging in your power charger and then right after you see the M logo, immediately hold power+r+m so you get into recovery mode. Then unplug your power charger and select reboot and see if you can boot far enough till the boot animation starts up then plug it into your outlet

Remember once you get into recovery mode, you have to press volume up and down simultaneously it isn't the @ button anymore

Didn't work. I got into recovery (in which the screen is all jumbled up, for whatever reason), and then if I unplug the charger, it doesn't have enough power to reboot. Leaving the charger plugged in just keeps me at the M screen.

Hej .. what I did in this case once..I cut off the microusb plug from car charger. Then connected by tape red wire to terminal plus on battery and minus I believe was white or balck after 10 mins I had enough power to boot phone ..
Make sure the wires r not touching another terminals...
Hoppe it help you

Yeah, I thought about doing this, but it depends on how desperate I get. I ordered a charger already, so hopefully it gets here soon, but international shipping typically takes forever. Luckily, I hardly ever use my phone when I'm at school, so it's not a big deal if it's out of commission for a while.

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Well, my phone is alive again. When I was messing around with the charger, I noticed that if I put it in halfway and sort of at a weird angle, the light that surrounds the charging port would light up and stay lit, like it does when you normally charge the phone. When the battery completely dies and you can't boot up, plugging in the charger properly doesn't make that light come on (it will flash briefly upon plugging in, but it won't stay lit).

So anyway, I figured I'll try and leave it in there halfway and see if that did anything. After half an hour or so, I hear that weird noise it makes when the battery is almost dead, looked over, and the boot animation is playing. It's now booted up completely and charging as normal (I plugged in the charger all the way).