just out of curiosity........

Drew_P

Reaction score
I remember when the evo came out for Sprint and it was the next big thing. Then a while after that Verizon got the thunderbolt, which was classified by many as an upgraded evo. My question is.......does anyone know if this will happen again with the release of the evo 4g?? Will Verizon be getting its own (possibly upgraded) variant of the one x as well?? Any info or links would be greatly appreciated as I'm sitting on an upgrade for my tbolt, but for some reason don't wanna lose my kickstand lol

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Inc 4G looks like a variant of the One series - pretty darn close to the One S.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Maybe but I'm not one to go for second tier phones lol I like top shelf......and at the time that's what the tbolt was (first 4g phone for Verizon) and its not that I don't like the Incredible line, but to me the rezound was an upgraded inc, especially since they had VERY similar style ques. And as silly as it sounds.....I really don't wanna upgrade to something without a kickstand lol

pogibry

Reaction score
One thing about HTC is that they will keep the kickstand. If you notice the new Evo 4g LTE, it has a kickstand. But since you have the upgrade available, it's just a matter of time before Verizon get's their "equivalent"; which means more than likely it will be a slight upgrade just like the TBolt was :D

kparks

Reaction score
Drew_P said:
Maybe but I'm not one to go for second tier phones lol I like top shelf......and at the time that's what the tbolt was (first 4g phone for Verizon) and its not that I don't like the Incredible line, but to me the rezound was an upgraded inc, especially since they had VERY similar style ques. And as silly as it sounds.....I really don't wanna upgrade to something without a kickstand lol

ALOT of cases have nice kickstands but I don't use a case and my kickstands comes in very heavy I'm getting the next htc phone to drop on vzw with a screen over 4.5 inch

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen some nice cases with kickstands. But I'm odd cause I like keeping my phone naked. I'm just in a weird spot cause I love everything about my tbolt and want something as close to it as I can get.

kparks

Reaction score
Drew_P said:
Yeah I've seen some nice cases with kickstands. But I'm odd cause I like keeping my phone naked. I'm just in a weird spot cause I love everything about my tbolt and want something as close to it as I can get.

I'm with u I hope that note competitor comes true... 5" quad core htc and kickstand I would fall out the door trying to get 2 vzw.. But please htc USE BIGGER BATTERY'S. My 2750mha on my bolt can't even get me through a 8hr day at work

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
I agree, the batteries leave something to be desired. I got a rezound battery in my bolt and I could really see a difference. Something to keep in mind.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I love the kickstand, I just wish the charging port was on the other side so you can use the kickstand while it's charging. It actually stays fairly well on the car dash just using the kickstand!

I agree, the batteries leave something to be desired. I got a rezound battery in my bolt and I could really see a difference. Something to keep in mind.
He has the 2750mAh battery, 1000 higher the the Rezound.

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Yeah Geoff, I noticed that after I had already posted my reply lol

kparks

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
I love the kickstand, I just wish the charging port was on the other side so you can use the kickstand while it's charging. It actually stays fairly well on the car dash just using the kickstand!

He has the 2750mAh battery, 1000 higher the the Rezound.

U can stand it up straight lol..

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well against my better judgement I went to a Verizon store and asked if they would get a variant of the One X. And not surprisingly, the guy said he didn't know for sure and hadn't even heard of the One X. Wow!!!! If anyone has any info could you please pass it along. I would GREATLY appreciate hearing from someone who has a clue......

JRParsons

Reaction score
Although I'm not sure where I read it, possibly engadget, I think I read that Verizon was not going to get any of the One series phones. Of course there is always the possibility that they are going to get a variant, but the article I read didn't allude to that. It seemed that they just weren't getting them. I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

I just Googled "Verizon won't be getting the HTC One" and many articles popped up, apparently it was announced by HTC spokesperson Jeff Gordon. He did not say that the One phones wouldn't be reworked renamed and then sold by Verizon, so I guess HTC fans can hope, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them.

kparks

Reaction score
Drew_P said:
Well against my better judgement I went to a Verizon store and asked if they would get a variant of the One X. And not surprisingly, the guy said he didn't know for sure and hadn't even heard of the One X. Wow!!!! If anyone has any info could you please pass it along. I would GREATLY appreciate hearing from someone who has a clue......

THEY won't be getting one is the word... if my contract was up I would go to att and get a white one tho.. VZW need a new phone and not a incredible.. Wtf its been like 6 months so they go from dropping a phone every month to nothing!! Not even moto who has a phone every week has not even had nothing

OP
Drew_P

Drew_P

Reaction score
Yeah the more I read up it seems like the One X isn't in the cards for Verizon. But the guy didn't say that big red wouldn't get ANY of the One series. I'm sure they will come out with more than 3 this year. Also maybe he meant they wouldn't have the X since Verizon will re-brand it and call it a different name besides One X like sprint did with theirs. Just wishful thinking maybe......

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!