New Unlimited Plan from Big Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4tx

Reaction score
I'm on the 1400 min family share with 5 lines btw...my company gets 25% off which makes my plan about $100 a month before adding each lines data and insurance. Usually each line is 32 bucks with tax and my total bill is 232 or so...without these discounts it shoots up $100 bucks which I am not willing to do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pleezzzz

Reaction score
4x4tx said:
I'm on the 1400 min family share with 5 lines btw...my company gets 25% off which makes my plan about $100 a month before adding each lines data and insurance. Usually each line is 32 bucks with tax and my total bill is 232 or so...without these discounts it shoots up $100 bucks which I am not willing to do

I have 8 phones and a tablet, or bill is 479,we use it 10000min,over 6000 text, and 7.5 gigs, and we each pay this way/my sg3cost 70$/Droid razor m 70,Sammy pad, 10,HTC thunderbolt 67,20 bucks for a hotspot and I droid razor pro ( contract up in 4 months) for 67 dollars, droid 3 that contract is up in February 70, and 2 phones the 30 dollars a piece because my grandparents and they just use them for texting and calling of so the old flip phones they, they still got Samsung Lg, all insurance 7 dollars a piece except my tablet it's saved me and my family each 20 to 40 dollars a phone so do the math what's up 25 or more less on our bill apiece great , getting was a b**** but it was worth it, if you have wifi at home then its worth getting all these phones and using this plan, jut get q good 30-40 dollar internet company and update your updates when you're at home send your things in your at home you can save there isnot brain surgery verizon has the best deal hands down, also theperes are familiar members that don't care what an Phone they have that lets def you in the family update their phone give the other family member a good phone also like in April I love my SG3,but if another phone better than that which you will and I will be sides ourselves if the SG3 gets over rtahen buy anything else, maybe the LG, then my mother will take care of this phone and I will getting an updated new phones I like we both win. Last month the bill:435 without th. Droid razor m so addon 40+7insured,do the math, (70)*4 20+10+(37*2)=(tax+fees 40)and 100 for 10 gigs right around - - 500/7=70(which we all have high speed Internet, 26 megabytes a second just 12 worse than 4 G so each phone pretty much for a 70 bucks a piece and if you look at the way I do it's unlimited and by May next year we'll all have Sg three's or droid razor Maxx or the max M the insurance is the trick just don't be a dumb f*** drop it or its 99 but the first 2 or 3 are free if it's their fault via, technology problems

View attachment 56631

Quick

Reaction score
Here is what happened. My family went on a cruise in august and my elderly parents who have lines on my account incurred charges that they were unaware they were liable for...ie didn't put their phone on airplane mode and received emails ans texts while phone was sitting idle. Like $200 worth....when I called Verizon to see what they could do the rep offered to give me one months access charge for free to offset half the international charges. I thought it was really nice of them and agreed to split the difference.... so this month I expected to see that about a 100 of credit come through... instead my bill was the same as it normally is but what happened is I got my $100 credit but lost my $20 per line data discount so they offset each other. I paid in august my bill plus international charges which was $400 because of billing cycle timing issues but expected to see about a 120 bill this month....didn't happen unfortunately

Yea. So two independent things.
One is the incurred charges and whether they refund/credit none, some or all of it.
The other is dropping the promo code/plan from your account.
They shouldn't have been connected and the rep you originally negotiated the credit with made a mistake or did the refund the wrong way or had an accident.
I can imagine there was an "oops" somewhere along the line and they re-entered options and either missed or couldn't enter the code for that particular promo and it got overlooked or the rep thought it was fine. I'd feel pretty optimistic they will fix it for you.

Lol, anyone remember when they first came out with the Treos? Maybe around 2003? or earlier. and they weren't able to do push email. What you would do is set everything up so when you got email you would get sent a txt msg. Well, to keep people happy (especially those on corporate accounts), if you had the smartphone plan, and requested it, they would add a code that would give you free 2000 txt msgs/month and you had to go through the data department/techs to have it done. To say the least it was really tricky carrying/grandfathering that code through subsequent plan changes I made :). What they can do is sort of stage a plan change and at the very last point they can see what codes got entered and retained just before they commit the change. They usually had to try it a couple of different ways to get the code to carry over. Those codes are in the billing system but there often isn't any way for the rep to enter them on your plan from their interface screens. I think that's how that works.

Apparently, this was their mistake, not yours. They would have to find a way to correct it. They are obligated to do so.

Not exactly (I think). Once you go month to month you're well, month to month. It is their policy to do so (correct things and grandfather everything) but I don't think they are obligated to do so. I think the last time I read the fine print was over 10 years ago but you can pretty much count on wording in there that probably says they can change anything they want, notify you, and you have 30 days to accept or not ("not" meaning you would most likely terminate service with them without penalty). VZW has always been the best about grandfathering promos and plans forever. At one point they wouldn't let you re-activate equipment that didn't have gps for 911 support and this thing now with "take an upgrade price and lose your unlimited data" is about as close as they've come as far as I know.

Last edited:

wahhutch9

Reaction score
Since this thread is back from the dead... Given the change to share everything plans, is it even still possible for me to add a new line to my plan for the $19.99? Or will my new line be $39.99? I have 2 lines now with unlimited data thanks to this thread... I'm guessing if I add a 3rd line today, that line will have the 2gb data allowance but other 2 lines will remain unlimited until I upgrade those phones. I'm trying I figure out what my new 3rd line would cost. Thanks in advance for any help!

Ok, I called yesterday. My contract isn't up until December.

I asked if I upgraded the phone on my 2nd line, if I keep the $20 discount. They said if I upgrade line #2, and get a 2GB data plan, I keep the discount. However, if I go to shared data on the 2nd line, I lose the $20 discount.

I then asked about adding a 3rd line. They told me if I add a 3rd line, the cost is $9.99 for the line and $30 for a 2GB data plan. I asked if I was able to get the $20 discount like I have on my 2nd line, but they said that is not available. I guess I don't understand this part. I'm still under contract.... my plan calls for $19.99 for each additional line (see the flyer on the first page of this thread.) So am I confused.. or should I be able to add a 3rd line right now for $19.99? My wife's line shows up as $9.99 for the line, plus $30 for the data, less a $20 discount. I know if I add a 3rd line, I won't be able to get unlimited data, and I'm OK with that. However, I think I should be able to get the $20 discount today even if I add a line. Should I call again and get a different phone rep?

Also, I have my last NE2 discount on my main line.. has anyone had success moving that discount to another line? I was denied that yesterday as well.

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Ok, I called yesterday. My contract isn't up until December.

I asked if I upgraded the phone on my 2nd line, if I keep the $20 discount. They said if I upgrade line #2, and get a 2GB data plan, I keep the discount. However, if I go to shared data on the 2nd line, I lose the $20 discount.

I then asked about adding a 3rd line. They told me if I add a 3rd line, the cost is $9.99 for the line and $30 for a 2GB data plan. I asked if I was able to get the $20 discount like I have on my 2nd line, but they said that is not available. I guess I don't understand this part. I'm still under contract.... my plan calls for $19.99 for each additional line (see the flyer on the first page of this thread.) So am I confused.. or should I be able to add a 3rd line right now for $19.99? My wife's line shows up as $9.99 for the line, plus $30 for the data, less a $20 discount. I know if I add a 3rd line, I won't be able to get unlimited data, and I'm OK with that. However, I think I should be able to get the $20 discount today even if I add a line. Should I call again and get a different phone rep?

Also, I have my last NE2 discount on my main line.. has anyone had success moving that discount to another line? I was denied that yesterday as well.

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, you can't add another line with the discount. In the fine print for the promo it gave a certain time by which new lines had to be added and it's long past. It is cool how you can get the 20 off the 2gb plan though. I wonder if you upped the data if you would still get 20 off.

4x4tx

Reaction score
Have not received a call back as of today, will give it another day before calling back it to check status.

the3dolla

Reaction score
Hey just curious if anyone has insight onto adding full retail phones to keep unlimited and more importantly the $20 discount per line. A while back the actual wording of the discount dropped off from my plan view on My Verizon, but reps confirmed it was still there and has been for the last year. We have one 4G and four 3G phones on the plan. Has anyone had any issues swapping phones off contract and going from 3G to 4G, I'm guessing 3G to 3G isn't a big deal. Thanks!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Hey just curious if anyone has insight onto adding full retail phones to keep unlimited and more importantly the $20 discount per line. A while back the actual wording of the discount dropped off from my plan view on My Verizon, but reps confirmed it was still there and has been for the last year. We have one 4G and four 3G phones on the plan. Has anyone had any issues swapping phones off contract and going from 3G to 4G, I'm guessing 3G to 3G isn't a big deal. Thanks!
Yes. Swapped out two phones this weekend, no problems. Well, no problems except having to pay $500 per phone.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Same here, swapped out a GS3 back in June and then again for a RAZR MAXX HD Friday.

the3dolla

Reaction score
cool

Cool, thanks for the info. Do you guys go to the store and have them do it? Do it online? Or call them up and ask the rep to do it?

4x4tx

Reaction score
I got my discounts back but now I'd like to upgrade 2 lines but keep the discount...dont mind going to a 2 GB line on two accounts

the3dolla

Reaction score
Dang! and I thought I've gone through a lot of phones! Dang, Razr Maxx HD is $699 off contract.

@geoff5093 for the GS3 and Razr Maxx HD.

the3dolla

Reaction score
I got my discounts back but now I'd like to upgrade 2 lines but keep the discount...dont mind going to a 2 GB line on two accounts

Nice! Good to know if they mess it up, they'll fix it. I didn't know about the dropping to 2GB and keeping the discount. (saw a little about it) Are we sure that's legit? I thought to get the discount you have to be on unlimited? Let me know how that goes please! back at least a year ago my sister went to Verizon and got a dumb phone for a loaner and the the discount dropped off because they dropped the data on the line. Luckily I was able to get it back within a week, that was a long while back though.

jimg50

Reaction score
I work for Verizon business as a engineer. I have been dealing with corporation, to bring back unlimited data even at a slightly higher price. They are working on. My ideas I told them no one can upgrade their phone so the unlimited price is useless to unlimited data customers. I also advised I will go to another carrier. That and having them read the forum to see how many customers are leaving. It all worked. Unlimited data will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.