VZW Now Offering Plan Savings for Month-to-Month Customers Moving to More Everything

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-chrome-sign.jpg

Big Red is doing their darnedest to entice folks with grandfathered unlimited plans to switch. Verizon just announced a limited time offer in which customers on a month-to-month plan can get pretty decent discounts if they switch to one of their "More Everything" plans. Stating on April 17th, any customer on a month-to-month plan who switches to a "More Everything" plan will get $10 off per month for the purchase of an 8GB plan. Alternatively, they can get $25 off per month for the 10GB plan. New customers aren't being left out either though.

Here's a quote with the full details,

No contract. No problem. Verizon Wireless is giving customers the ability to add a smartphone that is not currently under contract to a MORE Everything plan, beginning April 17.

Starting this Thursday, existing customers who are on month-to-month contracts can move to a MORE Everything plan to experience savings immediately. Customers who choose plans with data allowances of 8 GB or below can add a smartphone for $30, a savings of $10, and customers who choose plans with data allowances of 10 GB and above can add a smartphone for $15, a savings of $25.

Also available on April 17, new customers who want to experience the nation’s largest and most reliable network can add any smartphone they already own to a MORE Everything plan for either $30 or $15 depending on the data allowance they choose. When a customer brings his or her own smartphone, it must be compatible with the Verizon Wireless network.

These monthly access prices are also available to customers who choose Verizon Edge when purchasing or upgrading to a new smartphone. So, customers who choose a MORE Everything plan with 10 GB of data and four smartphones, either on Edge, moved from month-to-month contracts, or brought to the Verizon Wireless network, will pay $160 month for service and access.

To take advantage of this value, which is available for a limited time, customers can log in to My Verizon to add these devices and update their plans. They can also visit a store or call Verizon Wireless to make the change and to ensure they are on the right MORE Everything plan for their mobile lifestyle.

MORE Everything plans include unlimited talk and text, unlimited international messaging, 25 GB of cloud storage per line, and three months free of the International Long Distance Value Plan and FamilyBase service.

Verizon Wireless was the first wireless provider to introduce shareable data, and customers can have up to 10 devices on a MORE Everything plan. Currently, customers who want to activate a tablet and add it to a MORE Everything plan of 1 GB or higher will receive an additional 1 GB of shareable bonus data for as long as that tablet remains on the plan. Tablets can be added to the plan for $10 monthly access.

It appears that the competitive pressure from T-Mobile and AT&T is having an affect on Verizon. What do you guys think of these new "enticements" from Big Red?

Source: Verizon

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I already thought this was out. About a week ago remember reading about it...Was that just a sneak peek? Anyways, you can give the credit, but if you are getting a smartphone added on, its gonna run $260 with 4 smartphones.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... you might have seen a sneak peek before. This is the new official announcement.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
...its gonna run $260 with 4 smartphones.

That's because you're paying full retail for the phone. Don't get new phones, pay $160/mo.

Would be nice to see the carriers get out of the subsidy business, and then we might start seeing some real price competition for phones.

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
That's because you're paying full retail for the phone. Don't get new phones, pay $160/mo.

Would be nice to see the carriers get out of the subsidy business, and then we might start seeing some real price competition for phones.

I'm fairly certain that you pay $260/mo for 4 smartphones whether you keep your old one or get a new one. The problem with Verizon is there is no "Bring your own phone" plan, unless I an sorely mistaken.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that you pay $260/mo for 4 smartphones whether you keep your old one or get a new one. The problem with Verizon is there is no "Bring your own phone" plan, unless I an sorely mistaken.

It says right above that you get a $10 or $25 discount if you bring your own CDMA phone with a new account. At least that how I'm reading it?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It says right above that you get a $10 or $25 discount if you bring your own CDMA phone with a new account. At least that how I'm reading it?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

That's my understanding. This plan is $160....the Edge or whatever other program referred to for phones is separate and would be an additional $25/mo. Eventually people are going to start to realize they are probably wasting their money if they are upgrading their phone every 12-24 months.

shockracer

Reaction score
What do I think about Verizon trying to cut a deal for those of us with unlimited?

Roflmfao!

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
What do I think about Verizon trying to cut a deal for those of us with unlimited?

Roflmfao!

Max plan 6 GB is not enough. Give me 10 GB and I would probably do it.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8

Sent from my Droid Maxx

But isn't the idea of this quicker upgrading? So after your honeymoon using your old phone, the latest and greatest will lure you in to fork over the money and then your plan goes up. Meanwhile, Verizon smiles and twirls it's mustache.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6

Big Red is doing their darnedest to entice folks with grandfathered unlimited plans to switch.

Who are you telling?! Seems like everyday I get spam calls from Big Red reminding me I'm eligible for an upgrade. And let's not mention the emails they send.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
But isn't the idea of this quicker upgrading? So after your honeymoon using your old phone, the latest and greatest will lure you in to fork over the money and then your plan goes up. Meanwhile, Verizon smiles and twirls it's mustache.

Might as well profit on fools with no self control :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VirtualCLD

Reaction score
That's my understanding. This plan is $160....the Edge or whatever other program referred to for phones is separate and would be an additional $25/mo. Eventually people are going to start to realize they are probably wasting their money if they are upgrading their phone every 12-24 months.

I thought you only save the money if you don't go with the Edge plan. The Edge plan let's you upgrade in less than 24 months for an extra fee, but without the Edge plan, you're still paying a "hidden subsidy" that allows you to upgrade every 24 months. I.E. if you bring your own phone instead of buying one at $200 or $300 every 24 months, then you are paying for a phone subsidy that you are not using. Then again I may still be misinterpreting the deal.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I thought you only save the money if you don't go with the Edge plan. The Edge plan let's you upgrade in less than 24 months for an extra fee, but without the Edge plan, you're still paying a "hidden subsidy" that allows you to upgrade every 24 months. I.E. if you bring your own phone instead of buying one at $200 or $300 every 24 months, then you are paying for a phone subsidy that you are not using. Then again I may still be misinterpreting the deal.

No, the Edge program basically just prorates full retail over 24 months. There is no subsidy with the Edge program, so not having the Edge program can't means you are somehow paying a subsidy you wouldn't otherwise be doing.