New Thunderbolt by 3pm today

davfed

Reaction score
I will have my new thunderbolt by 3pm today. Upgrading from the original Droid, should be a huge step up! there are a great deal of negatives here but I plan on keeping an open mind and judge for myself.

I got the phone for 199.99 with free overnight shipping from the website. I thought they were doing away with the 1 year upgrade on a 2 year contract but i was able to do it yesterday..

Can't wait to play with it!

OP
D

davfed

Reaction score
hey, that's not fair!

Have you had a chance to use it much?

dirtygin

Reaction score
Not too much...just had it activated and charging. I'm actually on the phone with Verizon right now because I lost 3g service. I'm not in a 4g area until I get home, but I cant access anything right now.

bc predz

Reaction score
You should like it, its fast for sure. Feels nice in your hand compared to the x too. From what ive seen the batt wont last much more then 8 hours. Looks like devs are putting in the man hours for some cool roms also. Enjoy.

Sent from my DX w/ liberty 1.5

Sent from my DX w/ liberty 1.5

BiggDogg

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as OP. I upgraded from Moto Droid and it is great! So much faster and with 4G it is awesome! With Moto Droid it was becoming slower and slower and frustrating when switching b/w apps and waiting for the shortcuts to appear on home screen or trying to select next app in menu. I'm so glad I made the upgrade to TB!!

acles003

Reaction score
I also upgraded to a Thunderbolt from a D1. I thought I would be a Motorola person for life. The D1 rooted, over clocked, under clocked, different ROM's (Ultimate Droid, MIUI, Pete's Gingerbread), different kernels... The Thunderbolt is much better then any experience I had with the D1. HTC Sense is awesome, really makes the phone run smoothly. Battery has not been an issue. Don't have 4G yet, but even doing voice/data simultaneously has been awesome. I am very happy with it to date (got it a week ago today).

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

blinden

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel2 XL
I too went from D1 to TB and I can't believe how much faster it is.

Rooted and now just waiting to get some good roms out.

I got the regular + extended batteries, have the extended fully charged but I want to play around with the regular one now and see how long it lasts.

Drew_P

Reaction score
I've had mine for exactly a week now. I gotta this is one of the best phones I've ever owned, and I used to have an iPhone. I was coming from a fascinated which isn't that bad a phone (and of course that beautiful screen) I've been VERY happy with this phone. Also I can get more than a days worth out of the stock battery. And I'm in a 4G area. The phone kicks ass and will be more than accommodating for the next 2 years or so.

finally thunderboltin' and lovin it!!!!!