rubiX Blurry 1.8 for those who don't like to see straight...

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
rubiX Blurry 1.8

YOU MUST BE ON 2.3.340 OTA FOR THIS TO WORK
ALSO NOTE: IF YOU INSTALLED THE NEW TRANQUILITY, THE TOOLBOX WILL INSTALL UNLESS YOU SBF BEFORE INSTALL. THIS IS TRUE FOR ANY ROM, NOT JUST RUBIX.

IF YOU USED THE NEW SCRIPT, YOU MUST REBOOT AFTER INSTALL AND INITIAL SETUP
• This script runs on first boot to scan the SDCard rubiX Folder for apps. If they are there, it copies them to /data/app and corrects their permissions. Reboot for this to take effect.

YOU MUST wipe data before install. You CANNOT come from any other rom, or previous Blurry, and expect to not boot loop.

Changelog:

• SMART One-Click Overclock App (QuickClock for rubiX) (Credit to Paul Anderson’s amazing work!)
    • * This is a very brilliant OC app. It configures specifically for your device, and OC’s to the BEST value, and voltage settings for your phone.
    • **If your max speed turns out to be <1100, it will only overclock to 1100. This is for the sake of Overclocking, and the safety of your device to not push it higher.

• 2.3.340 Base
    • Edited tweaks for better battery consumption
    • Market apps install to data on first boot
    • SCRIPTS!
    *SCRIPTS: Credit to Fabulous, JRummy, Sephtin and myself.
    adblock: block or view ads
    apps: run the script for directions. If you choose restore, you must reboot after for it to take effect
    backup: backs up all of your user apps. backup -bk is the correct way to run the script
    calc: remove/restore the calculator
    blurcar: remove/restore the blur car home app
    dxeye: remove/restore the DX LWP
    email: remove/restore the email app
    fixperm: fixes permissions (credit Koush)
    genie: remove/restore the news/weather app
    messaging: switch between the AOSP messaging app and the BLUR messaging app
    office: remove/restore QuickOffice: Please note that this is removed by default, and placed in /data/rubix run the script to restore.
    sys: write the system read/only (-ro) or read/write (-rw)
    zipalign_apks: zipaligns all the apps in system. Unnecessary since this is ran on every boot!

Updated sysctl and kernel tweaks. You guys will find this nice and speedy.

Change Log from 1.5.2
    • Tweaks further updated
    • Kernel tweaks. NO this is not a custom kernel, but I've found a way to tweak :)
    • SMART CPU tweaks (credit to myself and JRummy)

What does this mean? You can adjust your OC and the Sampling Rate and Up Threshold will adjust to your cpu speed and voltage settings accordingly.
    • Some blur removed (Clock widget, Weather Widget, News Widget, Photo Widget)
    • Custom Transitions (credit to Myn)
    • FINALLY compatible with setting OC at boot, it will no longer override my tweaks
    • Home screen redraws lessened (thanks to Beesley for the tweak)
    • Apps auto zipalign on boot (credit to me)

Change Log from 1.0
    • Updated to 2.2.1 Core system files
    • Tweaks tweaked
    • Code cleaned up
    • Bug fixes
    • Home Screen Memory Fix (credit to Beesley)
    • All apps optimized, zipaligned (since they were upgraded)
    • Security measures to benefit myself, do not harm you nor the rom experience at all (Thanks to JRummy for the advice)

Release Notes:
    Blurry 1.0:
    • Based off 2.3.15 (ota)
    • Completely deodexed, zipaligned, optimized, not like everyone else says, I mean it when I say optimized!
    • FULL Motorola Blur, get your social networking widgets and photo syncs!
    • Custom speed/battery tweaks
    • Internal task killer has been set a little more aggressive for better battery, stability, and speed
    • Tweaks to sysctl.conf (Credit to myself and Pete)
    • Market apps removed
    • Wallpapers installed to SDCard instead of in launcher!
    • Build.Prop mods (Credit to Beesley, edited by me)
    • Certain System files replaced with LATEST 2.2.1 source build apps (Calculator, Gmail, etc.)
    • Bloatware Removed
    • LOTS of free space in system! Over 100 mb! I can't remember the exact amount, i'll edit it in when I load it back up
    • Amazing Boot animations credit to WJD Designs!
    • Optional undervolt, type lowvolt.sh to run it
    Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
    su
    cpu.sh
    in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.
    BETA:
    Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
    Open DroidXBootstrapper
    Bootstrap Recovery
    Reboot Recovery
    Nandroid Backup (Just in case you don't want to keep my rom or something goes wrong)
    Wipe Data/Cache
    Install Zip From SDCard
    Select rubiXBlurry2.3.320.zip
    Select Yes
    Reboot System
    Enjoy

Download Link:
    http://bit.ly/eA328Y

Mirror:
    http://bit.ly/fFKiVs

The first boot will take a while, so be patient with it loading.

I am NOT responsible by any means for ANYTHING that may happen to your phone. Blame Motorola for locking the bootloader!

I'm a full time college student and a full time employee. If you like my work, please help me make my future in this possible by donating
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
First host is still uploading. Mirror is up, though

DMFA

Reaction score
sw8 thx :)

Been meaning to try Blurry for a while!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
Any compatible themes?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

puck3511

Reaction score
Downloading now man i cant wait to get this on my X... I love rubix..drod you THE MAN

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
For themes, any themes that work on other .340 blur based roms should work.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
SWEET! Drod is the man when it comes to Blurred ROMs. I stuck with 1.5.2 for the longest time. I think since it came out and havent switched ROMs since then! Shows how good this guys work is. Donation from me should be coming in.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
Well i found something peculiar. When i began to flash this ROM, the text that came before me said that I was flashing Focused 1.9.5. Even at the end it said, thanks for choosing rubiX Focused!. Idk if you overlooked this or if you mistakenly renamed 1.9.5 to Blurry 1.8 and uploaded it. What exactly just happened? Im pretty damn sure i opened the right one since it also said that it was opening the right zip.

Update

Well now that i rebooted the phone it appears to be Blurry. The phone info tells me its 1.8. So im thinking it might have been overlooked. Everyone makes mistakes. Now to hopefully find a working theme to mask this plain and lame blur look.

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well i found something peculiar. When i began to flash this ROM, the text that came before me said that I was flashing Focused 1.9.5. Even at the end it said, thanks for choosing rubiX Focused!. Idk if you overlooked this or if you mistakenly renamed 1.9.5 to Blurry 1.8 and uploaded it. What exactly just happened? Im pretty damn sure i opened the right one since it also said that it was opening the right zip.

Update

Well now that i rebooted the phone it appears to be Blurry. The phone info tells me its 1.8. So im thinking it might have been overlooked. Everyone makes mistakes. Now to hopefully find a working theme to mask this plain and lame blur look.

That DEFINITELY was overlooked.. thanks for pointing it out. None of my testers did :)

Growler48

Reaction score
Looking forward to trying this out. I have been using Liberty with a Serenity theme. Just to verify, I can use that same theme here since it's a .340 theme, right?

saxman

Reaction score
Is this gingerbread themed or will this have the stock blur white notification bar and whatnot?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Looking forward to trying this out. I have been using Liberty with a Serenity theme. Just to verify, I can use that same theme here since it's a .340 theme, right?

No, it must be a blur rom .340 theme.