[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

droidxchat

Reaction score
drod/sephtin

I flashed to rubix focused 1.0, rebooted twice, then flashed xpired 1.1. It's working beautifully except for one problem:

i'm getting a wierd market force close, here are the times that it happens:

1) on boot up
2) whenever anything is installed or uninstalled (both the installation/uninstallation completes anyway)
3) about 5 seconds after the first FC (i.e., the FC's happen in pairs, with the second happening 5 sec after the first)

according to logs:

Code:
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): Writing exception to parcel
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: writing com.google.android.gsf.settings.GoogleSettingsProvider uri content://com.google.settings/partner from pid=2116, uid=10006 requires com.google.android.providers.settings.permission.WRITE_GSETTINGS
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.enforceWritePermission(ContentProvider.java:325)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java:173)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:168)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:304)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

Tried fix permissions in both jrummy overclock app, and rom manager. No change. Also tried reflashing (which is part of Xpired 1.1) XMarket.zip, still to no avail.

I'm not saying that its a rubix focused issue, because clearly its unique to me right now so it must be something I did during my configuration. Would you happen to have any ideas of how i could fix it without a reflash? Thanks for your help.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I have had no issues with the home double tap on Quick Desk using it with ADW on rubiX...

But I have heard of some issues with the double tap. What launcher you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Using LauncherPro Paid version (LPP), which I like really only b/c of how blazing fast it is, and the calendar widget. I did also try going to ADW, no success. Do you have any special settings? EDIT: Err, I'd like to just see if I can get this working at all: forget special settings, if you have a minute would you just tell me what your ADW and QD settings are? I have ADW re-installed now...

Here is what was suggested to me by FSRBIKER... Checked swap home key box, adjusted double tap to 900. QD opens on one click, home on 2 slow clicks

Seems to be working great after I set those

notw53

Reaction score
Does anyone have the stock messaging apk? I think that's why I can't send or receive picture messages anymore.

sephtin

Reaction score
drod/sephtin

I flashed to rubix focused 1.0, rebooted twice, then flashed xpired 1.1. It's working beautifully except for one problem:

i'm getting a wierd market force close, here are the times that it happens:

1) on boot up
2) whenever anything is installed or uninstalled (both the installation/uninstallation completes anyway)
3) about 5 seconds after the first FC (i.e., the FC's happen in pairs, with the second happening 5 sec after the first)

according to logs:

Code:
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): Writing exception to parcel
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: writing com.google.android.gsf.settings.GoogleSettingsProvider uri content://com.google.settings/partner from pid=2116, uid=10006 requires com.google.android.providers.settings.permission.WRITE_GSETTINGS
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.enforceWritePermission(ContentProvider.java:325)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProvider$Transport.insert(ContentProvider.java:173)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.content.ContentProviderNative.onTransact(ContentProviderNative.java:168)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:304)
E/DatabaseUtils( 1366): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

Tried fix permissions in both jrummy overclock app, and rom manager. No change. Also tried reflashing (which is part of Xpired 1.1) XMarket.zip, still to no avail.

I'm not saying that its a rubix focused issue, because clearly its unique to me right now so it must be something I did during my configuration. Would you happen to have any ideas of how i could fix it without a reflash? Thanks for your help.

Have you wiped data and cache for the market app?
Menu> Applications> Manage applications> all tab> market>
force stop, wipe data, wipe cache, then try again?

Jedb

Reaction score
Well I tried using rom manager on rubix 1.0 but it said I need to mount sd card... But when I went to settings to mount my sd card it was greyed out... Any help on how to mount it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

n0m0n

Reaction score
Can anyone help me understand why now the gallery and all other apps that use pictures only see half my picture folders now?

All were being sen earlier this day and now only a few

Any directions?

Thanks

I have now found that if I choose Astro manager I can see and choose all my pics ' folders.
So Gallery isn't seeing all my pics/folders on the SDCard

Last edited:

droidxchat

Reaction score
Sephtin- yup, that was the first thing I tried. No good. Also, someone suggested I uninstall market updates through manage apps, but I don't have the option.

Also, im sorry if this had been asked before, but how can I get "Me" in the messaging app to be tied to my facebook acct? I.e to auto update my pic?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AesirX

Reaction score
Drod, you are the man. This release is absolutely fantastic. I'm looking forward to the next release, but I honestly don't know what could be added (except maybe a battery monitor that doesn't crash, but I think that's Moto's fault).

Also, I made a theme, YaBBM (Yet another Black Bar Mod). Its a modification of JSinLegacy's excellent Black Bar Mod that, IMO, makes it a bit sleeker and elegant looking, incorporating elements from some other excellent themes. It could be added to the list of compatible themes, it seems to be perfectly stable (or don't :) )

n0m0n

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a folder called: mnt should be in the root of the device?
I noticed it and it only has a few of the pic folders and I think the apps are pulling form that instead of the SDCard.

Any ideas?

Thanks

mjsplicer78

Reaction score
Is there a non-blue fm radio app? i am going to a conference tomorrow and could use one to hear better. I suppose I can flashback to stock 2.2, but I'd rather not since stock SUX and Focused makes medancedroid:icon_ banana:

jaredb03

Reaction score
How do i get the stock 2.2 multi-touch keyboard with the voice to text back? I cant seem to find anything about getting it back.

sephtin

Reaction score
How do i get the stock 2.2 multi-touch keyboard with the voice to text back? I cant seem to find anything about getting it back.

So many keyboards, have them all mixed up...
To get voice search, make sure you have both the voice search, and google search apps from market installed... Then the byron will work...

If you have the AOSP keyboard, and aren't happy with it, try going into ROM Manager, to drod's section, to the Change Options section, and try the non AOSP kbd...

sephtin

Reaction score
Is there a non-blue fm radio app? i am going to a conference tomorrow and could use one to hear better. I suppose I can flashback to stock 2.2, but I'd rather not since stock SUX and Focused makes medancedroid:icon_ banana:

If you have the FM Radio app working with Focused 1.0, please let us know how, I don't believe it works....

sephtin

Reaction score
Well I tried using rom manager on rubix 1.0 but it said I need to mount sd card... But when I went to settings to mount my sd card it was greyed out... Any help on how to mount it?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Either disconnect your USB cable, or change the mode to"charge only"

sephtin

Reaction score
Sephtin- yup, that was the first thing I tried. No good. Also, someone suggested I uninstall market updates through manage apps, but I don't have the option.

Also, im sorry if this had been asked before, but how can I get "Me" in the messaging app to be tied to my facebook acct? I.e to auto update my pic?

For the market issue, if it e won't straighten itself out I guys you can reinstall Focused, just don't wipe data/cache

To link profiles, select one of them, go to Menu, and look for join... It will JOIN then however...

Edit: bleh my swype-fu SUCKS. :( Leaving the post, as I think everyone gets the gist of it.. I need to learn to re-read after swyping stuff... :S

Last edited: