2.1 ESE53 will be Official Release on the VZW Motorola Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
im just curious as to why a guy on his couch in detroit can build a better rom quicker than they can build a better update? im not hatin im just sayin.

Because piecing roms together is not the same as building an update from source that has to be as bugfree as possible for ~1 million people?

Just sayin.

Isaiah

Reaction score
im just curious as to why a guy on his couch in detroit can build a better rom quicker than they can build a better update? im not hatin im just sayin.

Well the guy in detroit doesn't have to build a perfect OS, because he only deploys it to what, maybe 2 thousand people? and the people who install it didn't buy it from him... so he has no responsibility for the wellbeing of their phones. Not to mention that the amount of errors in 1 million would be significantly higher than 2 thousand...

nerdkill

Reaction score
this entire thing is so insane. i don't even care about the stupid update anymore as there are so many roms out there that are more fun to play with anyways. the problem i see is the incompetence of motorola. there is no way it should be this complicated to push out a small update that a bunch of 14 year old kids are able to push pretty well so quickly after they have access to the information. i'm not really dissatisfied with my droid, but i'll never purchase a non-google android phone ever again.

If you REALLY don't care about the update, why're you in an UPDATE thread???

if you were able to read you would understand that i'm interested in the update as far as the incompetence of motorola is concerned. i'm also interested in how angry people are about for a couple reasons. one is how ridiculous people are considering how miniscule the update is. second i think this is more then just an update, this is a major problem for android and the future of android. something has to be done to streamline this process or people are going to start walking away from android due to the fact there is no stability and nobody knows when their phone is going to be obsolete. so that's what i REALLY care about and why i'm in the UPDATE thread.

kudos on using caps to show emphasis and sarcasm. i use bananas. :icon_ banana:

Isaiah

Reaction score
this entire thing is so insane. i don't even care about the stupid update anymore as there are so many roms out there that are more fun to play with anyways. the problem i see is the incompetence of motorola. there is no way it should be this complicated to push out a small update that a bunch of 14 year old kids are able to push pretty well so quickly after they have access to the information. i'm not really dissatisfied with my droid, but i'll never purchase a non-google android phone ever again.

If you REALLY don't care about the update, why're you in an UPDATE thread???

if you were able to read you would understand that i'm interested in the update as far as the incompetence of motorola is concerned. i'm also interested in how angry people are about for a couple reasons. one is how ridiculous people are considering how miniscule the update is. second i think this is more then just an update, this is a major problem for android and the future of android. something has to be done to streamline this process or people are going to start walking away from android due to the fact there is no stability and nobody knows when their phone is going to be obsolete. so that's what i REALLY care about and why i'm in the UPDATE thread.

kudos on using caps to show emphasis and sarcasm. i use bananas. :icon_ banana:

...soo... you do care about the update... cool.:icon_ banana:

JCo352

Reaction score

Because the guy on his couch in Detroit doesn't have his ROM going to every single DROID in the country. He doesn't have to answer phone calls all day long when one little thing force closes. Motorola and Verizon want it to be as perfect as possible.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Lulz, you think Motorola is the one messing this up.

i do think it's motorola messing this up. i don't remember at&t ever holding back any updates and i'm pretty sure there's more iphones out there and that verizon has a better network. maybe it is verizon, but i just don't see it. lulz @ lulz, who types that? :heart:

People who type lulz type it because it fits a ridiculous post ;)

1. This is not ATT.
2. Motorola is not Apple, and does not code the software. I am almost certain that Apple does not bend over for ATT for software approval either.
3. VZW made the choice to take this long in testing, and to turn down previous builds.
4. Its VZW that gives the go ahead for OTA.
5. Motorola has been providing builds for almost two months now to Verizon with them turning up their nose.

So, hmmm, who is the party that is at fault for this update being delayed.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should sleep on that one....its not entirely clear....maybe....VERIZON?

if that's true it's very interesting. how do you know all of that? proof?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i do think it's motorola messing this up. i don't remember at&t ever holding back any updates and i'm pretty sure there's more iphones out there and that verizon has a better network. maybe it is verizon, but i just don't see it. lulz @ lulz, who types that? :heart:

1. This is not ATT.
2. Motorola is not Apple, and does not code the software. I am almost certain that Apple does not bend over for ATT for software approval either.
3. VZW made the choice to take this long in testing, and to turn down previous builds.
5. Motorola has been providing builds for almost two months now to Verizon with them turning up their nose.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should sleep on that one....its not entirely clear....maybe....VERIZON?

I refuse to google for you. All of that is easy to come by knowledge.

masters

Reaction score
Tired of waiting for Verizon's hit or miss 2.1 update, going to install UD v7.8 and chevy 1.2ghz kernel.

Anyone think thats a bad idea?

HORRIBLE IDEA.. don't do it, If you ever want to use the actual stock 2.1 you will be completely spoiled by UD7.8 or any of the ESE53 Roms..

Ever since I started using Roms especially the ESE53 UD rom, I have witnessed speed and stability that no buggy 2.0.1 could ever provide..

d=-)

nerdkill

Reaction score

1. This is not ATT.

I refuse to google for you. All of that is easy to come by knowledge.

how about just one link. do you always get so upset with the internets?

slinky

Reaction score

Well the guy in detroit doesn't have to build a perfect OS, because he only deploys it to what, maybe 2 thousand people? and the people who install it didn't buy it from him... so he has no responsibility for the wellbeing of their phones. Not to mention that the amount of errors in 1 million would be significantly higher than 2 thousand...

I hate to break it to you but the guy on his couch built a better OS for millions of people... and it works... yet these clowns can't even get the simple things right. It's called bureaucracy.

Politics and incompetence at highest levels. Many times corporate departments will deliberately fiddle faddle with things for months so that expectations are set as low as possible. Bonus levels could be reached if they actually worked more than 50% of the time they spent in the office.

Let's see if they actually fixed the SMS "hours ago/yesterday" bug that plagues the SMS area of the phone.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I hate to break it to you but the guy on his couch built a better OS for millions of people... and it works... yet these clowns can't even get the simple things right. It's called bureaucracy.

Politics and incompetence at highest levels. Many times corporate departments will deliberately fiddle faddle with things for months so that expectations are set as low as possible. Bonus levels could be reached if they actually worked more than 50% of the time they spent in the office.

Let's see if they actually fixed the SMS "hours ago/yesterday" bug that plagues the SMS area of the phone.

The guy on his couch didn't build anything. Compiling a kernel takes about 15 minutes give or take. Thats about the most 'building' the rom cooks out there do, with some very FEW exceptions.

JCo352

Reaction score

The guy on his couch didn't build anything. Compiling a kernel takes about 15 minutes give or take. Thats about the most 'building' the rom cooks out there do, with some very FEW exceptions.
Don't even waste your time responding to slinky, he takes every chance he can to dog motorola or the droid, I honestly don't know ehy he has one

Status
Not open for further replies.