Remeber the New Unlimited plan that saved us $20 a month....is that gone with the TB?

shortsxit

Reaction score
I think it will depend on if 4G phones have a different data plan in the system. If 3G and 4G phones just share a single data package, then it might be fine. If they're separate it might be a different story.

That's just a guess, though. None of us know...yet.

Sleeve

Reaction score
That plan expired January 31. You'll be changing device so you lose grandfathering.

pookibr

Reaction score
I was told the data plan for the 4g phones was going to be more expensive. Thats why I ended up getting the droidx

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That plan expired January 31. You'll be changing device so you lose grandfathering.

And you know this exactly how???

I've never had Verizon change my plan other then to add data since I signed up for the 450 minutes plan. I find that hard to believe.

Sleeve

Reaction score
I called VZW marketing, the phone number on that plan page. 877.873.3278.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
The unlimited plan is still in place and the only time you will be put out of the promotional program is if you change your plan. Upgrading phones does not change your plan it only extends your contract. Once VZW comes out with the new pricing schedule then I am sure they will figure out a way to get us all converted eventually (probably with our next upgrade). But for now whatever pricing plan you have currently will not change just because you upgraded your device. I confirmed this with VZW corp when I had to upgrade to the X on one of my lines last week. I asked if and when the TB came out what was going to be the plan with regard to our pricing. I was told the above.

OP
H

hymetime

Reaction score
well thats good to know because were saving $240 per year and i was thinking i was going to just buy retail...if it didnt change my plan because $250 for phone plus lost $20 per month over 2 years is $730 and wirefly has it retail at $670...anyway if plan is safe im good thanks for the info guys.
i was going to order over at Wirefly for $199 but it looked like it was going to change my plan back to the $59 + $30 data again. My bill runs about $77 with Tax and the other crap and im happy with that...was not looking forward to going back up.

shortsxit

Reaction score
Just think about what we have if this plan sticks:

450 minutes
Unlimited text
Unlimited 4G data
5 friends and family (giving us free unlimited calling if we have Google voice)
Free hotspots until at least the 15th

All for $69.99 ($57.99 with my discount). Not bad, eh?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
H

hymetime

Reaction score
yes i forgot about 5 friends and family. i put my GV # as one of my Five #'s. i Use google voice all the time with the Gv app for calling landlines....yep forgot about that would suck losing that..never had it for a long time because only the more expensive plans had it.