rubiX Focused 1.9.5

riahon

Reaction score
Will we still see RubiX ROMs (1.9.7/2.0.0) or will this be replaced by the PhoenixDevs ROMs?

frequencity

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been using rubix focused 1.9.5 for the past week and I absolutely love it. I am running into a few problems, some of which I've resolved on my own. Whenever I would try to play a music file on the default player or winamp app (varies file types and re-encodes from mp3 to ogg to flac) I would receive the sorry the file type is not supported error. I was finally able to abate this issue by installing power amp (a very good player too I might add).

However, I still am having problems with video playback. Before installing the rom I had consistent youtube playback on the phone, but post-install I will receive different variants of "sorry this video cannot be played" or "there was a problem while playing." I am wondering if this is a known issue with the droid x, the current version of the rom or something completely interrelated. Power Cycle (restart, powering off or battery removal) does not solve the issue.

Thanks in advance!

sephtin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been using rubix focused 1.9.5 for the past week and I absolutely love it. I am running into a few problems, some of which I've resolved on my own. Whenever I would try to play a music file on the default player or winamp app (varies file types and re-encodes from mp3 to ogg to flac) I would receive the sorry the file type is not supported error. I was finally able to abate this issue by installing power amp (a very good player too I might add).

However, I still am having problems with video playback. Before installing the rom I had consistent youtube playback on the phone, but post-install I will receive different variants of "sorry this video cannot be played" or "there was a problem while playing." I am wondering if this is a known issue with the droid x, the current version of the rom or something completely interrelated. Power Cycle (restart, powering off or battery removal) does not solve the issue.

Thanks in advance!

I'm guessing that you may not be on the most updated kernel/bootloader/baseband...

Go to Menu> Settings> About phone.
Check your kernel version. It should be: 2.6.32.9-g55626e1

If it's anything else, then your issue will almost certainly be resolved by updating. (Kernel mismatch is the most likely cause of all multimedia issues currently..).

The fastest way to get to the latest version, is via the following:
--Wipe data and cache
--Maderstcok update
--Re-root
--Re-bootstrap
--Reload Focused.

Maderstcok can be found here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

HTH!

sephtin

Reaction score
Will we still see RubiX ROMs (1.9.7/2.0.0) or will this be replaced by the PhoenixDevs ROMs?

1.9.7 will most certainly be released soon.

Drod hasn't made an official announcement, but from what I understand... rubiX line will continue, based on the framework being worked on within that project...

salem667

Reaction score
I agree... Anyday is good to download a rom and aggitate my wife... She hates it when I do bc I just play on my phone.... She told me she was gonna divorce me so I could marry it instead.... Would be cheaper on my wallet though

Droid X

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I agree... Anyday is good to download a rom and aggitate my wife... She hates it when I do bc I just play on my phone.... She told me she was gonna divorce me so I could marry it instead.... Would be cheaper on my wallet though

Droid X

We must be married to the same woman. I hear that a couple times a month. Sometimes I even hide what I'm doing just so I don't have to hear it lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
New Message Icon on Notification Bar

I cant find what messaging program this icon belongs to so it can be disabled. It white, looks like a post card with writing on the left and a stamp in upper right corner. When i pull down the notification it says New messages next tot he icon, and when i pick it it goes to messaging and the notifications are turned off there. Please help!

droidxhead

Reaction score
Have seen this before on stock as well, with build.prop tweaks.
Check the "mot.proximity.delay=" in build.prop. Stock defaults to 450 I think, but most ROMs have changed this setting to 150.

What this does, is cut controls the amount of time that the prox. sensor needs to be open before it enables the screen and allows you to push buttons.

HTH!

Ok thanks. I may change the delay to a higher number and see if that helps any. I did some messing around with it and it appears that the add to call button is being pressed that is why the dialer is opening up and muting the current call. If i hit back it goes back to the current call unmuted.

Let me know if after changing that, it still has the issue.. but I know I've seen that fix it for "shoulder talking" issues on both Focsued and Fission (there is a bug report that's been closed for Fission I believe for this as well.. heh).

I was having the same issue as KSUviper. I changed this value to 450 on my SD card and it seemed to make my phone work properly again during phone calls. If I edit the build.prop on my SD card I shouldn't have to reinstall rubix correct? Sorry for the noobish question.

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I may change the delay to a higher number and see if that helps any. I did some messing around with it and it appears that the add to call button is being pressed that is why the dialer is opening up and muting the current call. If i hit back it goes back to the current call unmuted.

Let me know if after changing that, it still has the issue.. but I know I've seen that fix it for "shoulder talking" issues on both Focsued and Fission (there is a bug report that's been closed for Fission I believe for this as well.. heh).

I was having the same issue as KSUviper. I changed this value to 450 on my SD card and it seemed to make my phone work properly again during phone calls. If I edit the build.prop on my SD card I shouldn't have to reinstall rubix correct? Sorry for the noobish question.

The file that matters is /system/build.prop. If you edited it on your SDCard, it won't do anything... BUT, if you edited it on your sdcard, and moved it back to /system/build.prop.. THEN yes, this setting will likely fix your issue.

droidxhead

Reaction score

The file that matters is /system/build.prop. If you edited it on your SDCard, it won't do anything... BUT, if you edited it on your sdcard, and moved it back to /system/build.prop.. THEN yes, this setting will likely fix your issue.

Thanks sephtin, I had a feeling someone would say that. :) I discovered quickly that I needed to get crafty and download Root Explorer to have proper permissions for the system folder as well. The problem seemed to have gone away before I did this so...not sure if I was just getting lucky or not. I will keep posted if I get any more of the symptoms though.