2.2 Install Failed!!!

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
You can always download via SPrecovery for free.

I just canceled the ROM manager premium. So now what?

Again, with one of these special ROM's do I lose the ability to overclock?

Thank you so much.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can always download via SPrecovery for free.

I just canceled the ROM manager premium. So now what?

Again, with one of these special ROM's do I lose the ability to overclock?

Thank you so much.
Eeek... I'm clearly stepping on RS toes right now.... I'm gonna fall back.

I was just letting you know you don't HAVE to pay for an app to flash.

Not that you can't buy it... it does have it's up sides. I'm just big on FREE :)

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Unfortunately I am not up to speed on SPrecovery installing. My strength is in ROM Manager and Clockwork Mod. If you are wanting to use SPrecovery then I will put out a post among the RS and see if one of them that is familiar with SPrecovery can help you further.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
since it is only four dollars, which shouldn't break me, I'm going to download the premium version. Thank you.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not up to speed on SPrecovery installing. My strength is in ROM Manager and Clockwork Mod. If you are wanting to use SPrecovery then I will put out a post among the RS and see if one of them that is familiar with SPrecovery can help you further.
Sorry about that dlwhtrose. Wasn't trying to be contradictory.

Just had to throw it out there.

As the OP mentioned.... 4 bucks won't break the bank :)

I'm gonna leave for real now, before I muck up any more. LOL

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score

I now have both versions of ROM manager.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No worries Martin, I'm just not familiar with SPrecovery enough to help most people. I can muddle through but oh boy ya better watch out. hehehehehe

Okay Trionalaw, after you have downloaded both versions of RM you will see you have two icons. This is normal until you reboot your phone. If you have WiFi available to you, start it now, it will make the downloading of roms and such faster and cleaner. Now go ahead and open RM. Then the first option on top will ask you to flash Clockwork Mod. Go ahead and choose that and when your phone option comes up hit that is well.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
No worries Martin, I'm just not familiar with SPrecovery enough to help most people. I can muddle through but oh boy ya better watch out. hehehehehe

Okay Trionalaw, after you have downloaded both versions of RM you will see you have two icons. This is normal until you reboot your phone. If you have WiFi available to you, start it now, it will make the downloading of roms and such faster and cleaner. Now go ahead and open RM. Then the first option on top will ask you to flash Clockwork Mod. Go ahead and choose that and when your phone option comes up hit that is well.

I have successfully flashed it.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great. Okay so you have decided on flashing Sapphire??

Just a little lesson here........ Within RM you can download and flash most ROMs. Sometimes RM will give you fits and things don't seem to work to well. RM seems to be a bit fickle. There is two steps I always do when dealing with RM. One I always try to use WiFi and the other is to always clear the download cache. To do this ...... once in RM go to menu (the lines button) then click on clear download cache. That just seems to keep RM happy.

Now give me a minute I am going to get you the links to sapphire and the gapps. I have read that today RM is not liking sapphire too well.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
Great. Okay so you have decided on flashing Sapphire??

Just a little lesson here........ Within RM you can download and flash most ROMs. Sometimes RM will give you fits and things don't seem to work to well. RM seems to be a bit fickle. There is two steps I always do when dealing with RM. One I always try to use WiFi and the other is to always clear the download cache. To do this ...... once in RM go to menu (the lines button) then click on clear download cache. That just seems to keep RM happy.

Now give me a minute I am going to get you the links to sapphire and the gapps. I have read that today RM is not liking sapphire too well.

I have a WiFi on and I did clear the cache. Thanks.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Okay it appears that the most recent updates to Clockwork Mod (CW from now on) is having a few issues. So here is what we are going to do. Go into RM and scroll to the bottom you will see "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" Click that open and then choose 2.0.2.4 and say okay. Yes you will get constant requests to update your CW but to get sapphire loaded we will have to do this for now.

let me know when you have that loaded.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay it appears that the most recent updates to Clockwork Mod (CW from now on) is having a few issues. So here is what we are going to do. Go into RM and scroll to the bottom you will see "All ClockworkMod Recoveries" Click that open and then choose 2.0.2.4 and say okay. Yes you will get constant requests to update your CW but to get sapphire loaded we will have to do this for now.

let me know when you have that loaded.

Make that 2.0.1.3. Others have had success with later versions (dlwhtrose for example), but others have not. 2.0.1.3 is confirmed to work though.