SBrecovery problems

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I am new to this forum, but in deep need of help. I have the Motorola Droid. Last week, I thought it would be cool to root my phone. I used easyroot and it said that it didn't, but it wasn't showing any super user settings. I then read that the 2.2 with the build update that I had just received didn't work with easyroot. I then saw some recommendations to install the SBrecovery. I did this and installed per this thread

Download the following file:
RS-Files > navigate to the sbf folder and grab SPRecovery_for_ese81.sbf
Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
Select DeviceId Options
Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.1 phone with SPRecovery installed.

After I did this, my phone went funky and continues to come on and off. I am worried that I really screwed up my phone. There is a red battery with a line through it and it just says android system and continues to shut off and on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this and any help would be great.

Thanks,

Brent

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like you flashed SPRecovery for ESE81 when you were on froyo..

do you want a ROM or just rooted 2.2?

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Right now, I would like to be able to access my phone again. It looks like since I did it, it has locked my battery. It won't charge and I can't use it. It continuously reboots. My intention was to go back to 2.1 so that I could root my phone. I appreciate your feedback. If you can provide me a step by step to get it working again, I would be greatly appreciative.

Brent

J

Johnly

Considering your account, sp recovery had nothing to do with it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you get to the bootloader? (Power + up on dpad)

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
When I load the bootloader it says that the battery is low and it won't allow me to program. It all started when I loaded the SBrecovery on the phone. I have the phone plugged in but it continuously shuts on and off and says that there is a system error.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Plug your droid into a wall charger for a few hours then report back. As Abe said, "looks like you flashed SPRecovery for ESE81 when you were on froyo.." so this is not a sprecovery problem it's user error. Regardless, nothing can be done without jacking your droid up until your battery is fully charged.

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
Corina,

I will. After it is charged, what is the next step? I am a newbee at this and appreciate everyone's help.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Because you stated, "There is a red battery with a line through it and it just says android system and continues to shut off and on", I can't say until we see what happens when your droid is charged. Let it charge for a few hours then post back its behavior. Don't worry dude, it's all gonna be ok :D

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I charged my phone all night and it still says bootloader 2c.7c battery low cannot program. When it starts the battery is red and it has a line through it. Is there anything that I can load onto the SD card to get it going in the right direction? Thanks again for everyone's help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I charged my phone all night and it still says bootloader 2c.7c battery low cannot program. When it starts the battery is red and it has a line through it. Is there anything that I can load onto the SD card to get it going in the right direction? Thanks again for everyone's help.

What are you charging it with, the charger it came with or the USB? Use the charger it came with. If you are using the charger then it could be either the charger or the battery. There is nothing you can load unto the SD card, that has nothing to do with start up. SD card doesn't start up until the phone does.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think you're going to need to take a trip to Verizon and buy a new battery before we can do anything.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can replace the battery under warranty, I know I would hate to have to buy a new one

OP
B

Brent Bro

Reaction score
I had it charging all night with the motorola charger that it came with and it hasn't charged at all. It is almost like the battery won't charge now since yesterday.