rubiX Focused 1.9.7, back and better than ever

wooddale

Reaction score
First time installing a new ROM, and this thing is great! I've been using it since yesterday, and haven't found anything I do not like!

I am however having a problem with video recording. Every time I switch to video from camera, the camera app force closes. This happens every single time no matter what I do, am I doing something wrong?

Did you go to settings on the camera I think its puppet right

I have no settings menu available to me from within the camera app, just options to Switch to Video, and Gallery. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
If you turn on camera on the right hand side you will see aspire button push it up to go to video then press the top icon scroll down make.sure everything is correct

ejoy

Reaction score
Did you go to settings on the camera I think its puppet right

I have no settings menu available to me from within the camera app, just options to Switch to Video, and Gallery. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
If you turn on camera on the right hand side you will see aspire button push it up to go to video then press the top icon scroll down make.sure everything is correct

Ahh I see, the settings menu on the camera is scrollable...I missed that before. So I looked at all the settings, and everything seems fine, but it's only pertaining to the camera section, no video recording options are present. I tried to hit the same menu button after switching over to video, but the app force closes too fast for me to access that menu.

Boucher187

Reaction score
I experienced some lock ups with it as well, I just went back to droid overclock and set cpu. I use custom voltages though. I believe the problem is that it sets the voltages a little to low for stable clocks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have the PAID SETCPU. I have set up and initialized QuickClock for rubiX....Question I have is. Will I be able to set up SETCPU to MINIMUN VOLTAGE when SCREEN OFF. (I do this to save a lot of battery) .. Or should I just stick with QuickClock? What are the pros / cons? Can I use both?

wooddale

Reaction score

Ahh I see, the settings menu on the camera is scrollable...I missed that before. So I looked at all the settings, and everything seems fine, but it's only pertaining to the camera section, no video recording options are present. I tried to hit the same menu button after switching over to video, but the app force closes too fast for me to access that menu.

Im kinda stuck here bud I would make sure you save all your apps go into bootstrap dont backup but clean& wipe and down load The rom again from your sd card or rom manager which ever you use. If you can get ahold of someone else they probably no more but that would be what I would do then go back and delete the old one start from new is the best

ejoy

Reaction score

Im kinda stuck here bud I would make sure you save all your apps go into bootstrap dont backup but clean& wipe and down load The rom again from your sd card or rom manager which ever you use. If you can get ahold of someone else they probably no more but that would be what I would do then go back and delete the old one start from new is the best

Yeah sounds like what I'll have to do next. Does your video recorder work?

Also, is there a way I can easily "image," my setup now, or will I have to go back and reload and re-set up everything afterwards?

Also, sorry for my ignorance, but what is the best way to approach this? Should I simply do a factory data reset from within the phone, reinstall the bootstrap afterwards, and then reinstall the ROM from the .zip file?

I appreciate the help so far, thank you for your time.

rickkane

Reaction score
Love the rom, as usual! I'm having ads displayed in google maps despite running the adblock -on script. Is there something I missed or is this just a google thing? Thanks!

wooddale

Reaction score

Yeah sounds like what I'll have to do next. Does your video recorder work?

Also, is there a way I can easily "image," my setup now, or will I have to go back and reload and re-set up everything afterwards?

Also, sorry for my ignorance, but what is the best way to approach this? Should I simply do a factory data reset from within the phone, reinstall the bootstrap afterwards, and then reinstall the ROM from the .zip file?

I appreciate the help so far, thank you for your time.

N o problem hope I can help Yes my video works I have it set now on mms so I can send short videos like a text. If your using rom manager first go into bootstrab recovery say ok Then go into rom manager select download from sd card find it select it when it comes up dont save just wipe and clean then your all set it will be downloaded if you downloaded it from rom manger it is not the updated version. If you downloaded from forum then go tobootstrap recovery yes then reboot recovery this will bring you to green screen (bootstrap recovery select apply zip from sd card press enter (cam key) find it 1.97 zip enter yes no backup clean and wipe. reboot after its done your done. You did backup your stock rom I hope I hope so incase anything goes wrong you can always go back to stock rooted. hope this helps feel free to ask

zakalwe79

Reaction score
First time installing a new ROM, and this thing is great! I've been using it since yesterday, and haven't found anything I do not like!

I am however having a problem with video recording. Every time I switch to video from camera, the camera app force closes. This happens every single time no matter what I do, am I doing something wrong?
I had the exact same problem. I flashed the DX Fission Camera I found here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/drod2169-x/119552-rubix-focused-1-9-7-back-better-than-ever-39.html#post1281575
now video works great.

tmwes

Reaction score
Only issues I have with this rom:

1. Camera doesn't look like it will take 16:9 pictures

2. When in a call in landscape mode (in the car dock), the screen is in portrait (unlike when making a call with the stock dialer)

Otherwise I'm really enjoying it.

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
Maybe im just remembering wrong, but i could swear when using blur based focused or even stock froyo my phone would browse the internet, receive emails and mms, and even download items while i was in call. On focused 1.9.7 my phone will not do the above. Am i crazy?

tmwes

Reaction score
You are. CDMA doesn't do voice and data simultaneously. Maybe you were connected via wifi at the time?

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
I just remember being on the phone and people asking questions about buses or directions and was able to help them on the fly without hanging up. Maybe i was on wifi, but i just thought if my phone didnt support that type of multitasking i would of noticed 5mths ago not just recently.

wooddale

Reaction score
I just remember being on the phone and people asking questions about buses or directions and was able to help them on the fly without hanging up. Maybe i was on wifi, but i just thought if my phone didnt support that type of multitasking i would of noticed 5mths ago not just recently.

I was just talking to Verizon about that you cant go on internet but you can usr gps( maps places)

zinistr

Reaction score
I've installed the rom and i LOVE it. Using Darkedge (green) theme for ADW. my only gripe right now is, how do i Lock the icons/desktop? There used to be a lock for ADW but I dont know where it went... I was using ADW EX before but this is a higher version.