Would anybody be willing to test out an ICS alpha for the Pro?

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thursday night I will activate the pro to get data working again

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Will add GSM support to the roms too. Hopefully once I get working cdma data, it'll mean GSM data will work too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Freak4Dell

Reaction score
Looking forward to it. When you do have GSM support, I'll flash yours again. Nothing against _lurker, but the brief time I had your version flashed, it seemed faster than _lurker's version that I currently have.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Great! Looking forward to trying it out.

The zip is not posted yet right?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

wykjacky

Reaction score
Great!! Would love to help test out the new build!! Can't wait to see how's ICS rocking on my Droid pro!!!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

wykjacky

Reaction score
By the way, does the data work on GSM's 3G yet???

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I will post a build either tonight or tomorrow if everything goes according to planned :) I will use the same stuff lurker used for GSM and hopefully GSM will work in my build, as well as data, but I have no way of knowing as I don't use GSM ever

wykjacky

Reaction score
Great!! Counting on you man!!
Thanks so much!!!

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This fixes 3G data connectivity but I cannot say that GSM connectivity even works, let alone GSM data
Here's the .zip as promised I just wiped my system, data, and cache and installed the zip, then flashed gapps and rebooted

a few things to note:

You should wipe system, data, and cache
The initial boot time is pretty long; like 5 mins or so but my CDMA data connected right away and i was able to go through the initial startup of signing into google and whatnot.
You should not turn off USB debugging
If it wants you to activate your phone and you have to press 1, alt + 1 works fine
After you log into google, you should just let your phone sit for a minute or two while your phone syncs everything again

The camera still does not work! there is no ETA whatsoever

If you do not have a separate battery it is not recommended that you flash this as we currently have no way to power up the phone if a battery dies so it is imperative that you do not let your battery fully drain on this rom!!

In order to reboot into recovery do not flash the Droid 2 Bootstrapper! Long press the power button and select reboot, then recovery

md5sum: 6232b21238b7bb95694f66d0d5ae70d9
2-10.zip

Live Wallpaper workaround: If you wish to have a live wallpaper, you may see that right after selecting it, it will turn on for a second, then revert back to a stock wallpaper. If you wish to keep a live wallpaper, right after pressing the "Set Wallpaper" button on the bottom, if you turn off the screen of your phone by pressing the power button and leave it alone for like 10 seconds, it *should* remain when you turn the screen back on. It may take a few tries.. just be sure to turn off the screen like a tenth of a second after choosing the "Set Wallpaper" button

_lurker

Reaction score
You're incredible, Jackpot.

Just to note to everyone I have noticed that high system load might or might not happen when you do certain things (?).

If you experience your phone being slow or getting hot, try going to developer options and check show CPU usage. If /init is on top almost all the time it seems like you're having the init loop problem. It's not caused by the ROM itself, so to fix it you just wipe data and it should go away.

Reaction score
T
If you do not have a separate battery it is not recommended that you flash this as we currently have no way to power up the phone if a battery dies so it is imperative that you do not let your battery fully drain on this rom!!

Will the phone charge? Don't have a spare battery but I rarely let it completely discharge either.

OP
J

JackpotClavin

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Will the phone charge? Don't have a spare battery but I rarely let it completely discharge either.

yes it charges fine, but it won't charge if it runs out of battery, which is why you can't ever let it run down to 0%. the best thing to do is pull the battery at 10% and charge it up asap

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Just to clarify on the battery charging situation:

If my phone happens to die, am I able to just swap batteries with my wife (who also has a Droid Pro) and let her charge mine so that I can boot back up?

What about a battery pull? Is that a dangerous proposition?