Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

jasonx9

Reaction score
I just went into the settings about phone and this is what I got...
signal strength
-92 dBm 0asu
Mobile network state disconnected. As I was typing this it went into connecting.
I have a system stats app and im on the signal part it says I have no connection

Last edited:

kriscad

Reaction score
Nope I tried turning it on and off and still nothing.
I restored it to the factory operating system anything else I need to remove form the phone if I am to be taking it into verizon?
It still isnt getting 3g service so I am just going to take it up to verizon I know I have to unroot the phone should I delte bootstrapper and all that stuff.

I had the same problem.

My Fix was:

- full charge on the battery, then go into Clockwork and clear battery stats.
- for some reason my Battery Mode was "Maximum battery saver" mode.

Now its back on 3G

jasonx9

Reaction score
I think I am just going to take it to verizon because I have had nothing but problems with this phone. Its dropped signal 3 times and 2 of those times I had to hard reset.... So I just want to do this so I can get a different phone or something.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think I am just going to take it to verizon because I have had nothing but problems with this phone. Its dropped signal 3 times and 2 of those times I had to hard reset.... So I just want to do this so I can get a different phone or something.

Have you ever done a full SBF on the thing? That fixed some signal drop issues I was having. Then I upgraded to the leak and my signal actually got better but I don't think going to the leak is a good idea if you are taking it back...

jasonx9

Reaction score
I just want to know what I need to do for them not to kick me out the door..... I have reverted back to the factory 2.2 and unrooted along with uninstalled setcpu,bootstraprecovery,a oc app, Rom manager, and bench mark testers all uninstalled and deleted from phone anything else I need to do I have also deleted the rom that was on my sd card. Should I just do a factory reset now to while everything?

Last edited:

jasonx9

Reaction score

Have you ever done a full SBF on the thing? That fixed some signal drop issues I was having. Then I upgraded to the leak and my signal actually got better but I don't think going to the leak is a good idea if you are taking it back...

Yes I have when i acidently bricked it before when trying to install 1.8.6

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I just want to know what I need to do for them not to kick me out the door..... I have reverted back to the factory 2.2 and unrooted along with uninstalled setcpu,bootstraprecovery,a oc app, Rom manager, and bench mark testers all uninstalled and deleted from phone anything else I need to do I have also deleted the rom that was on my sd card. Should I just do a factory reset now to while everything?

Sure; you might as well. You don't want them getting ahold of any of your personal information. They won't kick you out the door. Sounds like you are good to go.

jasonx9

Reaction score
Ok I am going to hard reset. Any other way to tell if im unrooted?

Last edited:

Inkarnit

Reaction score
If it is outside of your 30 day free swap period you can always smash it on the ground and claim it fell, but I think you've pretty much covered everything you need to in order to have it replaced free.

Note: I do not condone warranty fraud :p

theidoctor

Reaction score
doesnt z4root do both rooting and unrooting? you can check it with an app that requires root and see if you get access... but if you sbf, then it will unroot it and restore it.

they wont try and go check for every little system change so you dont really have to worry

jasonx9

Reaction score
If it is outside of your 30 day free swap period you can always smash it on the ground and claim it fell, but I think you've pretty much covered everything you need to in order to have it replaced free.

Warranty fraud what are you talking about I dont commit warranty fraud just wondering.

Inkarnit

Reaction score

Warranty fraud what are you talking about I dont commit warranty fraud just wondering.

Not saying you are... it was in reference to my own comment about smashing it on the ground lol

sephtin

Reaction score
Nope I tried turning it on and off and still nothing.
I restored it to the factory operating system anything else I need to remove form the phone if I am to be taking it into verizon?
It still isnt getting 3g service so I am just going to take it up to verizon I know I have to unroot the phone should I delte bootstrapper and all that stuff.

Have you tried .sbf'ing, and seeing if it still has the issue?