Question on Verizon returns

Reaction score
I upgraded from the Incredible to the Thunderbolt. I was at 20 months so I got to upgrade, and I upgraded to a 1 year contract instead of 2. Got a great price too :)

Out of sheer curiosity, if I return the Thunderbolt to Verizon (telling them I want to cancel the new 1 year contract I just 'upgraded' to and going back to the old one where I'm sitting at 20 months) and go back to the Incredible, do I go back to being 'upgrade eligible' or did I just lose the the upgrade option altogether?

TIA!

GDP

Reaction score
You'll be able to use your upgrade again. They will just cancel the contract

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

GDP

Reaction score
But make sure they do cancel your contract. Sometimes you will get some d bag who won't actually cancel the contract. Then you are out of luck

GDP

Reaction score
Oh and you only have 14 days

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
But make sure they do cancel your contract. Sometimes you will get some d bag who won't actually cancel the contract. Then you are out of luck

That's what I'd be worried about!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
To follow up...

I'm hearing that if I cancel my contract I reset to the old one, I will go back to the way it was (like I never got the TB) but under the new terms and conditions.

To reiterate, I was sitting at 20 months, and Verizon online said I was eligible for an upgrade. So I did. If I return the TB and cancel the contract, returning to my old one, will I be right back to that '20 month stage and eligible for upgrade' or not?

I guess I am not real familiar with why I was able to upgrade at 20 months anyway...certainly that isn't the NE2 deal.

Thanks!

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Why you returning the TB? You dont like it compared to INC

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
Why you returning the TB? You dont like it compared to INC

I'm running into many of the issues, returned several Bolts already. I probably jumped the gun, it's just not the 'big upgrade' I was thinking it might be. And being no 4G, I didn't need to pull the trigger. Just did for some reason.

I do like the Bolt a lot but my company has not certified it for use with our corporate mail/calendar.

want a droid

Reaction score
What problems have you been having? And yeah if I lived in an area with no 4g then I probably wouldn't have gotten the ThunderBolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

devinhfox

Reaction score
just pay the $ 35 restocking fee and you're good to go.
Only catch is you can only return once for each contract renewal period.
So you can return the tbolt, and get another phone (either that day or some later date), but you're stuck with that new one until your contact is renewed again.
Just asked about this yesterday and talked with two diff reps about it. So make sure you REALLY want the next one.

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
What problems have you been having? And yeah if I lived in an area with no 4g then I probably wouldn't have gotten the ThunderBolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Had 3 bolts...

First one had blown speaker.
The last 2 the speaker is OK, but not nearly as loud or clear as my Droid Inc. I've 2 Droid Incs and one Droid1 and the speaker on all 3 blows all 3 TB speakers out of the water. Very disappointing.

Also, I do not get any reception in my office. My Inc and D1 had good to solid reception at all times. I've went through support to help with the reception issue on the Bolt but no luck yet.

And overall, I just don't like it as much as I thought I would. I usually love HTC devices. This one is just OK, not great.

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score
just pay the $ 35 restocking fee and you're good to go.
Only catch is you can only return once for each contract renewal period.
So you can return the tbolt, and get another phone (either that day or some later date), but you're stuck with that new one until your contact is renewed again.
Just asked about this yesterday and talked with two diff reps about it. So make sure you REALLY want the next one.

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks for the info!