Verizon Offer Nets You 2GB of Free Data/Month 'for life' with a New XL or XXL Plan

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-glass-logo.jpg

Verizon has a new holiday data plan offer available that will give you a tasty data boost of 2GB extra per month for life! Here's a quote with the full details from Verizon's press release,

"New and existing Verizon Wireless customers will receive 2 GB of bonus data every month for every new phone they add or upgrade on XL or XXL Verizon Plans this holiday season. Available for a limited time, the 2 GB of monthly bonus data is shareable and can be combined with other offers.

A family of four on the XL Verizon plan who have been waiting for the right time to upgrade their phones can upgrade now and receive 8 GB of bonus data each month in addition to the 12 GB XL Verizon plan allowance, for a total of 20 GB of monthly data to share.

What can you do with 2 GB of extra data?

• Keep up to date with your Facebook Newsfeed for 102 hours.
  • Stream 10 HD 30-minute television shows.
  • Surf the web for 89 hours.
  • Stream 512 songs.
  • Navigate on Google Maps for 34 hours.
New and existing customers must upgrade or activate a new phone and be on the XL or the XXL Verizon Plan to receive the 2 GB of bonus data each month. Customers can add up to 10 lines per account. To receive the bonus data for life, customers must remain on the XL or XXL Verizon Plan and the line must remain active on a phone.

Customers can share the data with all devices on the account, including tablets and connected devices, although tablets and connected devices are not eligible to be upgraded or activated to receive the 2 GB of data each month.

Customers should visit a Verizon store when switching, upgrading or adding a line since promotional savings and trade-in values are completed immediately in-store.
"

As their press release detailed, this is a limited time offer, so you may want to jump on this quickly. It's always a happy day when we see Big Red offer big value!

Source: Verizon

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
We are stuck on the share everything plan and get the big discount on the per line access so the amount really jumps up every month to switch to the XL plan. We have 10 Gb's and usually do ok. We have 3 lines on it and I burn through around 80% of the data each month on my own.

I may have to crunch some numbers on this though as I would really like to be able to stream more music and things when I am on the road.

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
of course they roll this out after they force people off of unlimited

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We are stuck on the share everything plan and get the big discount on the per line access so the amount really jumps up every month to switch to the XL plan. We have 10 Gb's and usually do ok. We have 3 lines on it and I burn through around 80% of the data each month on my own.

I may have to crunch some numbers on this though as I would really like to be able to stream more music and things when I am on the road.
When you factor in the price difference to move up with the More Everything plan or even the difference with overages, going to the XL or even XXL plan kind of evens out.

But I need to point out, this is not something you can just call Verizon and ask for. It requires activating a new line of service, or upgrading an existing line. I activated a new line tonight and it said Bonus Data dates of 12/3/15-12/3/2035. So, not exactly 'for life' ;-) lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I didn't realize their share everything plan was not the same as their "Verizon" plan (the "pick your size" of s,m,l,xl, or xxl plans). I was paying $160/mo for 15gb data and 4 lines ($100 for unlimited txt, talk & 15gb plus $15 for each of my four lines). I noticed that their $100 plan was 18gb not the 15gb I had so I called Verizon and said, "hey wait, I should be getting 18gb not just 15." The rep said, "oh yes, you're right. Let me fix that." She proceeded to up my gb to 18. She did it in less than 5 minutes. So very cool, that seemed easy!

BUT when I looked at the changes on MyVerizon, I noticed she also changed my line charges from $15 to $20 per line. A total of $20/ more I'm paying for 3 more gb's. UGH! I did not want a higher bill every month.

Within 15 minutes, I called Verizon back to change my plan back to what it was. He tried for an hour and couldn't do it. WOW! I will try calling again today to see if I have any better luck.

In the end, if I'm not successful in changing my plan back to what it was, after I activate my son's new turbo 2, I will have 20gb shared data instead of my 15 gb for $20/month more. My per gb cost will be less but I really wasn't looking to raise my bill.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't realize their share everything plan was not the same as their "Verizon" plan (the "pick your size" of s,m,l,xl, or xxl plans). I was paying $160/mo for 15gb data and 4 lines ($100 for unlimited txt, talk & 15gb plus $15 for each of my four lines). I noticed that their $100 plan was 18gb not the 15gb I had so I called Verizon and said, "hey wait, I should be getting 18gb not just 15." The rep said, "oh yes, you're right. Let me fix that." She proceeded to up my gb to 18. She did it in less than 5 minutes. So very cool, that seemed easy!

BUT when I looked at the changes on MyVerizon, I noticed she also changed my line charges from $15 to $20 per line. A total of $20/ more I'm paying for 3 more gb's. UGH! I did not want a higher bill every month.

Within 15 minutes, I called Verizon back to change my plan back to what it was. He tried for an hour and couldn't do it. WOW! I will try calling again today to see if I have any better luck.

In the end, if I'm not successful in changing my plan back to what it was, after I activate my son's new turbo 2, I will have 20gb shared data instead of my 15 gb for $20/month more. My per gb cost will be less but I really wasn't looking to raise my bill.

I wish you luck, but from what I understand, once you move off of a plan that's no longer offered, there's no going back. Even if it's that same day.

I went round and round in my head with whether it was worth it for me to bump up to the 6GB VZW plan from my More Everything plan. They'd doubled my 2GB of data for the same price early this year and I had 1GB promotional for another year. But, I started streaming music all the time when I got my truck in may and I'm going over the 4GB/mo quite often now. Once I took the Note 4 off my line (when I got the 6P), suddenly the price difference was a better deal according to the VZW website. We'll see how it actually shakes out when my new bill is available with this new plan, but at I figure even if it turns out to be a little more, I'm getting the data I currently need to keep from paying overages. Should potentially be cheaper though. And once I finish paying on the Edge plan for the Note 4 (that my wife now uses on her separate plan), it should go down even more.

boidsonly

Reaction score
Who did they force off unlimited?

I suspect that is in reference to the increase VZW levied on the grandfathered UDP owners. I could pay my water bill for 3 months with that increase. But I voted with my wallet and changed carriers.
These little morsels being offered by VZW are in response to a small uptick in folks leaving VZW and making the shareholders unhappy.
Remember, if you are not a blue chip VZW stockholder, you don't count...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I think you're right JK. But it's going to be worth a try. In the end, it will all work out in the wash.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you're right JK. But it's going to be worth a try. In the end, it will all work out in the wash.

They will probably have to submit a ticket to get you back to the old plan.

I have previously made sure I tell anyone I come across with the 6gb/10gb/15gb More Everything plan to stay where they are at because of the line charge difference. Anyone on a lower plan, I'll calculate the difference, but it's usually a better deal to move over to the new plans because of the line charge difference.

With this new promo, I'll have to calculate again though. I'm all for getting people the best deal.

Speaking of, did you know that if you activate the go90 app from Verizon,youll get a bonus 2GB data for 2 months?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could Verizon's giant glut of incomprehensible plans be any more complicated? Sheesh!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
They switched me back to my 15gb share everything plan with my $15/line access charge so all is good. Now I have to decide if paying an extra $20/month is worth an extra 5gb data.