2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
If 1000 updates went out I would find it hard to believe that not a single person wouldn't have got on the internet and talked about it in a forum. I will agree however that the distribution amount makes sense. Only a small amount of Droid owners would receive it, not everybody.

We have sources here as well and its my understanding that it was delayed however it could be started again this evening.

Only 1000 of over 1 million Motorola Droids sold received the first wave of the update. Statistically, there's not much chance that even one of those 1000 users ever reads a Droid forum.

I know several people I know with Droids and I'm the only one who reads the Droid forums. Most people could care less.

Everyone who has ever registered and/or posted on a droid forum has probably been tracked down by VZW and excluded from the first trial wave of updates so the file would not be posted and manually updated...:icon_ devil:

korky122

Reaction score
i know one thing that is offical. i wont be excited until i see it updating on my phone. how many false alarms can there be.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
I don't really know what to believe anymore. First i heard that the update was delayed for however long. Then i saw on vzw's twitter page that there was no update with the delay and that it was to continute rolling out. But on motorola's facebook page it says that there was a problem. I guess i can wait another week or two if it was really delayed. If it wasn't, ill be looking forward to this :D

huskur

Reaction score
Going to bed here in lower slower delaware also. Just hope to wake up to the triangle........not holding my breath though

slinky

Reaction score
Unless it provides fixes that make using the phone work far more efficiently than it does now, e.g. no lock screen during calls, a phone icon docked to pull up the phone app, I'm not excited. 2.1 means nothing but gimmicky BS. I saw Google's Goggles coming "preloaded" as a feature. Are the people at Motorola drinking heavily again? I mean seriously, this has to be one of the world's most pathetic "updates" I've ever seen. I was excited until I saw how pish poor the list of "exciting new features" were included.

How about a miniscule amount of improvement in the horrible media player that doesn't even show a section for video and treats it like an MP3 file?

Yeeesh... it better be far better than the garbage they listed or this update can wait until they actually work for a living at Moto.

YA123

Reaction score
ok WHY THE BALLS IS THIS THING SO HARD TO GET UPDATES OUT!!!!!!! freaking motorola

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Seems like the party is officially over.......or at least postpones until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.