rubiX Focused 1.6

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Want a review about the rom? Good indicator of if its your type or not? Check out the article that Blair at wjd designs wrote!
http://www.gizmoninja.com/2010/10/1...oms-updated-11012010-droid-x-aospvanilla-rom/

I'd like to thank everyone that helped me and answered all my nonsense questions. AngDroid, Matt4542, BGill55, Wayne at WJD Designs, JsinLegacy, JRummy(especially) helped me a lot getting this ready, it wouldn't of been done without them!

Special Big thanks to Rainabba from Alldroid for helping me with this! He will be making something very big very possible very soon that will be incorporated into this rom the second I get it ;)

RELEASE NOTES:

• Made from my own base
  • All apps Deodexed, Optimized, Zipaligned by Me
  • De-Blurred COMPLETELY
  • Build.Prop Tweaks (credit to Beesley)
  • All AOSP apps compiled 10/29/2010
  • ADW Launcher
  • 3D Gallery
  • WORKING PHONE INCOMING CALL SLIDERS! (Credit to me and AngDroid)
  • Bloatware Removed
  • 140+ MB Free in System at install!
  • Certain Market apps removed (Download from market)
  • Speed and Battery tweaks (Credit to me)
  • Internal Memory Manager raised to give better stability, battery life, and performance.
  • Syscontl.Conf tweaks (Credit to me)
  • Updated BusyBox (Credit to JRummy)
  • Various bug fixes from Fission 1.0/rubiX 0.5
  • FaceBook now syncs to contacts! Sign in through FaceBook app!
  • AMAZING NEW AND UPDATED Boot animation credit to WJD Designs!
  • Battery percentage by the 10's, ACCURATE (images and fix credit to kejar31 since his coding rules and mine causes boot loops :))
  • Rounded corners in the status bar (Credit to Cyanogen team)
  • Transparent Notification Pulldown
  • Undervolt optional, to use my undervolt settings, run lowvolt.sh in terminal emulator

Overclock Script! Credit to JRummy for the awesome script. To access, just run:
su
cpu.sh
in terminal emulator, and follow instructions from there.

BETA:
Auto boot strap on every FULL boot of the system. This is beta, and will be tweaked within the next few days as I adjust and fix

Install Instructions:
Download rubiXFocused1.6.zip
Move to root of SD Card
Reboot to Clockwork Recovery
Wipe Data/Cache
Install Zip From SD Card
Select rubiXFocused1.6.zip
Install
Reboot
Enjoy :)

Please note, this has ZERO blur, except for settings, which isn't even blurry. Please do not ask me to add back in blur features, that's not the point of this rom, nor can I support ANY blur features that are not already in here.

There WILL be hot patches within the next couple of days for features I want to add but haven't gotten around to it.

I'm working on a fix for 3G HotSpot App still, please do not ask about this, I'll let you guys know when I get it to work :)

Until I get 3g hotspot fixed, try this:
wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre11.apk - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.5-pre11 *** EXPERIMENTAL *** - Project Hosting on Google Code
it supports AP mode and everything people complained about not having in the market version

Download:
http://bit.ly/d8HMa3

If you like my work, please consider clicking me to send me some red bulls :)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=TYYWQBR78DW7U

Last edited:
OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
reserved for bugs

Compass Calibrate still does not work
Nor does 3G HotSpot

stock volt patch
http://bit.ly/bs58qw

ONLY RUN THIS PATCH IF YOU DOWNLOADED BEFORE 12:51 PM EST ON NOVEMBER 1ST, it is updated in the rom and not needed if downloaded after

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Patches:
These are applied by booting into ClockworkMod Recovery, and installing .zip file from SDCard (NO need to wipe data/cache):

--If you preferred the launcher used in Focused 1.0, to ADW which is default in 1.6 (This will REMOVE ADW):
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-Launcher2.zip

--To Return to ADW (This will REMOVE Launcher2):
http://www.sephtin.com/rubiX/rubixFocused-PATCH-UNLauncher2.zip

FAQs:
--During install, if I am upgrading from Focused 1.0, do I need to wipe data/cache?
Drod2169: "It is fully and completely recommended, but not necessarily necessary. If you experience ANY problems, wipe data and cache before posting about them and see if they come back"

--This ROM has some memory management/tweaks, Should I uninstall MinFreeManager and/or Autokiller and/or Autostarts?
Drod2169: "Yes. They might actually cause the phone to run slower/worse if they conflict."

--Reboots/stability issues, etc.? Most likely caused by undervolting.
Fix: Delete the /system/xbin/lowvolt.sh file, and reboot.

My BlackBar Mod:
http://www.sephtin.com/?p=182
More incoming...

Last edited:

sephtin

Reaction score
Reserved for Troubleshooting

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Last edited:

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was converted to a Rubix fan with Focused 1.0. I'll be installing this soon, I'm sure it's the same quality work we always receive from Drod. Keep it up!

jdhas

Reaction score
Wow! I just got settled into 1.0! Thanks for the new release. Can email in Exchange accounts be moved in the Email app in this release?

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Wow! I just got settled into 1.0! Thanks for the new release. Can email in Exchange accounts be moved in the Email app in this release?

Nope. It's something I'm still working on, but haven't been able to get around to yet. I'm hoping to patch in the next few days

All of the big changes are made, so I can settle on the little (little to me, maybe not to some of you) to fix

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If going from Focused 1.0 will I need to wipe data?

It is fully and completely recommended, but not necessarily necessary. If you experience ANY problems, wipe data and cache before posting about them and see if they come back

Inkarnit

Reaction score

It is fully and completely recommended, but not necessarily necessary. If you experience ANY problems, wipe data and cache before posting about them and see if they come back

Cool, I'll try that then. I have an overclock script that I run which it sounds will not be necessary to run anymore since you are undervolting. If I run that, it will cancel out what you've changed, right? I hope it works with my phone. I had problems overclocking at all. I finally got it stable at 1.15gHz with vsel at like 58 I think.

OP
D

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Cool, I'll try that then. I have an overclock script that I run which it sounds will not be necessary to run anymore since you are undervolting. If I run that, it will cancel out what you've changed, right? I hope it works with my phone. I had problems overclocking at all. I finally got it stable at 1.15gHz with vsel at like 58 I think.

It'll cancel the undervolting, but I run my phone at 1.2 ULV from jrummy's app.

jdhas

Reaction score

Nope. It's something I'm still working on, but haven't been able to get around to yet. I'm hoping to patch in the next few days

All of the big changes are made, so I can settle on the little (little to me, maybe not to some of you) to fix

Drod, the work you do on this Rom is ridiculous. I'll gladly buy you a beer and have one on your behalf at the same time if you can get moving Exchange emails working in the Email app. That was the only thing that really drove me nuts about 1.0. (FWIW I'm dealing with the Blur on Apex right now, as it allowed me to flash over the Blur Messaging app, which does allow email moving; but, oh how I hate all that Blur....) I totally dig that it's not at the top of your list of fixes, but it's definitely a big deal for me.

Many thanks!
-J