2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score

slinky

Reaction score
ok WHY THE BALLS IS THIS THING SO HARD TO GET UPDATES OUT!!!!!!! freaking motorola

Rumor has it that Motorola was having a difficult time providing it's most important feature - Google's Goggles - to be preloaded on the phone. This is a very, very desireable feature and was listed right at the top. Combining that with live wallpapers was a lot to get out in several month's time.

cuskit

Reaction score
Don't worry - I'm working through the night - I'll keep a vigil! Please - everyone post their phone numbers so that I can call and wake all of you the second it's pushed out! :icon_ devil::icon_ banana: mikey

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would rather not be woken up for an ota, but thanks. Besides some people will listen to him :)icon_ devil:) and take the number I post on here to call and say its here when it really isn't. Im good, I will check in the morning.

Googleaddict

Reaction score
ok WHY THE BALLS IS THIS THING SO HARD TO GET UPDATES OUT!!!!!!! freaking motorola

Rumor has it that Motorola was having a difficult time providing it's most important feature - Google's Goggles - to be preloaded on the phone. This is a very, very desireable feature and was listed right at the top. Combining that with live wallpapers was a lot to get out in several month's time.

Lol this made me laugh :p

drgonzo

Reaction score
Fwiw. My wife came up on renew date today. Naturally, we put her into a Droid - her first data phone. What a way to get spoiled, right? Anyway, I digress.

Asked the dude at the kiosk about the upgrade...he immediately shook his head, discussed the email they received today that discussed the canceling of the push and stated loudly enough that his co-worker could hear him that he couldn't discuss any further details. I damn near reached over the counter and started looking for the email.

Meh. Everyone has a different story. His statement, and I quote 'It has been canceled for now...'.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
Just read the new info in the OP.

Well, what are ya gonna do? Really?

I'll check back, oh, say, Monday or Tuesday for another confirmation the the update is coming out "soon".......

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The dark side is calling you....<Darth Vader voice>"root, I am your future...."</Darth Vader voice>.

yungdinero

Reaction score
I'm about to lose hope in this OTA stuff and start rooting like I probably should have a long time ago...
Does anyone know what happens if you update (assuming it eventually shows up) on a rooted phone?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'm about to lose hope in this OTA stuff and start rooting like I probably should have a long time ago...
Does anyone know what happens if you update (assuming it eventually shows up) on a rooted phone?

The rivers run red, the oceans boil, the sky turns dark, and your cat gets pregnant...from your dog.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Oh, and you end up with a bunch of root required apps that don't work. So disable OTA.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm surprised people compare Droidmod to actually having the ese2.1 roms that are out there. Big difference. Droidmod is simply a 2.0.1 rom with some 2.1 stuff put in. Not nearly as nice as the actual 2.1 roms that have recently been available. Try Bugless Beast or Blackdroid Ultimate rom and then see what you think.....

Man am I glad I did not go back to stock in prep of this OTA.

Why is that? First going back to stock is not giving yourself a post phone. Stock Droid is a great phone. I think I like it better then Droidmod. It took me two minutes to get back to stock and about 5 minutes to root and install droidmod.

Trust me I don't regret it at all.

stdesign

Reaction score
I have to laugh a little at this.

Yeah... It was about 2:00 when I'd just remembered that there was supposed to be an update to day at noon. I was waiting in the car for my wife and I cranked up Engadget just to get an update. The comments there have been hilarious, but I'm glad that you guys here haven't disappointed me either (complete with video and all :) ) . It's a comedy of errors, and it isn't costing us anything but a good laugh, and a little let down here and there ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.