Upgrade? Or wait?

tjrocks91

Reaction score
I currently have a rooted Motorola Droid 1 and have an upgrade upcoming soon (September). I've always been a big fan of the new large phones such as the Droid X and EVO 4G for Sprint. I was wondering if I should upgrade now to the Droid X or wait for the rumored HTC EVOesque phone that is supposed to come to Verizon next year, maybe it might even be the Desire HD.

I'm so confused. I love the EVO and I love the Droid X but there are so many new Android phones coming out that I have no clue what to do. Verizon's Android Roadmap was also leaked today and showed about 3-4 new phones coming out with Android.

HELP! Opinions please.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally I am waiting for the Droid 17. But that's just me.

Really though, anytime you chose to upgrade it's only going to be a matter of a couple months before something bigger and better comes out. If you have patience, wait it out, if you want something now go with the X or droid 2 when it drops.

OP
T

tjrocks91

Reaction score
true that.

i should get it but i want the htc one too lol damn phones come out too fast

cpinto

Reaction score
I currently have a rooted Motorola Droid 1 and have an upgrade upcoming soon (September). I've always been a big fan of the new large phones such as the Droid X and EVO 4G for Sprint. I was wondering if I should upgrade now to the Droid X or wait for the rumored HTC EVOesque phone that is supposed to come to Verizon next year, maybe it might even be the Desire HD.

I'm so confused. I love the EVO and I love the Droid X but there are so many new Android phones coming out that I have no clue what to do. Verizon's Android Roadmap was also leaked today and showed about 3-4 new phones coming out with Android.

HELP! Opinions please.

I had the Droid 1 for 6 months, now have an X. After 2 weeks with the X, it's nice, but's it's really just a big screen Droid 1.

I would wait. Last night I turned on the old Droid 1, and realized it wasn't that bad at all.

If you want to get it out of your system, try an X for 2 weeks, and bring it back for a small fee.. The X is nice, but if you are OK with the D1, I would hold out.

cgrimm9

Reaction score
im getting the droid X its all that I want in a smart phone.I just want that nice huge screen to view and play around with. anyhting bigger may be asked for to much. for a phone. I will be happy with the droid x for at least 2-3 years. I was happy with the razor I was happy with my chocolate. I know I be happy with the X

Jmart922

Reaction score
It seems that every month there's a new super smart phone coming out and I've been due for an upgrade for about 3 months, as enticing as all these phones are, I think that were going to see some phones by the end of the year that will give a lot of people buyers remorse, not me, I will hold out and make my choice on the best one at that given time, patience is a virtue

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Folks always say buy technology when you need it.... personally I like to need it start looking around at likely rumors cobble together some hacky jury rigged fix to barely keep the thing alive and functioning until the new thing comes out then buy.....

I purchased an X but was coming from an EnV2 with a finicky power connector and the rumors flying of the droid pro being an LTE 4G world phone in November... *dr00l...* if your D1 is treating you fine might hold out a bit longer.... IMHO

rolandct

Reaction score
The Pro supposedly is coming in November, but no LTE. There aren't supposed to be any LTE phones until Jan/Feb, just LTE data cards for laptops in Nov/Dec.

The pro will have a 4" screen and 1.3 GHz processor, so if you want a little smaller screen and little faster processor wait. However if you want the large screen, jump in. IMO unless you NEED a physical keyboard I can't see the point in getting a D2 with the Pro coming.

Again this is just from reading the usual tech sites which are right only 50% of the time.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
the recent verizon roadmap leak

the Motorola DROID Pro. It is supposed to have a 1.3GHz CPU, 4″ screen and global roaming capabilities. Estimated launch of November 2010

leads me to make the LTE comments.... perhaps Sprint's 4G marketing spam pushed things up again? all rumors still of course...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wait wait wait. It'll only get crazy better...

tk-093

Reaction score
If money is not an issue, pay an extra $70 or so and just do a 1 year contract and get the X. Then in 10 months you can upgrade. I refuse to do 2 year contracts.

HELP! Opinions please.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I have both the original Droid and now the X. If you are traveler and watch Videos it is hands down the X. Also how important is the Keyboard. I found myself never using the Droid 1 keyboard so a slider is no longer needed for me.

Lastly, are you a modder and want ROM flashing? If so than steer clear of the X at the moment since the E-Fuse Bootloader hasn't been cracked. I have toyed with sending the X back and getting the Droid Incredible since it now has the same camera as the X. I use the heck out of the camera because I have 2 and 4 year old. Droid Incredible can be modded with no issue.