[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

sephtin

Reaction score
just applied your unoffical patch. it does apply the lockscreen control but when choosing audio effects it acts like a back button.
its suppose to be settings/sound/adjust media effects. but there is no media effects... ??

in media effects it lets you adjust with a plug in and without a plug.

edit:after searching i came across a post with apks needed and not needed and i see 1 is "Media audio Effects 2.2" so i might try to install that and see what it does
so i got it. it was an audioeffects.apk. i restored my rubix .5, copied it to sd. restoried 1.0 placed in system/apps, set permission. reboot. voila! now i can equalize the sound and skip through ym lockscreen. BALLIN!!

Glad this worked!
I'll add this as a patch.. or perhaps add it to the Music.apk patch.. ? Figure something out..

but i do have another quest now. i have switchpro and my screen brightness is 30>50>100. i keep it on 30 most of the time unless i need the brightness. everytime i reboot the phone it seems to automatically set it to 50. any idea?

I won't have time to try to recreate this.. but I also use switch pro. I believe something similar has been reported in the past, I'll make sure drod is aware, and try to look at it myself as well... (I will also be adding it to the list of things to test in the next versions.. :)

Question:
Where are you seeing the actual brightness # that it's currently set to.. I don't see that in switchpro! :(

Last edited:

jr1125

Reaction score
just applied your unoffical patch. it does apply the lockscreen control but when choosing audio effects it acts like a back button.
its suppose to be settings/sound/adjust media effects. but there is no media effects... ??

in media effects it lets you adjust with a plug in and without a plug.

edit:after searching i came across a post with apks needed and not needed and i see 1 is "Media audio Effects 2.2" so i might try to install that and see what it does
so i got it. it was an audioeffects.apk. i restored my rubix .5, copied it to sd. restoried 1.0 placed in system/apps, set permission. reboot. voila! now i can equalize the sound and skip through ym lockscreen. BALLIN!!

Glad this worked!
I'll add this as a patch.. or perhaps add it to the Music.apk patch.. ? Figure something out..

but i do have another quest now. i have switchpro and my screen brightness is 30>50>100. i keep it on 30 most of the time unless i need the brightness. everytime i reboot the phone it seems to automatically set it to 50. any idea?

I won't have time to try to recreate this.. but I also use switch pro. I believe something similar has been reported in the past, I'll make sure drod is aware, and try to look at it myself as well... (I will also be adding it to the list of things to test in the next versions.. :)

Question:
Where are you seeing the actual brightness # that it's currently set to.. I don't see that in switchpro! :(

in the screen where you can choose what you want for your switches, its the last 1 that says option at the bottom. click that then ur able to choose the diff settings for brightness. its like 10-100 plus auto. make sure you select them in the order you want cuz u can select 10, 100, then 50.and itll go jsut in that order.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Otherwise EVERYONE would be having the issue. And honestly at the moment you are the ONLY one having that issue.

Well, not from what I have read. A good number of people are having the same issue.

Now, there is obviously definitely NOT any type of battery drain issue with the ROM....

And you are absolutely, positively, most definitely sure of this??? I'm a programmer and I know how it goes. QA and use case testing gets the lowest priority, unfortunately.

Listen, I believe you. I think this ROM does work for the majority of people. But something is going on. I've eliminated all the usual suspects with this install. I fought it for a week. Maybe its my particular hardware, I dunno. I will say that I have not tried to install this immediately after a SBF. I may try that next and report back. Again, the speed of this ROM made it hard to go back but I could not solve the battery issue.

Battery life is a weird one.. it seems to be hit or miss for some, but also, the meter in the notification bar isn't accurate at all in this release. Hopefully you'll see better life in the next release, which will be coming very soon.

notw53

Reaction score
Otherwise EVERYONE would be having the issue. And honestly at the moment you are the ONLY one having that issue.

Well, not from what I have read. A good number of people are having the same issue.

Now, there is obviously definitely NOT any type of battery drain issue with the ROM....

And you are absolutely, positively, most definitely sure of this??? I'm a programmer and I know how it goes. QA and use case testing gets the lowest priority, unfortunately.

Listen, I believe you. I think this ROM does work for the majority of people. But something is going on. I've eliminated all the usual suspects with this install. I fought it for a week. Maybe its my particular hardware, I dunno. I will say that I have not tried to install this immediately after a SBF. I may try that next and report back. Again, the speed of this ROM made it hard to go back but I could not solve the battery issue.

Battery life is a weird one.. it seems to be hit or miss for some, but also, the meter in the notification bar isn't accurate at all in this release. Hopefully you'll see better life in the next release, which will be coming very soon.

Just a thought on the battery life issue. When I first installed the ROM, I was running JuiceDefender still and noticed my battery life sucked. So I turned it off just to see if it made a difference, and my battery life has been phenomenal since dancedroid. So if anyone with battery issues is running any kind of battery management application aside from what drod put in rubiX, try disabling or uninstalling, reboot and see if it makes a difference.

P.S. I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me an idea as to why my picture messaging hasn't been working ever since I started running flyX and now rubiX Focused. I can't send or receive them. I use Handcent, not the stock application.

GTvert90

Reaction score
For the pic messaging it happened for no reason on my eris back then. Had to factory reset. Just a thought

Sent from my Droid X w/ Fission via Tapatalk

notw53

Reaction score
For the pic messaging it happened for no reason on my eris back then. Had to factory reset. Just a thought

Sent from my Droid X w/ Fission via Tapatalk

Considering all the time I've put into my ROM, theme and everything else, that would absolutely suck. Thanks for the info though, I'll make that my last resort.

Tanass

Reaction score
Question

has anyone chose the 8mp cam while installing and then decided to go with the other option after a few days (focused camera option).. i went in to rom manger and reflashed with no wipe like it said but i still have the 8mp camera.. ?

sephtin

Reaction score
has anyone chose the 8mp cam while installing and then decided to go with the other option after a few days (focused camera option).. i went in to rom manger and reflashed with no wipe like it said but i still have the 8mp camera.. ?

Hmm, the other option was the 5MP camera. I may have just set the 5MP to "". .. which would do nothing. Because it's essentially the same camera as 8MP, only without the 8MP setting, and the 720P video recording option. :p

I'll check RM settings later.. the reason there's an option at all in ROM Manager for Camera, is that, before the 8MP camera was available, the blur camera was in there.. so you DID have an option.... Now (as per drod) the only camera supported, is the AOSP camera.. If you want the default back, just change camera to 5MP, and video off of 720P settings, and you have it.

210droid

Reaction score
hey guys..im a newbie and trying to install my first rom. this one sound cool. just did a backup in clockwork recovery. already dwnloaded rubiXFocused1.0.zip and move to root of SD card. Now,do i "wipe data/factory reset" and then install zip from SD Card???? your help is greatly appreciated!!

sephtin

Reaction score
hey guys..im a newbie and trying to install my first rom. this one sound cool. just did a backup in clockwork recovery. already dwnloaded rubiXFocused1.0.zip and move to root of SD card. Now,do i "wipe data/factory reset" and then install zip from SD Card???? your help is greatly appreciated!!

instructions in first post.
That should do the trick though. :)
Let us know if you have any troubles installing!

210droid

Reaction score
do i need to get rom manager? currently, i got DX Bootstrap, root manager,on 2.2 OTA, deodexed with root.

coolj478

Reaction score
For what its worth this my battery life experience. Whenever I restart my phone I get double cell standby time and 50% is always without signal. I put the phone into airplane mode for a minute and then its cool.

Overall I think battery life is a little worse than stock. I run no battery saving tools, task killers, watch dog, juice defender, etc. I installed this over stock and run no themes. I am not overclocked.

If there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot the cell standby issue or the battery life let me know. Overall I am loving this rom. Thanks!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just wanted to drop in and say great work, ROM runs smooth!

Rooting.Noob

Reaction score
Please HELPP pleaseee! Moto splash screen frozen

Ok so I have the Droid X. Flashed over the flyx rom last night. Everything worked fine. But read on here about the rubiX 1.0 focused. So i wanted to try it out. So i downloaded the zip using rom manager. Following the intstructions given I attempted to flash to this. Now I am new to this kind of operation OBVIOUSLY. Downloaded the zip. rebooted to clock work recovery, wiped the data and cache did the system format and data format and cache format. and then went to go install from sd. but i couldnt find the file. So i turned it off thinking it would reboot and i could try to locate the file. but it didnt. Ive been stuck on the moto splash screen. I tried the battery pull over 15x. I tried reading on how to flash back but I just cant seem to get it to work idk why?! I used the 2.2 sdf file in RSD Lite and that didnt work idk why. Im literally FREAKING OUT and hoping someone here can be of GREAT help. I dont even care about the stock froyo! Even if theres a way to put RubiX 1.0 on it thats fine. I just want it back and working. PLEASSSEEE!

S

scrub175

dumb question here... I have not done the OTA update. If I did I would still be able to flash this rom with updated kernel and radio? my only fail safe would be to use the proper 2.2 sbf after the OTA until the bootloader signature is (like the d2 a few nights ago) changed then we would be stuck again until the new sbf corresponding to the new bootloader was leaked. Right?

I was curious on what the new radio and kernel would do performance wise. anyone run the new OTA stuff with this rom if it's possible to be done.