Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

NattyBee

Reaction score
I have two issues with ROM. I believe it's my fault but seeing if anyone else has issues.

First. I unlock phone sometimes it freezes then reboots. I heard of amp called no lock. This was not a problem up till a couple days ago.

Second. My usb mode does not work unless I reboot phone then it works(not a big deal)

third. anyone know apps that HATE and do NOT work with this ROM?

1) No Lock should help. If you like the lock, widgetlocker is nice to get it back (and customizable).
2) USB should hopefully be fixed in 1.9.0. Both versions should be out any day now... (by both versions, I mean leak, and non-leak).
3) Only thing I know that had problems, was LauncherPro, widgets didn't update sometimes... was an issue with LPP. OH, and a few Blur apps... but, that's part of this being a blur-less ROM.

I don’t recall having a problem with LPP on this rom... :)

Sent from my DROIDX

scubieman

Reaction score
I have two issues with ROM. I believe it's my fault but seeing if anyone else has issues.

First. I unlock phone sometimes it freezes then reboots. I heard of amp called no lock. This was not a problem up till a couple days ago.

Second. My usb mode does not work unless I reboot phone then it works(not a big deal)

1) No Lock should help. If you like the lock, widgetlocker is nice to get it back (and customizable).
2) USB should hopefully be fixed in 1.9.0. Both versions should be out any day now... (by both versions, I mean leak, and non-leak).
3) Only thing I know that had problems, was LauncherPro, widgets didn't update sometimes... was an issue with LPP. OH, and a few Blur apps... but, that's part of this being a blur-less ROM.

By Blur That's bloatware right? Second I did put some back on but pulled it off the market? That okay

sephtin

Reaction score

By Blur That's bloatware right? Second I did put some back on but pulled it off the market? That okay

Blur is the stuff that moto put into their version, that is on top of the normal android stuff. Most of it is integrated sluggish bloat... Good stuff.

I know of very few things from the market that don't work just fine with the ROM.

sephtin

Reaction score

I don’t recall having a problem with LPP on this rom... :)

Sent from my DROIDX

LPP works fine. Multiple reports of widgets not updating properly however... and not working with transitions, etc.

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
Sooo I got a question; been using this rom for a few weeks now.
I installed Weather Bug Elite last night and I put a widget and a notification on my status bar.
I set update interval to 15 minutes. But it doesn't seem to update at all until I go into the app itself.
Does that have to do with me using a non-blurry theme?

scubieman

Reaction score
Sooo I got a question; been using this rom for a few weeks now.
I installed Weather Bug Elite last night and I put a widget and a notification on my status bar.
I set update interval to 15 minutes. But it doesn't seem to update at all until I go into the app itself.
Does that have to do with me using a non-blurry theme?

Im using weather bug elite. Just make you have you data sync on.

Johnnysyeah

Reaction score
Hmm, what version of Weather Bug Elite do you use?
I have data sync always on.
Must be another issue I'm overlooking then.

droidxchat

Reaction score
I was ready to try this, but before i tried the command dirty_ratio and got 95.
Then I opened sysctl and although I have a couple of extra entries, the lines in your code appeared in my file.
I updated to the latest ROM version on 11/24... maybe the tweaks were fixed in the ROM by then?

Sorry if this has been addressed later, I started reading the thread from page#1 and I'm on 37... still have several more to go. Luckily work is S L O W today :)

That fix was for and older version of rubix. Drod already has implemented the fix, as well as additional tweaks (the other lines of code that you see) in his newest versions.

c0uRtJe$t3r

Reaction score
See the attached picture of the messaging app.

The new msg button shows a picture of a speaker with an "x" (for mute?) instead of the usual blank page and pencil icon for new msg.

It has always been like that since I first instelled rubiX (think version 0.6??).

Am I the only one seeing this? -The msg app seems to be working fine, so it appears to be just a cosmetic issue.

Btw, I have no idea what that txt msg is.
That's odd, I also received that text last night. Can't insert drocap pic because the forum is saying image is wrong format, never had that problem either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App