[ROM] Zero Blur! Zero Lag! rubiX Focused 1.0

Inkarnit

Reaction score
Someone made a comment about removing any battery optimizing apps... Should I be using things like minfreemanager and/or autokiller with rubiX? I'm averaging about 15 hours of battery in a day but I don't think I'm using the phone very heavily. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thepolishguy

Reaction score
Ok so I have the Droid X. Flashed over the flyx rom last night. Everything worked fine. But read on here about the rubiX 1.0 focused. So i wanted to try it out. So i downloaded the zip using rom manager. Following the intstructions given I attempted to flash to this. Now I am new to this kind of operation OBVIOUSLY. Downloaded the zip. rebooted to clock work recovery, wiped the data and cache did the system format and data format and cache format. and then went to go install from sd. but i couldnt find the file. So i turned it off thinking it would reboot and i could try to locate the file. but it didnt. Ive been stuck on the moto splash screen. I tried the battery pull over 15x. I tried reading on how to flash back but I just cant seem to get it to work idk why?! I used the 2.2 sdf file in RSD Lite and that didnt work idk why. Im literally FREAKING OUT and hoping someone here can be of GREAT help. I dont even care about the stock froyo! Even if theres a way to put RubiX 1.0 on it thats fine. I just want it back and working. PLEASSSEEE!

I sent you a private message with some things to try.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
You should not have run rom manager without first installing and running koush's bootstrap app found in market. Only hope is to get the sbf working and go back to stock. There is a linux way to do it for the D2 you can search for it on xda-developers site. Same process should work for your dx and can be done off of ubuntu live cd so no need to wipe your windows. If you need more help just pm me

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

supercell2000

Reaction score
someone who prefers the stock 3g hotspot from moto over wifi tether because it supports AP and not just ad-hoc.. try this version:

extract it from the zip and install as any app

if it works, i will include this from now on.

Is that the blur 3g hotspot or is it wireless tether for root users?

johnny9374

Reaction score
is anyone having trouble with widgets after a reboot? if i use typoclock which i need to install through astro winamp and tweetcaster i need to uninstall and reinstall after a reboot because they arent showing up in my widget list

luv2increase

Reaction score
is anyone having trouble with widgets after a reboot? if i use typoclock which i need to install through astro winamp and tweetcaster i need to uninstall and reinstall after a reboot because they arent showing up in my widget list

R u using autostarts?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sephtin

Reaction score
Ok so I have the Droid X. Flashed over the flyx rom last night. Everything worked fine. But read on here about the rubiX 1.0 focused. So i wanted to try it out. So i downloaded the zip using rom manager. Following the intstructions given I attempted to flash to this. Now I am new to this kind of operation OBVIOUSLY. Downloaded the zip. rebooted to clock work recovery, wiped the data and cache did the system format and data format and cache format. and then went to go install from sd. but i couldnt find the file. So i turned it off thinking it would reboot and i could try to locate the file. but it didnt. Ive been stuck on the moto splash screen. I tried the battery pull over 15x. I tried reading on how to flash back but I just cant seem to get it to work idk why?! I used the 2.2 sdf file in RSD Lite and that didnt work idk why. Im literally FREAKING OUT and hoping someone here can be of GREAT help. I dont even care about the stock froyo! Even if theres a way to put RubiX 1.0 on it thats fine. I just want it back and working. PLEASSSEEE!

Easy way to fix this, is to battery pull, hold the HOME button while you put the battery back in...
Keep holding home, while the system boots.. when you see the M logo, let go of home, it should take you into the stock android recovery... (little droid robot, with an ! in a triangle. From here, it the search key on your phone.

From the menu, choose to wipe data, and cache, then reboot.

That **should** get you into rubiX. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. :( Busy weekend!

sephtin

Reaction score
dumb question here... I have not done the OTA update. If I did I would still be able to flash this rom with updated kernel and radio? my only fail safe would be to use the proper 2.2 sbf after the OTA until the bootloader signature is (like the d2 a few nights ago) changed then we would be stuck again until the new sbf corresponding to the new bootloader was leaked. Right?

I was curious on what the new radio and kernel would do performance wise. anyone run the new OTA stuff with this rom if it's possible to be done.

There have been lots of opinions one way or the other, regarding which is better.. the baseband/radio for 2.1, or 2.2. BUT, there has been NO definitive answer as to which is "better". I have still not OTA'd, and I know there are still lots of others that have not as well.

The only real difference currently, is that if you've never done the OTA to 2.2.. then when you .sbf restore, you have to use hte 2.1 .sbf. Once OTA'd to 2.2, you CANNOT use the 2.1 .sbf, it won't work.. there's no going back.

If you decide later to OTA, flash the upgrade from VZW, you only need to .sbf back to stock before doing so. You should be able to do this at any time...

sephtin

Reaction score
Someone made a comment about removing any battery optimizing apps... Should I be using things like minfreemanager and/or autokiller with rubiX? I'm averaging about 15 hours of battery in a day but I don't think I'm using the phone very heavily. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I've read people have had worse batter life with them... the biggest one is ATK (Advanced Task Killer).. but minfree/autokiller have also had mixed reports... so *shrug*

Best suggestion I have, is try it both ways.. I honestly believe that it may partially depend on use. If you are a heavy heavy user, they may bring more benefit (as the adjustments they make might be of more use).. otherwise, *shrug*..

sephtin

Reaction score
someone who prefers the stock 3g hotspot from moto over wifi tether because it supports AP and not just ad-hoc.. try this version:

extract it from the zip and install as any app

if it works, i will include this from now on.

Is that the blur 3g hotspot or is it wireless tether for root users?

Drod linked a post to a preview version of Wireless Tether that supposedly allowed for infrastructure mode, rather than ad-hoc. Currently the 3gHotSpot app does NOT function with rubiX Focused.

S

scrub175

dumb question here... I have not done the OTA update. If I did I would still be able to flash this rom with updated kernel and radio? my only fail safe would be to use the proper 2.2 sbf after the OTA until the bootloader signature is (like the d2 a few nights ago) changed then we would be stuck again until the new sbf corresponding to the new bootloader was leaked. Right?

I was curious on what the new radio and kernel would do performance wise. anyone run the new OTA stuff with this rom if it's possible to be done.

There have been lots of opinions one way or the other, regarding which is better.. the baseband/radio for 2.1, or 2.2. BUT, there has been NO definitive answer as to which is "better". I have still not OTA'd, and I know there are still lots of others that have not as well.

donated to both for the rom and black bar. thanks again for the support
The only real difference currently, is that if you've never done the OTA to 2.2.. then when you .sbf restore, you have to use hte 2.1 .sbf. Once OTA'd to 2.2, you CANNOT use the 2.1 .sbf, it won't work.. there's no going back.

If you decide later to OTA, flash the upgrade from VZW, you only need to .sbf back to stock before doing so. You should be able to do this at any time...

Thanks for the reply... good customer service. That was what i was saying if we go to the OTA and vzw sends out updates we have to be cautious with the sbf cause of signature changes and potential bricking.

So I am free to switch from leak to OTA and keep the rom. My main concern was being prepared for future updates like gingerbread. I'm sure the dev community will work around non OTA users too.

donated for both the rom and black bar. thanks for the support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xyp

Reaction score
<rant>

So pissed at moto today for the locked boot that I seriously started looking into the Fascinate. I have since returned to my senses, but I'm still burning pissed. I love the build of the DX, but the fact that talented dudes like DRod and P3Droid have to work around the eFuse makes me want to never buy another moto product again. Which, at this point, I'm not going to unless I know its unlocked.

All I wanted was to get the new QuickDesk working on my X (running rF1.0 + BlackBar + LPP), and after spending an HOUR trying different things, including manually editing the settings.db file (using the hack found on these forums), I still can't get them to play nice.

Grrrr.

Sorry everybody, had to vent. </rant>

EDIT: DRod or Sephtin, would there be any way to change the "Double Tap Home Launch" function built into the DX applications menu (its in the Blur and rF verisons, anyway...) so that you could choose an app to launch instead of just the stock list? I even tried installing voice search from the market, and then freezing it with TiB to see if QuickDesk would work... no dice. Grrr, again.

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
So pissed at moto today for the locked boot that I seriously started looking into the Fascinate. I have since returned to my senses, but I'm still burning pissed. I love the build of the DX, but the fact that talented dudes like DRod and P3Droid have to work around the eFuse makes me want to never buy another moto product again. Which, at this point, I'm not going to unless I know its unlocked.

All I wanted was to get the new QuickDesk working on my X (running rF1.0 + BlackBar + LPP), and after spending an HOUR trying different things, including manually editing the settings.db file (using the hack found on these forums), I still can't get them to play nice.

Grrrr.

Sorry everybody, had to vent.

EDIT: DRod or Sephtin, would there be any way to change the "Double Tap Home Launch" function built into the DX applications menu (its in the Blur and rF verisons, anyway...) so that you could choose an app to launch instead of just the stock list? I even tried installing voice search from the market, and then freezing it with TiB to see if QuickDesk would work... no dice. Grrr, again.

I have had no issues with the home double tap on Quick Desk using it with ADW on rubiX...

But I have heard of some issues with the double tap. What launcher you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Xyp

Reaction score
I have had no issues with the home double tap on Quick Desk using it with ADW on rubiX...

But I have heard of some issues with the double tap. What launcher you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Using LauncherPro Paid version (LPP), which I like really only b/c of how blazing fast it is, and the calendar widget. I did also try going to ADW, no success. Do you have any special settings? EDIT: Err, I'd like to just see if I can get this working at all: forget special settings, if you have a minute would you just tell me what your ADW and QD settings are? I have ADW re-installed now...

Last edited:

jdhas

Reaction score
Any change we can get this thread updated with all of the issues and fixes that are available at sephtin.com?

Edited for typo.