rubiX Focused 1.9.7, back and better than ever

tonysam1

Reaction score
Yo guys, i have been on board the rubix bandwagon since 1.0 and have recently upgraded to rubix 1.9.7 (which i am extremely pleased with, excellent job droid2169 btw ;) ) but can't help to be disappointed that there is no gingerbread screen off animation... I found one reply that said it cannot be done due to the droidx's boot locker. Is it true that it is not possible? and if it is possible PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, droid2169, INCLUDED IT IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!!! It would be greatly appreciated.

i installed a 2.3 rom on a friend's original droid with the off screen animation and couldn't help but to be jealous as hell.

Tony

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yo guys, i have been on board the rubix bandwagon since 1.0 and have recently upgraded to rubix 1.9.7 (which i am extremely pleased with, excellent job droid2169 btw ;) ) but can't help to be disappointed that there is no gingerbread screen off animation... I found one reply that said it cannot be done due to the droidx's boot locker. Is it true that it is not possible? and if it is possible PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, droid2169, INCLUDED IT IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!!!!!!!! It would be greatly appreciated.

i installed a 2.3 rom on a friend's original droid with the off screen animation and couldn't help but to be jealous as hell.

Tony

The reason it hasn't been done yet, is it requires a (almost) complete re-write of framework, and is very complex to do from a source rom, much less one that I didn't compile the framework myself. Once myself, Team Phoenix, or cvpcs get gingerbread functionally running, you will have it.

tonysam1

Reaction score

Tony

The reason it hasn't been done yet, is it requires a (almost) complete re-write of framework, and is very complex to do from a source rom, much less one that I didn't compile the framework myself. Once myself, Team Phoenix, or cvpcs get gingerbread functionally running, you will have it.

Thank you for the explanation, keep up the good work man. We all appreciate everything you are doing.

shoobox

Reaction score
I also reverted back to the stock camera. It seems to be far superior to the android camera. This was the only drawback to installing this ROM.
I'll agree to disagree. I much prefer the AOSP cam to the stock cam...

Only issues I have with this rom:

1. Camera doesn't look like it will take 16:9 pictures

2. When in a call in landscape mode (in the car dock), the screen is in portrait (unlike when making a call with the stock dialer)

Otherwise I'm really enjoying it.

1) The stock camera has the following advantages over the AOSP camera:
-- WIDE screen pics (which are nothing more than 8MP pics, CROPPED down to 6MP. You don't GAIN anything, in fact, you LOSE part of the picture. :p Not an advantage in my eyes. :S
--Panaorama assist
--Control of the mic's in camcorder mode.
--Thumbnails are higher quality, more clear (which also takes up more space, and is slightly slower when sliding through them in gallery... which I HATE).

@shoobox- NOTHING in that list makes it superior to me.. let alone far superior :p
It's a preference thing... which is why Android is so great! There are choices!

2) From the dialer, go to menu-> preferences, scroll all the way to the bottom, and try "Enable sensor rotation"
It will let the dialer rotate, and if you press in the number field when in landscape, it will bring up a dialpad at least (I know, it's really not that great.. but it's something.)

If you want landscape dialing on a blurless ROM, currently the only decent solution available is a front-end dialer such as DialerOne, aContacts or others... grab them from the market.

I realize what you are trying to accomplish here, and have the utmost respect for you Sephtin. It just took me a moment to realize that what we all desire is to be free from the clutches of both Verizon and Moto. The fission camera is just a personal choice that I should have kept to myself. Thanj you for providing the link in your blog.

sephtin

Reaction score
I realize what you are trying to accomplish here, and have the utmost respect for you Sephtin. It just took me a moment to realize that what we all desire is to be free from the clutches of both Verizon and Moto. The fission camera is just a personal choice that I should have kept to myself. Thanj you for providing the link in your blog.

Sorry if I sounded harsh... :S Wasn't meant to be that way...

No worries.. and nah, no need at all that you shouldn't express your opinion...
I just (like I usually do.. heh) didn't agree that it's superior. Different, preferable in some scenarios, sure... but I don't think it superior... :)

I try to keep a pretty open mind... as is shown by my packaging and hosting patches for a few Blur items, etc.

S'all good. Glad you enjoy the patch, glad that I can help in some way!
That's what the community is all about!

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Disable Home Dock?

Ok, so I know how to disable Car Home Dock with script (or freeze with Ti), but how can I get the home dock to stop? I thought there was a dock.apk that you froze, but I can not find one. I never use the Multimedia part and I would rather just turn it off.

Any Ideas?

Also I looked at all the dock blocking applications on the market, but I would prefer to just block it by renaming the apk or something.

Thanks,

vaguhs

Reaction score
The only problem i have with 1.9.7 is when i add a new contact the "Create contact under window" pops up all the time. I have to choose my gmail all the time.

Is there a way you can select a default option.

Please fix. It is very annoying.
Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OREO62

Reaction score
PLZ PLZ PLZ someone help me!!!
I "successfullY" installed the ROM but when i went to reboot the phone, it keeps replaying the Rubix boot animation. It kept doing it for 15 minutes straight. I cant boot with recovery because the animation keeps popping up no matter what.
Someone HELP PLZ

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
PLZ PLZ PLZ someone help me!!!
I "successfullY" installed the ROM but when i went to reboot the phone, it keeps replaying the Rubix boot animation. It kept doing it for 15 minutes straight. I cant boot with recovery because the animation keeps popping up no matter what.
Someone HELP PLZ

I'm no expert but I saw your post and on this thread you may not have someone else see it for awhile. It is not a a troubleshooting thread. So the first thing to do is,(I'm borrowing this from one of the really helpful people on the droid forums) is take a deep breath and don't panic. Hurrying to do '' can cause more problems.
What type phone?
Are you backed uup with a nandroid file?

I have a Droid x and assuming you are backed up, Iwould do a battery pull, wait a few minutes and try to retry. If it works fine., if not you need to get back to bootstrapper recovery software you can either reflash the rom or flash back to your back up. I can help you through but also try reposting on the rescue squad forum as a new thread. Someone with more experience may be able to help you more. I have only rommed twice and I'm no hacker. Good luck and keep breathing :)

XDRDX

Reaction score
It sounds like you flashed a rom without clearing cache. I would recommend a hard reset. Power off the phone or pull the battery and power it back on while holding the home button. Once it boots to the triangle with an ! hit the search key and then tell it to factory reset\erase data and cache. If that doesn't work then an sbf will likely be needed.

vaguhs

Reaction score
The only problem i have with 1.9.7 is when i add a new contact the "Create contact under window" pops up all the time. I have to choose my gmail all the time.

Is there a way you can select a default option.

Please fix. It is very annoying.
Thanks.

pcg0d

Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the swype keyboard from the black one to the original or lighter colored one?

Sent from my Focused DROIDX.

Boblank

Reaction score
Anyone know how to change the swype keyboard from the black one to the original or lighter colored one?

You can pull the stock swype keyboard from a stock rom. Replace it with the existing swype.apk in /system/apps. Change the permissions, you may have to reboot and select swype again.

fosdos4790

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some help. I put rubix 1.9.7 on my friends dx from a full wipe. He is unable to download apps from the market. He'll click install and it will say app will be install and then it just sits there like nothing happened. When you return to the app page it'll say unknown error occurred. Thanks for any help in advance.

mcp770

Reaction score
Have him go to settings then applications making sure unknown sources is checked. Then click manage applications and hit the all tab. Find market and clear the market app data and cache. Should fix him right up.