2.2 Install Failed!!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trionlaw, I think you should take a few minutes and look at the different 2.2 (Froyo)roms available. There are quite a few. Once you decide, I will be glad to step you through the install.

I've installed Succulent Desire, Bugless Beast, Simply Stunning, and Sapphire. Each rom has it's own characteristics. The beauty of being rooted you can change from one to another.

Mike

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are multiple Froyo based ROMs which certainly will add to the 'list' of threads you saw.

For the most part, everything is contained in each developers section.

The Adobe Flash player is a separate download (.apk format) that will not be included in any ROM but can easily be installed :)

Just make sure you follow installation steps to a 't'!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I too use Sapphire as my personal driver. I have bounced around to several different ROMs and IMO Sapphire right now seems to be the most stable.

What do you have on your phone right now?? Do you have SPRecovery or Clockwork Mod?? Each ROM installs differently especially when you are talking about SPRecovery or CWM.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I have found Sapphire.I think I will start with it.thank you.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trionlaw, I think you should take a few minutes and look at the different 2.2 (Froyo)roms available. There are quite a few. Once you decide, I will be glad to step you through the install.

I've installed Succulent Desire, Bugless Beast, Simply Stunning, and Sapphire. Each rom has it's own characteristics. The beauty of being rooted you can change from one to another.

Mike
+1 to this.

I merely mentioned what I use daily and I just happen to think DE is sweet.

As I stated, there are MANY choices for ROMs... you really can't go wrong.

Do look around, some have different themes, colors, options etc.

And with help offered to guide you through it all by mwhartman and whoever else from the RS who might be in... you're well on your way to Froyo dancedroid

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I don't know it I have SPRecovery. I tried to install it today and it got to a point where it told me to power us the phone after saying it had executed 100%.so I hit the power button. It sat there in progress for at least 20 minutes. I finally shut Lite down and it told me it had not installed. I do have ROM manager installed.

Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks RS.... the rescue squad IMO, is still one of the best things about DF.

Always willing to help.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mike if you guys get stuck I am here as well, just pm me and I will jump in. Don't forget to give him the gapps link and possibly the market hack link. I am sure you won't but had to say it anyways. hehehehe

D.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know it I have SPRecovery. I tried to install it today and it got to a point where it told me to power us the phone after saying it had executed 100%.so I hit the power button. It sat there in progress for at least 20 minutes. I finally shut Lite down and it told me it had not installed. I do have ROM manager installed.

Thanks.

Okay you can do one of two things....... If you have RM installed (both the free and the paid versions) you can either flash Clockwork Mod (at the top in RM) or down towards the bottom is SPRecovery.

Once you do that we can move to the next step of getting the ROM installed.

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score

Thanks.

Okay you can do one of two things....... If you have RM installed (both the free and the paid versions) you can either flash Clockwork Mod (at the top in RM) or down towards the bottom is SPRecovery.

Once you do that we can move to the next step of getting the ROM installed.

So I am sure, do I need to download the paid version of ROM?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
D, I'm passing to you. I'm here if you need me.

Mike

OP
T

Trionalaw

Reaction score
I have to be the smaltz of the month. I just looked at Sapphire and it seemed I have to put everything back to factory at some point. When I do, do I lose the ability to run at 1mhz?

Truly sorry to be so obtuse. I had thought I was adopted from a minimum gene pool but found birth certificate. Parents were siblings.

Thanks so much.

jim