just out of curiosity........

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
They've definitely been releasing phone after phone on Verizon lately- since the 4G LTE launch in December 2010, HTC threw out to Verizon the Thunderbolt, Rezound, Dinc 2, soon the Dinc 4G, Rhyme, Trophy, oh wow you can still get the original Droid Incredible, CPO of course, free with two year contract... Man that phone was perfect (with an extended battery), it just didn't have the 4G, I miss that phone so much! :icon_ cry:​

2001400ex

Reaction score
While I like the kickstand, if you like the latest and greatest, I would check out the Razr Maxx HD. I would imagine even with a kickstand case, it would be slimmer than the Thunderbolt. I bought my wife the Razr Maxx and I really like it. I have had the Tbolt since launch and like the screen better than the Moto, but Moto has done a really good job with stability and 4g connectivity (especially after the Bionic mess).

Just my two cents.

kparks

Reaction score
2001400ex said:
While I like the kickstand, if you like the latest and greatest, I would check out the Razr Maxx HD. I would imagine even with a kickstand case, it would be slimmer than the Thunderbolt. I bought my wife the Razr Maxx and I really like it. I have had the Tbolt since launch and like the screen better than the Moto, but Moto has done a really good job with stability and 4g connectivity (especially after the Bionic mess).

Just my two cents.

I will never buy a craperola phone again. My bolt gets 4g and service where my coworkers razr don't and the ui is wayyyyyy better on the bolt!

2001400ex

Reaction score
I will never buy a craperola phone again. My bolt gets 4g and service where my coworkers razr don't and the ui is wayyyyyy better on the bolt!

Yeah my Tbolt was about the same as my wife's Maxx this past weekend at the lake in decent cell service. I do like Sense better than Blur, especially the dialer/contacts screen. That saves a lot of time digging through contacts. HTC was by far the first to figure out 4G and HTC has the advantage of being able to access the internet while on 3g, if that is important (it is somewhat important for me as I am frequently in 3g still).

But... battery life is ridiculous on the Maxx. My tbolt requires a fat battery to last a full day. So, really plusses and minuses. Personally, I am holding out hope for a Razr Maxx Nexus.

kparks

Reaction score
2001400ex said:
Yeah my Tbolt was about the same as my wife's Maxx this past weekend at the lake in decent cell service. I do like Sense better than Blur, especially the dialer/contacts screen. That saves a lot of time digging through contacts. HTC was by far the first to figure out 4G and HTC has the advantage of being able to access the internet while on 3g, if that is important (it is somewhat important for me as I am frequently in 3g still).

But... battery life is ridiculous on the Maxx. My tbolt requires a fat battery to last a full day. So, really plusses and minuses. Personally, I am holding out hope for a Razr Maxx Nexus.

The blur answering screen just pisses me off lol.. Sense in my opinion is better than blur in every way and the big battery don't bother me I actually like it.. I have to wear cargo pants alot so i just toss it in my big leg pocket... I can be sitting at work in my building. And have great service and my coworker with his rezound is also on 4g. The 2 with razr have no data and cell coming in and out.. Every1 else has a bag phone lol jk!

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
I've always considered myself one of the few lucky ones. Never had bad battery life (well I could make it thru the day) never had the rebooting problem after an update. Actually never really had any problems at all with my bolt. I've only had one since launch and love it. That's why the only way I'll upgrade is if there is a phone out that's as close to my bolt as possible.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!

2001400ex

Reaction score
I've always considered myself one of the few lucky ones. Never had bad battery life (well I could make it thru the day) never had the rebooting problem after an update. Actually never really had any problems at all with my bolt. I've only had one since launch and love it. That's why the only way I'll upgrade is if there is a phone out that's as close to my bolt as possible.

Ya the tbolt definitely had more hate than necessary. Since the update in June of last year, mine has been awesome, other than the aforementioned battery life. But the 2,700 mah brick works.

Right now, I wouldn't pay for the maxx over the tbolt. If I had an upgrade waiting, I would get the maxx hd. But the kickstand seems important to the OP, and I don't see anything down the road on Verizon that will have that feature.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well yes the kickstand is important to me, but its not the only thing I like about my bolt. I like the feel of it, the weight and hefty. The screen, even though its not some super duper amoled plus triple HD ips display. My girl has the rezound, and even though the screen is great, the HD makes everything look so small compared to mine. Although I do like the black and red color scheme on hers. I would just love for HTC to come out with another nice phone (besides the new Incredible) on Verizon that would catch my eye like the tbolt did.