I want to unroot for the new froyo.

Nibbz

Reaction score
the 2.1 update.zip from that website cant be found it says... im stuck on 2.0.1!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
im doing some research brb

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the droid life one is proven

and if it gets you all set gmail this guy and thank him for keeping up with the files:

[email protected]

Obama

Reaction score
Alternately, my SD card still has folders from old apps I had installed, as well as the DroidMod ROM and ClockWorkMod. If I go in and format the SD card through the settings screen, will that mess up the stock SBF I just installed?

No one answered so I went and formatted my card through the phone. While it didn't **** my build, or (Rebuild) it did delete everything I had saved. Luckily I mounted my phone and saved it all to my PC, even the ****ed ROM.

I am happy to say I'm running 2.1 version 1 like I was before hacking AND NOT READING AND RESEARCHING like I should have.

Mooseknuckle

Reaction score
This did not work for me...RSD Lite gave me an error that said failed to flash rom failed to re-enumerate. What is this about?

98Heap

Reaction score
Thanks Droid Guru's.

I don't post very much, but I like to read and tinker. I thought I had made a mess of my Droid when I got the "Status 7" earlier today, but this thread helped me sort it out and get to 2.2. Thanks for all that you guys do for the Droid community.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very informative, thank you for this. I'm curious though ... is there a reason to go back to 2.0.1 instead of loading a stock 2.1 file? Does one not exist?

By flashing back to 2.0.1 .sbf file, you also go back to the stock bootloader, therefore allowing the 2.2 OTA update to even happen. I don't believe there is another way to do that.

Yes, I understand that. I was just curious why we're loading 2.0.1 and doing an OTA (or manual) update to 2.1 to get the OTA update to 2.2. Why can't you push 2.1 back on the phone and then get the 2.2 OTA update?

Sorry, I missed this and never answered.

I've never tried it, but I don't believe the stock 2.1 .zip file will flash using anything but the stock recovery, as opposed to sprecovery or clockwork, b/c it's intended to take the system from 2.0.1 to 2.1. There are rooted "stock" 2.1's out there, but they're basically just ROMs. Plus, then you're rooted, and won't receive the 2.2 OTA, likely anyway. So, unless I'm wrong, that's why we have to go all the way back to 2.0.1.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This did not work for me...RSD Lite gave me an error that said failed to flash rom failed to re-enumerate. What is this about?

Moose - google that error message. Also, search that phrase in the forum. I don't remember exactly what could cause that, but I've seen it before and seen it fixed. Try and follow THESE instructions, which you probably already did. There are little things that rsdlite doesn't like... if you're using a USB drive that's not USB 2.0 (try another one on your computer). Windows 7 64 bit... rsdlite doesn't like it, it's very finicky. Those are two off the top of my head... but search a little deeper on this forum and you should find a solution. I'd do it myself, but it's my wife's birthday so I need to get off this computer. ;)

Napoleon85

Reaction score
By flashing back to 2.0.1 .sbf file, you also go back to the stock bootloader, therefore allowing the 2.2 OTA update to even happen. I don't believe there is another way to do that.

Yes, I understand that. I was just curious why we're loading 2.0.1 and doing an OTA (or manual) update to 2.1 to get the OTA update to 2.2. Why can't you push 2.1 back on the phone and then get the 2.2 OTA update?

Sorry, I missed this and never answered.

I've never tried it, but I don't believe the stock 2.1 .zip file will flash using anything but the stock recovery, as opposed to sprecovery or clockwork, b/c it's intended to take the system from 2.0.1 to 2.1. There are rooted "stock" 2.1's out there, but they're basically just ROMs. Plus, then you're rooted, and won't receive the 2.2 OTA, likely anyway. So, unless I'm wrong, that's why we have to go all the way back to 2.0.1.

Thanks, I think I get it now.

Also, fwiw I just went back to stock for kicks and grins and I'm going to see if I ever get the OTA update to 2.1. Just out of curiosity, is there something that makes this happen/not happen? I know you can force it but I'd like to see if it goes to 2.1 or straight to 2.2.

Napoleon85

Reaction score
Still no 2.1 update ... going to go ahead and force it.

I'm curious, has anyone done this and actually gotten the OTA 2.1 or 2.2 updates? I see a lot of people coming back and saying it never happened but nobody confirming it worked properly. If this is the case I have some doubts as to whether this SBF truly takes the phone back to a stock state.

Also, did Google move the download for the 2.1 update? All the links to Google servers that I have found here have been broken.